PDA

View Full Version : Bad Reviews?

41inuyasha
03-18-2012, 02:22 PM
I have it preordered, and im a big fan. But im thinking of cancelling for now becuase everyone says how much worse it has gotten. They tell me that all you get is like 3 swords? And later they will bring 2 older weapons back as DLC for money? They say the campaign will be exceedingly small compared to the prequels? Ninja gaiden 2 went down to $40 in the first month, and it was a great game. So if they dumbed it down, all my friends think it will drop in price extremely fast. Can people prove my friends wrong and tell me what this game has to over if I am paying $60 for it?

jackofblades
03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
the Scythe and Claws are as far as i know going to be released with the same day and they are free them two anyway, but as far as the Staff and others go i can see them putting a price tag on and i will be getting them anyway

more then offton reviews dont get all the information out anyway, if they are bad at the game they will just talk shit about it so reviews dont count for crap

either you get it or you dont noone else can decide that for you

Dark Anaconda
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Why do you care about the opinions of other people?

If you like it ,buy it and get it, its just that simple. ;)

In my personal opinion it will be still the best fucking "dynamic action hackn slash" game in this year.

EVEN if they dumb a few things down ,its still more badass than the other Action hackn slash games.

Like jackofblades said: in the end its your decision ,don`t buy games based on hype of other people ,you should look for YOUR individual style.

jackofblades
03-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I am getting it and yes things have changed but i am still getting it cant wait looking forward to it

this thing only having 4 swords in the game is strange but you will get used to it very quickly NG2 had over powered weapons anyway

plus we are getting the Claws and Scythe for free so

Dark Anaconda
03-18-2012, 03:30 PM
plus we are getting the Claws and Scythe for free so

they could probably put more weapons later ;)

41inuyasha
03-18-2012, 04:06 PM
oh no, i am defiantly getting it no matter what. I was just deciding whether to wait or get it at midnight. Its just i have loved the weapons in all the games so much. So many memories lol. It just sucks to see them go. But thanks to all of you, i am keeping my preorder. I just needed some positive flow in my direction about this game. Tho I will miss decapitating :(, but I also WONT miss the legless spider shinobi scrawling with an exploding kunai lol.

And DARK ANACONDA. Lol dont forget about Devil May Cry. NG and DMC are both at the top for action adventure hack and slash games!

Foxhound300
03-18-2012, 04:09 PM
There is no guarantee that the weapons will be paid-for DLC. They're going to be free in Japan so it's possible they'll be free here. Keep in mind the only reason that they WOULDN'T be free in the US is because Microsoft hates free DLC, it have nothing to do with what Team Ninja wants.

Also the biggest criticism I've heard of NG3 so far is just that "it's not as good as the previous two" but then the addendum is "it's still one of the best action games out there." The lack of weapons and normal difficulty being easy are certainly negatives, but since you can start playing on hard right away and we'll be getting more weapons, I don't see a problem.

It's your choice if you want to hold off buying it because you think you can predict the market.

Dark Anaconda
03-18-2012, 06:25 PM
And DARK ANACONDA. Lol dont forget about Devil May Cry. NG and DMC are both at the top for action adventure hack and slash games!

DMC 1-4 > yes they are fucking good , the new DmC > its a joke to me ,lol Emo May Cry ,XDD i would punch that guy so bad in his ugly face ,if he would try to touch me, oh well i would do the same with the "Tameem Director" ,who designed the new "Donte" like himself , well thats another topic...sorry.

But you are right the DMC HD Collection will be awesome too but i am getting this AFTER NG3. ;)

Bunglist
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
DMC 1-4 > yes they are fucking good , the new DmC > its a joke to me ,lol Emo May Cry ,XDD i would punch that guy so bad in his ugly face ,if he would try to touch me, oh well i would do the same with the "Tameem Director" ,who designed the new "Donte" like himself , well thats another topic...sorry.

But you are right the DMC HD Collection will be awesome too but i am getting this AFTER NG3. ;)

...says the man that's been banging on about how no one can judge until they've played games. Hypocrite much?

Dark Anaconda
03-19-2012, 10:23 AM
@Bunglist: The DmC Reboot is different ,you can accept the changes in NG ,but DmC is just way to behind of all acceptable things for me.

I don`t need it to give an opinion about DmC, its just a total failure from beginning.

Play DMC 1-4 and look at DmC Reboot ,thats a change from 0.

NG3 still has kept its own traditional things with a few changes.

Its not like the game starts from 0 again.

Bunglist
03-19-2012, 10:25 AM
@Bunglist: The DmC Reboot is different ,you can accept the changes in NG ,but DmC is just way to behind of all acceptable things for me.

I don`t need it to give an opinion about DmC, its just a total failure from beginning.

I'm sceptical of the DMC reboot, but i'll give them a chance. I'm not too fussed by the new look, but I they did need to do something drastic to stop it becoming stale.

But yeah, they shouldn't have done that to poor Dante.

cheevo360
03-19-2012, 02:23 PM
IGN.com gave 30% Awful lol

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 02:25 PM
IGN.com gave 30% Awful lol

only IGN did they are pissing awful for reviewing things anyway so all a load off crap they have to say

a7x4lyf3
03-19-2012, 06:31 PM
IGN.com gave 30% Awful lol That's because anything that doesn't impress them more than cod does gets a slap in the face 7 or lower, IGN are cod fanboys and girls, they don't know how to review, and they most certainly didn't play Ninja Gaiden 3 the way it was suppose to be played, I'm willing to bet you money that they loaded the game up and went straight to hero mode, probably sucked ass in the multiplayer so that's an instant negative score, and mission mode, probably sucked ass in that as well even in co-op, you want a good gaming review? Wait for Gametrailers or Destructoid, and in my opinion OXM is usually known for mediocre reviews as well as IGN but this time around they actually did what a reviewer is supposed to do, play the game the way it's meant to be played, and Ninja Gaiden 3 got an 8\10 from them, so IGN can take their little 3 and shove it in their call of booty.

cheevo360
03-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I understand but now I look lots of video reviews and keep look at it and now IGN is 100% correct cos gameplay and graphics is really bad and gameplay is cheap easy.

Shame Ninja Gaiden 3 turn into milky world.

So now only cheevos for me now unlike I loved 1st and 2nd series.

Let hope 4th series bring back to my love for Ninja Gaiden :)

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
no it wont happen there wont be a 4th as everyone clearly is pointing out this one is "awful" so dont get your hopes up about a 4th

all these people bitching just dont get it simple at least for people who want to get it wont get a shity online experience

Spartanwarninja
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Based on everything NG3 that's been released so far I gathered this game would hurt the series. Thus expected it to be shit.

I watched a stream for all chapters from day 1-8 and all cutscenes that was leaked.

I can agree that this game is 30% quality if not lower.

However I haven't played it yet, so I will form my own final opinion to it yet. But given the combat, cutscene and direction shown.

It's absolutely shit, and it's just absolutely appalling, watching the dev diaries talk about "How immersive the story is" "Ryu character and development" "Combat that focuses more on the action of slicing etc"

Never, NEVER have I seen a game company so FULL OF SHIT and that's just outright disappointing, because I really wanted NG3 to do well. As any NG fan would.

Spoilerish*
Can I just add that the ending is the biggest rip off of "The Dark Knight"
LOL, just the whole he's not the ninja we want but the one the world needs is just laughable, I mean people get payed for writing this shit? "he's always watching us, protecting us" hahaha
To comfort Ryu and the player at the end they say something along the lines of "you're not a murderer" after playing a 8-day massacre spree, I really have no idea of what they define murderer as?

It's just laughable. The story is only being scrutinsed to this degree because this time round Team Ninja was actually focusing on "story" as emphasised many times in marketing. Compared to past games, sure it's silly but they took out major elements in gameplay to accomdate to these story segments. E.g making ryu walk and talk, gears of war style at certain sections or QTE segments to progress further akin Ninja Blade 2. Although at heart, minor changes they really shape how the game is formed.

Lastly can I just add to this whole "You get 2 weapons in the game with free dlc" notion.
^

You guys are missing out on the bigger picture, they have planned paid DLC along the way. This is comparable to the free booster packs in Gears 3 compared to the actual DLC pack. Meaning that it's just a sample of the DLC given for free.

If anything it just shows you that it should have been in the game in the first place. If something as big as this is day one dlc.

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I more saw the new weapons as them desperately scrambling after seeing negative feedback to just having one sword.

I just...I must be missing something here, based on all this "I've watched the videos and the gameplay is atrocious." From what I've seen it looks just like previous Ninja Gaidens, but with that little QTE slash instead of OTs. Of course I'm not considering the wall climbs or whatever other QTEs there are, granted, but I still don't get what all the bile is about the core combat engine. Is everyone just that upset about the lack of weapon variety? Did they strip down the combat engine that much? Someone enlighten me.

Spartanwarninja
03-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Well to a large extent yes.

This is a backwards move. You don't need to play the game to notice something like this.

The combat is basically a build up to use a UT [Ultimate Technique] and when your health is low, the one nimpo provided in the game entirety is also used to scare/clear the enemies.

Now what distingues this apart from NG2 is that the SOB mechanic, it interrupts the so called "flow" of gameplay. With the random zoom in zoom out, or at times slo-mo. The enemies are generally the same and although enemy numbers have been reduced, the health has increased. It gets to the point where you feel like grinding just to get a kill, in the higher difficulties worse so.

Just you guys wait till you fight the Heli's [numourous times] it's auto turret segment is the biggest troll in this game.

I can't really praise what they did right, becauses in comparison they did so much worse. What was good in NGB and NG2 aren't really present in NG3 combat system.

I like that the enemies can now counter-act, however it is now a QTE segment mid combat. Which in this case I would rather not have.

I like the concept of sword on bone, however I'm not really cutting anything at all.
Which in this case I would rather not have.

Spoilers*

Some maps and enemies are recycled into the campaign and makes for very revealing combat changes towards said enemies in these maps and it's clearly not a postive one.

What I did like was the A.I presense fighting along side you in campaign on certain missions, it was bold and refreshing and gave a nice pace to it.

However in it's vanilla state, you get 3 swords that act essentially the same. Only with minor changes in movesets.

Ambushes and repeated segments are spamed here and there is no fomula to this game besides kill room of enemies move to the next. [Much like NG2] however combat had style and flair in that game, you played it how you wanted. You're not confined to use it or lose it UT and Nimpo. You could calculate kills based on Orbs /delimbs. Such mechanics that forwarded the series were taken back to simple hack and slash.

The only real way to tell if an enemy is at a weaken state is if they are crawling or limping, no visual indication is given beyond this.

I've invested a lot of time in NG2 and NG1. It's very very easy for me to even notice the little changes at this point. I played those games to death and I can say with certainty the changes in the series do not benefit the sequel at all.

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Alright, thank you for explaining it in more detail. I'll keep an eye out for these complaints as I play, though it's odd that you complain about less enemies with more health when other reviews have complained about it feeling like dynasty warriors with lots of crappy enemies that pose no challenges.

Spartanwarninja
03-20-2012, 12:02 AM
*Higher difficulty=more health. Instead of buffing A.I intelligence they increased grab and health to ridiculous levels or in NG2 term IS ninja levels.

and I meant less enemies when compared to NG2.

Edit-Reviewers don't play the NG series at it's highest difficulties and invest hundreds of hours into it. Whatever they say, I take with a grain of salt. Just take what is actually present in the game and make your own judgement.

Foxhound300
03-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Well that's exactly what I think about it too. I'm anticipating that most reviewers will play the game on normal, which so far only OXM seems to realize is a bad idea.