PDA

View Full Version : WOW Ign review is out..

Zero619
03-19-2012, 07:16 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221032p1.html

REALLY :mad:

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 08:25 AM
who goes by what IGN has to say now days...

Zero619
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
who goes by what IGN has to say now days...

lol Im mad at how low it scored. It can't be that bad. a 3? come on im sure it could have gotten a 6 or 7 to be fair. Garbage no name games get a higher score then a 3. Thats like saying a big fuck you to the ninja gaiden fans.

DOPE BOI
03-19-2012, 10:07 AM
I early on in the game but I already feel like I'm playing Ninjas Blade instead of Gaiden.

Far too much QTE, the combos are uninspiring. I started on hard but had to scale back to normal. This was going to be my first time playing Ninja Gaiden on hard, but the way it handles made me feel awkward when trying to put combos together. I also cant get past the feeling that there should be woke limbs, and other body parts being severed during combat.

If you ar a fan, this game does not live up to the earlier games and I don't think its worth $65. Itagaki is laughing his but off at this game.

Dark Anaconda
03-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Fuck IGN ,Fuck peoples opinion ,fuck everything ok? goooood ,

I don`t give a shit about this bunch of noobs.

They don`t nothing NOTHING about NG ,they are just bunch of SoBs, nuff said.

GO!! GOOO!! and play the fucking game,put your 60 hours or whatever ,complete it with 1000G, and after that ,AFTER THAT!!! you are able to give an "opinion".

If you like the game ,its ok ,if you don`t like it ,its ok too ,but don`t "take" the opinion of other people because they said so.

This is nothing personal, i just have to rage this shit out to feel myself much better ,hope somebody undestand this ,don`t get me wrong ,but we have 2 Review topics here already,ALREADY.

Its like people care so much about the opinion of others ,that they are forgetting their own opinion, ignoring their own opinion, looking to much of the opinion of other people.

Such people doesn`t even deserve to play as Ryu Hayabusa ,because they are absolutely not badass enough for this.

This shit is making me sick.

Bunglist
03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Fuck IGN ,Fuck peoples opinion ,fuck everything ok? goooood ,

I don`t give a shit about this bunch of noobs.

They don`t nothing NOTHING about NG ,they are just bunch of SoBs, nuff said.

GO!! GOOO!! and play the fucking game,put your 60 hours or whatever ,complete it with 1000G, and after that ,AFTER THAT!!! you are able to give an "opinion".

If you like the game ,its ok ,if you don`t like it ,its ok too ,but don`t "take" the opinion of other people because they said so.

This shit is making me sick.

Pardon sir?

Dark Anaconda
03-19-2012, 10:21 AM
@Bunglist: yeah i know buddy what you want to say, but sometimes you just have to say things the way they have to be said.

Couldn`t hold this any longer inside my head ,but i am not sorry ,because i stay behind about this what i said.

But yeah i should fuck the calm down a little bit.

Devolon
03-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Well, since "horrific gameplay footage" is still the most viewed thread on this board, maybe it's just that the game is as bad as a lot of us anticipated. Would explain the lack of a playable demo.

quidyg
03-19-2012, 10:44 AM
from what i've heard this game is supposed to be a massive dissapointment. no decapitation, no weapon upgrades, only 1 weapon in the game, same bosses throughout. sound like a major step back tbh. might pick it up for a rent to see how it goes

Vigor
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
lol Im mad at how low it scored. It can't be that bad. a 3? come on im sure it could have gotten a 6 or 7 to be fair. Garbage no name games get a higher score then a 3. Thats like saying a big fuck you to the ninja gaiden fans.

Or maybe a big FU to the ones who created it.

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
just stupid reading reviews lol you dont know a game till at least you see it play it yourself and IGN are bunch of dicks anyway

cheevo360
03-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Well yes IGN can bunch stupid but have wait until play this first to find out and judge to agree or not from what IGN mention 30% lol

Shame is that one weapon and no progression. :(

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
one Weapon, so you not getting the scythe and claws then?

cheevo360
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
one Weapon, so you not getting the scythe and claws then?

I not sure but IGN said one weapon oh no lol

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 02:45 PM
IGN are idiots

KickedSpoon
03-19-2012, 03:48 PM
I dont see how OXM could give it an 8 and IGN could give it a 3. It really does seem like they are being assholes just to be assholes. OXM's review was more thorough anyway. Im just going to ignore those dicks at IGN and keep the faith.

L0cke89
03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
IGN are idiots

Two weapons, just the blade and bow. No upgrades. New combat system that is a joke, QTE Overload, same bosses used again and instead of a few hard enemies there are a shitload that you can button mash to death.

Horrible storyline (well, we had those in the last two games) but it just overloads you with cutscenes and seems to ruin the character of Ryu.

So a 3-4 seems about right. 5 is average and if this is under average (which the points lead to believe) then a 3 is right.

I'm still buying the game and maybe enjoy it, but only because I like trash. But if the combat system really is just button mashing then there is no excuse. I can live with everything else, but the combat system is the ONE key component in Ninja Gaiden you should never mess with.

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 03:52 PM
dont understand why people are getting so upset about IGN they are just usless no good for anything

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Something else you should keep in mind, Kickedspoon...well there's a few things.

1) OXM clearly played the game on the higher difficulties. IGN did not, which explains A LOT of their bile.

2) OXM isn't known for accurate reviews, and neither is IGN.

The game is coming out tomorrow and I don't even know why I'm bothering to read the reviews when I'm going to buy it anyway. This review especially sees rather pointless in many of its complaints simply because many of their gameplay criticisms are things that happened in Ninja Gaiden 2. Fighting hordes of identical enemies, fighting the same bosses 2 or 3 times.

TAI JASON
03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
The OXM give good scores for the greatest crap...

I dont need a review to see how much crap this game is!

- graphics (textures, effects, PS2 style)
- gameplay (no Ninja Gaiden 2 fight system, QTEs, camera)
- voice actors (lame)

Just watch the trailers, the gameplay footage...i mean everybody with clean eyes SEE what shit Team Ninja build up!

this is the review of a famous german game magazine and the results are the same: Crap, i mean look at this game!

Ninja Gaiden 3 - Test / Review für Playstation 3 und Xbox 360 (Gameplay) - YouTube

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Those graphics/textures aren't PS2 style, wtf are you on about. Also may I remind you that the story has always been crap, as has the camera.

So now we're down to the combat. The only QTEs that are worth complaining about are the climbing up the walls and I guess the ones after the boss fights, at least based on what we've seen so far. I keep telling you people that the QTEs for killing blows are as good as OTs.

Then there's "It's not Ninja Gaiden 2's mechanics." Well you know what else wasn't? Ninja Gaiden 1, which many people like more because you don't have the crutch of invincibility frames and instant kills on powerful enemies.

Gambitjuggalo
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM
you cant spell ignorant without IGN

Spike hostile17
03-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I got in on PS3 yesterday, and my first impression is "what a piece of garbage !", this is by far the worst NG I ever played.
The whole gameplay has vanished, there is no inventory, no chest, only one sword, the bow is completely ridiculous and comes with autoaim even on enemies you have not seen.
It's like the game has been made for 10 yo kid, just smash the buttons you are invincible during a combo. There is also one single ninpo that is BS : it kills anything surrounding you and heal yourself ... As the game was not easy enough, they implemented a ultimate attack when your arm glow red and you can warp behind enemies ; and finally you have QTE that are easier than the ones on FF 13-2 ..
I wont say a word about the story.

In the end, any NG fans will be shocked, if you have completed NG black and NG2 on the hardest difficulties, NG3 will seem like a bad joke. I can see the roadmap coming : 1000G difficulty : 1 maybe 2/10. I'm so pissed.

AgentOrange330
03-19-2012, 07:09 PM
What I find funny about the whole IGN thing is that for awhile they were just giving out 8's and 9's. Everyone went bat shit crazy because they said IGN didn't give anything but 8's and 9's. Now they give I Am Alive a 4.5 and Ninja Gaiden 3 a 3.0 and now everyone is going bat shit crazy because they're giving low scores.

Furthermore, who cares what number they assign it. Read the written review and try to base your opinion as to whether you're going to buy it or not based on that. If it is true that theres very little difference in enemies, only ONE weapon to use, the accuracy is terrible and the gameplay is lacking then I'd have to say it sounds to me this game doesn't live up to the Ninja Gaiden name. That being said, I wouldn't go risk $60 on a game thats getting ripped apart and would instead wait for a demo or a rental.

ImmortalArbiter
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
1) Reviews are just opinions, and you should NEVER put any stock into them.

2) This game really does look bad (and I did complete Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja)

Rune Ocarina
03-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Haha, I totally forgot IGN existed. It's been so many years since I've been there. Ever since Itagaki left I've been worried about the state of Team Ninja (especially after Metroid: Other M) but I'll probably get NG3 as my last judgement call to see if this new Team Ninja is even worth investing anymore. I have a feeling my wallet will regret this decision but it's one that I have to make.

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
especially after Metroid: Other M

Everything that was wrong with Other M was Nintendo's fault. All Team Ninja did was the gameplay.

Rune Ocarina
03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Everything that was wrong with Other M was Nintendo's fault. All Team Ninja did was the gameplay.

Guess I should have noted that in my comment. I didn't find the gameplay in Other M engaging and got really bored of it. But I'll avoid turning this into an Other M thread.

BIG L RETURNS
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
I got in on PS3 yesterday, and my first impression is "what a piece of garbage !", this is by far the worst NG I ever played.
The whole gameplay has vanished, there is no inventory, no chest, only one sword, the bow is completely ridiculous and comes with autoaim even on enemies you have not seen.
It's like the game has been made for 10 yo kid, just smash the buttons you are invincible during a combo. There is also one single ninpo that is BS : it kills anything surrounding you and heal yourself ... As the game was not easy enough, they implemented a ultimate attack when your arm glow red and you can warp behind enemies ; and finally you have QTE that are easier than the ones on FF 13-2 ..

In the end, any NG fans will be shocked, if you have completed NG black and NG2 on the hardest difficulties, NG3 will seem like a bad joke. I can see the roadmap coming : 1000G difficulty : 1 maybe 2/10. I'm so pissed.

I'd like you guys to take a look at this again. Since you all clearly can't stop talking about how terrible IGN is. This gamer clearly loves the Ninja Gaiden series and just pinpointed some good concepts about the game. The game is shit. Deal with it people. It's not for seasoned veterans. It's for 10 year olds, just like team ninja wanted. I'm going to buy it, but seriously let's face the facts that he just told us from his experience.

nateredish
03-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Look guys, I know reviews are subjective and I don't put much stock in them either. But ask yourself this, have you ever played a game that anybody gave a 3/10 and thought "this is a great game"? I'm not saying this game deserves a 3 or any score(I haven't played it), but its very apparently not as great as a NG should be. Games in a series are supposed to get better and FIX the problems of previous installments, not takes steps back. That's all I'm saying.

Foxhound300
03-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I think that at this point, both ways, it comes down to our own personal experiences. Everyone says "Ninja Gaiden fans will be shocked/disappointed." That's the buzz word/phrase that every review/person who has made comments about the game has said. And so, as Ninja Gaiden fans, the fact is that our individual experiences and expectations are going to be what makes us like or hate it.

But ask yourself this, have you ever played a game that anybody gave a 3/10 and thought "this is a great game"? I'm not saying this game deserves a 3 or any score(I haven't played it), but its very apparently not as great as a NG should be.

Depends on your definition of "anybody." Mass Effect 3 is getting 1s and 0s from hundreds of people. God Hand got a 3 from IGN and I thought it was a good time.

cheevo360
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
I kept look at video reviews and I agree now Ninja Gaiden 3 is one of worst games ever made. This 3rd series is now only achievements for me.

I loved 1st and 2nd series so oh well Temco seem like just play about and messy up for 3rd series and SING LALALALALALA!! let us making 3rd series of Ninja Gaiden into milky world.

I am laughing cos 3rd series is failed hehehehe.

I look forward this game for cheevos.

So people can understand why IGN meant now so do not attack on IGN because of it. I agree some of here said game is terrible and IGN is right also I look at video reviews and look at gameplay and graphics they are totally bad.

Anyway let hope Tecmo use their brain to make 4th series for Ninja Gaiden 4 turn be better and returns stuffs from 1st and 2nd series. Or even they can make biggest improvement in Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U (Wii U version will be come out launch day of Wii U). Or maybe they can do 2nd edition for xbox 360 and ps3 with biggest improvements or even update patches.

Rep
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Don't worry, it's just an IGN review.

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 10:51 PM
makes me laugh why people are getting so upset about this its only IGN they are the only ones given a low score...

give low score to anything other then COD so

cheevo360
03-19-2012, 10:57 PM
makes me laugh why people are getting so upset about this its only IGN they are the only ones given a low score...

give low score to anything other then COD so

Well IGN is right now from what I looked at videos and it look so bad so IGN is meant well and they review it very good. Don't take me wrong so we will see more when we play game this week.

jackofblades
03-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Well IGN is right now from what I looked at videos and it look so bad so IGN is meant well and they review it very good. Don't take me wrong so we will see more when we play game this week.

and how is looking at a video remotely like playing it?

Zero619
03-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Well we have less than a day to wait, well most of us XD. We will all have to wait and play to find out for ourselves how the game is. I'm a little shocked to read that a few people are canceling their pre orders based off of one review. You have to play it for yourself, how can someone let someone else decide what is best for them? Anyways Im excited either way, if it sucks oh well, easy cheevo points :)

ThaMyth
03-20-2012, 12:43 AM
cancelled it yesterday, and it pains me cause i had the collectors edition paid off. Im all about the old ninja gaiden style with multiple weapons and such, also im a fan of difficulty and not just getting by with just one button press. Im sure some will dig it who like a chilled action title but i was expecting more from a series known for being intense that i grew up loving since the NES. In a side note, there is an upcoming game from Tomonobu Itagaki (Lead shot caller on Ninja Gaiden series/Dead Or Alive) called "The Devils Third" from his new studio VALHALLA which does in fact look interesting... check it out -- http://youtu.be/EjqboXl4Fbk

HDresden
03-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Look guys, I know reviews are subjective and I don't put much stock in them either. But ask yourself this, have you ever played a game that anybody gave a 3/10 and thought "this is a great game"? I'm not saying this game deserves a 3 or any score(I haven't played it), but its very apparently not as great as a NG should be. Games in a series are supposed to get better and FIX the problems of previous installments, not takes steps back. That's all I'm saying..

unless its devil may cry 2. lol

BIG L RETURNS
03-20-2012, 02:03 AM
I just wanna give a shout out and say a big FUCK YOU Team Ninja. Lost the heart and soul of Ninja Gaiden along with Itagaki. R.I.P.

rc deaths agent
03-20-2012, 02:32 AM

I'd like you guys to take a look at this again. Since you all clearly can't stop talking about how terrible IGN is. This gamer clearly loves the Ninja Gaiden series and just pinpointed some good concepts about the game. The game is shit. Deal with it people. It's not for seasoned veterans. It's for 10 year olds, just like team ninja wanted. I'm going to buy it, but seriously let's face the facts that he just told us from his experience. I'm with ya here man. I know it's just ONE players experience but when i see "The whole gameplay has vanished" and "there is no inventory, no chest, only one sword, the bow is completely ridiculous and comes with autoaim even on enemies you have not seen." comming from someone who just played it it bothers me big time. These things along with no cool ot's and dismemberment just kills it for me.

I'm still gonna check it out but i'm renting it now. I was really looking forward to this game too....well, i was looking forward to NG3, not this.

Mei Ninja
03-20-2012, 03:09 AM
But ask yourself this, have you ever played a game that anybody gave a 3/10 and thought "this is a great game"?

IGN gave Deadly Premonition a 2, and I still stand by my opinion that it's one of the best games I've ever played. I loved every moment of it.

Honestly I think I'm one of the only people out there that really enjoys quick-time events and "easy" gameplay has never really bothered me either. Sure one weapon sounds kind of cheese, but I'm still willing to give the game a fair chance.

HDresden
03-20-2012, 04:18 AM
deadly premonition is a terrible game, however it does have a certain charm to it. from a reviewers standpoint though, its hard to argue when it gets a bad review. the gameplay isn't very good, controls are clunky, the graphics terrible, etc. however, like many films that are dubbed 'terrible', they find a cult following.

i did get a kick of the main character (can't remember his name) talking with his 'friend' zack about movies and dvd commentaries.

Mei Ninja
03-20-2012, 04:38 AM
deadly premonition is a terrible game, however it does have a certain charm to it. from a reviewers standpoint though, its hard to argue when it gets a bad review. the gameplay isn't very good, controls are clunky, the graphics terrible, etc. however, like many films that are dubbed 'terrible', they find a cult following.

Well that's your opinion. Like I said, I personally found the game to be great in that it had the elements of a classic survival horror game that a lot of more recent games have been severely lacking lately. I won't go into detail since this isn't a discussion about Deadly Premonition, but I'll just say that I have yet to recommend the game to anyone who didn't find it a completely awesome buy.

D347H0FL0V3
03-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Fuck IGN. This isn't the first time they've given a good game a shitty score and it won't be the last. I fucking love NG3 so far.

a7x4lyf3
03-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Got the game at the launch last night, enjoying every minute of it. Feel sorry for you people missing out because of a terrible review.

Exhausted Dad
03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Picking mine up this morning CE btw, I love NG so I know I'm going to like it. But thanks for the encouraging.

Devolon
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Well that's your opinion. Like I said, I personally found the game to be great in that it had the elements of a classic survival horror game that a lot of more recent games have been severely lacking lately. I won't go into detail since this isn't a discussion about Deadly Premonition, but I'll just say that I have yet to recommend the game to anyone who didn't find it a completely awesome buy.

:locked :drunk:woop::Bounce::locked

Rasp
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
IGN lost all credibility for me a long time ago. They could've given this game a 10 or a 1 and it doesn't matter to me. Gotta play the game and form your own opinion.

JiveT
03-21-2012, 12:32 AM
OK, people who are doubting the IGN review...they are letting the game off easy

its so boring and repetitive and stupid and lame and annoying and worthless it defies normal descriptive terms ability to represent the reality of its CRAP

ONE weapon, ONE ninpo, WAVE AFTER WAVE AFTER WAVE OF IDIOT FODDER ACCOMPANIED BY ANNOYING MORONS WHO SHOOT HOMING ROCKETS AT YOU

if you can sit through a single cut scene without wanting to gouge your eyes out and stick an icepick in your ears to stop the pain of the CRAP this game is tossing at you like a monkey on meth and ex-lax you are probably DEAD INSIDE

:(

I was hoping it would be a Ninja Blade clone at worst but it's so much less than Ninja Blade

BosmaniaK
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
a 3.0 is a little harsh maybe.
but I believe it when they say the NG fans are going to be dissapointed (other reviews also pointed this out).

and that just pisses me off. The developers sold out and gave their fans a big middlefinger just to appease to a bigger crowd.
I won't be buying this game full price like NG2. MAYBE a 2nd hand copy in half a year when I have no good games to play.

rapture23
03-22-2012, 02:37 AM
The closing comments make me think he is just pissed because Tomonobu Itagaki isn't involved. It kinda makes sense that he wouldn't want to encourage a ninja gaiden game without him. Especially when you think about the fact that he invented the series and made it what it is today. It really isn't as bad as he says though. On normal difficulty it is kind of a ninpo and ultimate technique fest. It is fun though. I can understand his point about the story interrupting the action though. He also says that it is as easy as it is uninteresting, apparently he played on either hero, or normal. It's easier then ninja gaiden 1 and 2 but it's still not that easy (on higher difficulties).

Dark Anaconda
03-23-2012, 10:43 PM
It breakes my heart as a Fan of NG to say this but IGN is almost right in every point about NG3...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221070p1.html

I am really sad... the only thing i can give NG3 a 10/10 is the music ,the main theme music is pretty awesome.

And yes i beat the game ,i am on my MN playtrough now..but i am not that excited like i was in NG Black or NG2...

Evo Kazz
03-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Anyone who takes ANY IGN review serious needs medication, those people are corp whores and dont know shit about gamers.

a7x4lyf3
03-23-2012, 11:20 PM
It breakes my heart as a Fan of NG to say this but IGN is almost right in every point about NG3...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221070p1.html

I am really sad... the only thing i can give NG3 a 10/10 is the music ,the main theme music is pretty awesome.

And yes i beat the game ,i am on my MN playtrough now..but i am not that excited like i was in NG Black or NG2... Master Ninja in this game is not even difficult, it just consist of constant grabbing you really can't do much about that takes away about half of your health every grab, it's not really taking any skill on this difficulty... You just gotta slide and jump around and hope you get lucky...

Cooljoe
03-24-2012, 10:50 PM
you cant spell ignorant without IGN

Or ignoramuses, And shall we say nonsignificant? They act like a bunch of dumb ass foreigners. lol see what I did there...