PDA

View Full Version : Trade in prices (UK)

KTC
08-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone

To all the UK people, do you trade your games in at places like Gamestation and Game?

Yesterday i traded in NBA Street Homecourt and Colin Mccrae DiRT for the 360, as i have completed both and done all the achievements bar one for DiRT and didn't see the need to keep them, and i got 50 for them together. Considering i paid 18 for Homecourt brand new and paid 30 for DiRT brand new i got a great deal!

What deals have you guys got on your games?

Mirksta
08-22-2007, 06:05 PM
I bought some third-party controller from Gamestation for 2 pounds, a few days ago my mum bought 3 wireless controllers for reasons I don't know, and I managed to trade the controller back in for 6 quid, which ain't bad really.

I also traded in my gamecube and 13 games in 2 months ago for 120 quid, which isn't bad considering you can buy a gamecube from 30 quid preowned and they have a 4 games for 20 quid offer down there as well. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to stay in business when they buy for more than they sell :p

Pez
08-22-2007, 09:14 PM
I think GameStation give you slightly more credit than Game for instore trades. Both places completely rip you off though if you want cash for your games.

Also, I know Game do a little manual instore and there is also an online version on their website about their trade-in prices. It doesn't list all games though, just new games and popular games.

~SS

Cold Rival
08-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone

To all the UK people, do you trade your games in at places like Gamestation and Game?

Yesterday i traded in NBA Street Homecourt and Colin Mccrae DiRT for the 360, as i have completed both and done all the achievements bar one for DiRT and didn't see the need to keep them, and i got 50 for them together. Considering i paid 18 for Homecourt brand new and paid 30 for DiRT brand new i got a great deal!

What deals have you guys got on your games?

Tha's a damn great deal. But you didn't specify where you traded in the games... I've never had such a good deal from GAME or Gamestation though... :confused:

TheTenthArmy
08-22-2007, 10:45 PM
My G/F's son took a PSP, a Wii, a Crystal Xbox, all with a few games for each platform to GAME and got 329 trade in value, so he's getting a 360 elite.

I thought he got damn good deal. Can't remember what games though.

I got 25 trade in for Forza 2, which was pretty good cos I got it second hand anyway.

I remember trading in KOTOR at Gamestation for 1 more than I paid for it a couple of years ago.

KTC
08-23-2007, 03:50 AM
Tha's a damn great deal. But you didn't specify where you traded in the games... I've never had such a good deal from GAME or Gamestation though... :confused:

my apologies, i traded them in at Gamestation!

i bought myself a Nintendo DS and Pokemon Pearl too as i traded in some old Xbox games and they gave me roughly 30 for them, so i only paid about 22 for the DS and Pokemon in cash :woop:

LongJon
08-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I got 25 trade in for Forza 2, which was pretty good cos I got it second hand anyway.

Weird,I traded my copy of Forza 2 in at gamestation on monday,and I got 30

although it was trade in value,did you get cash??

Xterm1n8or
08-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Just been to gamestation and traded in GRAW, TW06 and Superman Returns and got MotoGp 07 in return! Great deal i think considering how outdated the games are, and especially when they have sat on my shelf for 6 months without being used. :woop:

Mirksta
08-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Just been to gamestation and traded in GRAW, TW06 and Superman Returns and got MotoGp 07 in return! Great deal i think considering how outdated the games are, and especially when they have sat on my shelf for 6 months without being used. :woop:

Thats not a bad deal really, at my local gamestation you can get first edition GRAW for 7.99, and Superman and TW06 in a 2 for 20 quid deal.

JAYSTAMX
08-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I got 62 for NBA street homecorut, viva pinata, and GRAW 2.

Bax x360a
08-24-2007, 02:14 PM
The gamestation near me is so stingy, they offered me 12 for gears of war whereas a shop close to it, called Discz (formerly Ross Records) gave me 20 for gears. Anybody got a Discz near them? cant beat their trade in values

Pirate Luke
08-24-2007, 02:24 PM
My best deal was when i bought final fantasy anthology on ps1, i got it for like 10 and traded it for 15 :P

oneandonlytommo
08-24-2007, 03:22 PM
best deal i have had is i bought nba street homecourt for 25 i traded in table tennis lost planet and nba ballers (ps2) and then traded it in at choices uk for 25 2 months later. if you want good deals on trade-ins go to choices but i think there all closing down though :(:(

worst deal ive had is 14 trade in for lost planet from game 2 months after it came out.