How long is this one compared to 2?

Onyxflamegod

I was just wondering if anyone knows how much time I can expect to be put into this game compared to Warriors Orochi 2, if anyone knows from the Japanese version. I'm kind of hoping it'll be about that much time or more that I end up having to invest in the game, but would like a definite answer if someone knows.

Well, the Orochi series has always been about the grind to some extent.

Just looking over the achievements, the 2 that have me slightly worried are "hold 100 banquets" and "earn over 900,000 crystals." I have no idea how easy it'll be to earn crystals, but this seems like it's going to be the long pole on the list, as it were.

Yeah, the 900K crystals and 100 banquets are not so bad. The only thing about the banquets is that until you get to the 4th chapter where you can hold 2-officer banquets, it gets more and more expensive on the other types of banquets as you hold them, so you have to manage spending for the longest time between banquets and buying/fusing weapons, because you will have to earn Level 4 weapons for all 132 officers as well as buy at least 1 mock weapon (only need to buy one for the achievement, not one for everyone).

The easiest way to earn crystals is to build up your Team Unison attack (the bar below the active character icon) and use it in a spot with a lot of enemies. Doing this on Normal or higher difficulty will give you a chance, not a guarantee, to earn some rare crystals to purchase the mock weapons, because they all have a requirement.

So what I'm gathering from these responses, and the achievement list, are that it's a lot of grinding like the previous two games, but grinding in different areas and things, which would make it longer than Wo2, but not as monotonous and horrible. That about sum it up?

Assuming that's the correct assumption, that sounds pretty nice actually.

That's the impression I get, but the guide I read also said there aren't as many different stages in this game which troubles me slightly. Then again, everyone played that one stage on WO2 over-and-over-and-over to get peoples' proficiency up high enough to unlock the last few dream stages. I'm guessing we'll end up playing a few stages to death to get everyone leveled up properly as well.

That notion is fairly accurate. However, it won't take nearly as long to max out a character's proficiency in WO3 compared to WO2. In 2, you could earn somewhere around 6-8 levels max in a good grind mission, but you'd have to do that 6 or 7 times to hit 50 for one character, and that's assuming you start the process with a high-powered weapon from having the character in your team during Hard/Chaos runs. In 3, you could probably have it done in 3 or 4 missions per character. In fact, not that it's related to any achievements or anything, but actual leveling, for me, takes longer this time around.

Also, It doesn't necessarily feel like there's as many stages in 3 compared to 2, which, given the amount of characters to unlock and the like, you'd think they would've gone berserk with missions. I could be wrong, as I didn't count the stages in 3. 2 had like, 40 + 28 Dream.

It also shouldn't be as time-consuming as WO2 to worry about difficulty achievements. In 2, there was the one for completing every mission on EVERY difficulty. In WO3, despite there being a good number of people that will re-do that for bragging rights, the only difficulty-related achievement that I can remember is for beating all missions on CHAOS.