PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Which game to get.

Comon ST
08-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Well I got around $59.99 + Taxes ($49.99 in US I believe) and I was wondering which out of the following games, I should get.

Note: I do not want BioShock.

Note 2: Keep in mind the game has to be out before this Sunday...

To keep it fair, I voted for everything...

Shaaady Souljah
08-22-2007, 06:43 PM
forza will obviously give you the most hours of gameplay, before becoming too repetitive. (i think. i have not played it.) i would go with madden, but it really depends on what type of games you like most.

ThrillKillBill
08-22-2007, 06:44 PM
I choose other.......... mostly because I hate sports games and forza 2 is a headache waiting to happen.

try Two Worlds, thats my next game

Comon ST
08-22-2007, 06:48 PM
@ Shady: Ill play anything that I think if Good.

Keep in mind the game has to be out before this Sunday...

SegaSaturnSNK
08-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Bioshock, Two Worlds (if your into RPGS), and when it comes to football, I actually prefer All Pro Football over Madden. I had more fun with All Pro mainly because if your an achievement nut, it'll keep you busy unlike Madden, you can easily get a lot of achievement points easily and All Pro it sort of takes time but if your really good in the game then no problem. I found All Pro more realistic than Madden 08 also it's a much tougher game than Madden 08. That's my opinion though. If you can get either game cheap then get whatever is cheaper. Madden 08 isn't bad, it isn't my cup of tea.

Comon ST
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Bioshock, Two Worlds (if your into RPGS), and when it comes to football, I actually prefer All Pro Football over Madden. I had more fun with All Pro mainly because if your an achievement nut, it'll keep you busy unlike Madden, you can easily get a lot of achievement points easily and All Pro it sort of takes time but if your really good in the game then no problem. I found All Pro more realistic than Madden 08 also it's a much tougher game than Madden 08. That's my opinion though. If you can get either game cheap then get whatever is cheaper. Madden 08 isn't bad, it isn't my cup of tea.

Since you have played both, and I was going to get ether one, Which game has better features and customizing crap...

Exane22
08-22-2007, 06:56 PM
I choose other bc imo two worlds is going to rule all. You will get the most gameplay out (if you enjoyed OB). OB gave me a 1000 hours so im expecting around 400 or so from this.

Shaaady Souljah
08-22-2007, 06:58 PM
all pro is better for customizing and what not. and making your own teams and everything like that...
madden is better overall gameplay, passing, running, etc. and better graphics.
(but i only played all pro once. so i could be wrong about it.)

i am sure sega will disagree, so we may need some more opinions here. ;)

Wreckon Dracgon
08-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I would tell you to ignore all of those games... taking a quick look at your card what you need to do is go to EBgames or whatever the equivalent is in Canada where you can pick up used games for low prices.

Then you need to pick up

Hitman Blood Money
Condemned
Burnout Revenge
& Enchanted Arms

Now if you must play a new game wait until Friday when finally, finally, finally, Two Worlds will be available in mass release.

iskoot
08-22-2007, 07:07 PM
All Pro is by far better then Madden. I mean, I even have a Madden fanatic as a friend and he was sorely disappointed with 08, but he likes All Pro.

Comon ST
08-22-2007, 07:18 PM
So far, Im leaning towards all of this, for around $250.

64 MB Memory Card - $39
2800 Points Card - $39
Tiger Woods 08 - $64
Enchanted Arms - $19
Unknown Game - $59

And theres no talking me out of Tiger...

Krazie
08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
All Pro is by far better then Madden. I mean, I even have a Madden fanatic as a friend and he was sorely disappointed with 08, but he likes All Pro.

I was severely disappointed in All-Pro. It was a very disappointing attempt from 2K, and this is the most improved Madden on the next-gen systems. If you're going with Football, you gotta get Madden..

I'm gonna ignore Note #1 and tell you to get BIOSHOCK because its the game of the year :p

Vista
08-22-2007, 07:29 PM
So far, Im leaning towards all of this, for around $250.

64 MB Memory Card - $39
2800 Points Card - $39
Tiger Woods 08 - $64
Enchanted Arms - $19
Unknown Game - $59

And theres no talking me out of Tiger...

The unknown game should be Madden 08 for points but for a really good game I would wait for Stranglehold or get Shadowrun...

Comon ST
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Krazie, Just because your a Super Mod, and you did submit that highly amusing video of Daking, doesn't mean you get to Ignore my notes :D
Really, I want the game, but I can't let schooling slide, I most likely will rent it. Does Madden have a good Create a Player / Team system?

Blackvista, I have Shadowrun already.

matthewaburns
08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
I would tell you to ignore all of those games... taking a quick look at your card what you need to do is go to EBgames or whatever the equivalent is in Canada where you can pick up used games for low prices.

Then you need to pick up

Hitman Blood Money
Condemned
Burnout Revenge
& Enchanted Arms

Now if you must play a new game wait until Friday when finally, finally, finally, Two Worlds will be available in mass release.

I agree Wreckon there some good titles that you can pick up cheap. I would say you could get Hitman and Condemned for the price of that unkown game you want. You can get some pretty good playing time out of them. Boost your points a little too.

SegaSaturnSNK
08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
all pro is better for customizing and what not. and making your own teams and everything like that...
madden is better overall gameplay, passing, running, etc. and better graphics.
(but i only played all pro once. so i could be wrong about it.)

i am sure sega will disagree, so we may need some more opinions here. ;)

Yes, All Pro is way better when it comes to customizing and as for passing, running, and all that, yes Madden does better in that because ITS EASY! In All Pro, it isn't. As for graphics, yeah Madden def. wins in that department.

SRH KRONIC
08-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Well, I was gonna say Bioshock but...lol, I'd say Shadowrun if you don't already have, Forza2, R6V if you don't already have, and if you cant find anything else just wait a month... a lot of new awesome games are coming out.

infradude
08-23-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm gonna ignore Note #1 and tell you to get BIOSHOCK because its the game of the year :p

@ Krazie: Bioshock is not going to be game of the year, because Banjo Threeie is going to be realeased in 2007 instead of 2008, I wish.

@ Comon: If your not getting Bioshock based on the demo then get Bioshock. R6:V demo sucked and I think its a great game! (played it at a friends house) Also, Madden 08 is the way to go if your getting a football game. Best Madden in the franchise yet, and if anyone thinks otherwise.

Does Madden have a good Create a Player / Team system?

The system isnt amazing but its good, so yes to answer your question. Customize your stadium and all that. Fantasy Draft. All the goodies in a regular create a team. As for player, this time you can jack up your guy without doing the stupid mini games so I think its better.

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 12:36 AM
DONT get bioshock. i played it at a friends today and it SUCKED. i would get Dirt or Forza 2.

WRONG. Halo 3 will be.

Fenrir767
08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I would wait and get Stranglehold it comes out monday and looks amazing

Fonkey Monkey
08-23-2007, 12:45 AM
if your getting a football game all pro is better but madden is pretty damn good(surprisingly).
dirt shits on forza.
then of course there is bioshock.

veritas347
08-23-2007, 12:57 AM
i say madden but it depends on what you like

Maka
08-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Forza 2
Burnout: Revenge
and Rent Hitman: Blood Money
And Madden looks pretty good

The memory card isnt worth that much money, trust me. If you can get one for cheap than its worth it. Try eBay or used EB Games stuff.

But seriously, You should get BioShock :p

Cyrex
08-23-2007, 01:30 AM
i said forza because that is the best choice on your list. Due to the fact that you can't stand Bioshock then go for Forza

Jdm
08-23-2007, 02:13 AM
My pick would be for Forza, if you're into Racing and Madden, if you're into Football. I have All-Pro, along with Madden and Forza, but I'm not liking All-Pro that much. There are plenty of cool features in All-Pro, but I still prefer Madden's style. EA really stepped it up this year and it was about DAMN time!

Krazie
08-23-2007, 04:52 AM
WRONG. Halo 3 will be.

#1) Bioshock is the 2nd highest rated game OF ALL TIME. Just shortly behind Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time. An average rating of 96.6 through major magazines and websites is nothing to sneeze about. Yes, Halo 3 will be great, but I highly doubt it will get those type of numbers..

#2) Don't double post.

Comon ST
08-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Pff. What do you guys know. Game of the Year is obviously going to Bullet Witch :p

Right now, its a dead lock tie between Madden 08, and Forza... Though Madden is Edging out because no more gay Mini Camp Stats for C-A-P, which I hated.
But my question, do you have to do it for Superstar Mode?

duckydan
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I would take 2k8 if choosing a fotoball game otherwise go with Bioshock. Madden was a great fast 1000 points but as a game I was disappointed.

Justicezero
08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Bioshock, If you don't agree check out this thread..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36198

and/or play the demo...it's amazing.

Comon ST
08-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I want to know, why people don't understand "I don't want Bioshock."

Read the posts before yours, before your post your opinion. Bioshock has been mentioned lots, and I kept on saying that I dont want it.

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Well since Bioshock is out for some reason, you should just rent those two football games on your list. Games you should be looking at for sheer awesome factor are...

Condemned
The Darkness
Overlord

ZKRefleX
08-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Ive had bad experiences with 2k football games so I would suggest Madden 08. That is unless you have Madden 07, which 08 is only slightly different from, in that case definitely go with Forza.

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 09:05 PM
#1) Bioshock is the 2nd highest rated game OF ALL TIME. Just shortly behind Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time. An average rating of 96.6 through major magazines and websites is nothing to sneeze about. Yes, Halo 3 will be great, but I highly doubt it will get those type of numbers..

#2) Don't double post.

#1) i didnt double post. 2 mins later isent double post.
#2) Halo 3 has already outsold bioshock and anyother game for 360 and its not even out yet! bioshock will never sell more then halo and it will never be better. come on halo 3 has the best online ever and the best story ever. its even better then gears.

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-23-2007, 09:21 PM
How did Halo 3 get brought up into this thread if it's not out yet?? So sick of Halo fanboys. But on topic Krazie is right Bioshock is top-notch (played on my kid's account so as not to ruin my percentage lol) The story in Bioshock is guaranteed to BLOW AWAY the story in Halo 3. Just look at that weak sauce that is Halo 2. The option "Other" on this poll should be replaced with Bioshock. It's too bad the topic creator doesn't want to play it, his loss.

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 09:38 PM
he doesnt want it cuz he nows it a waste of money just like me.

deathbypig37x
08-23-2007, 09:41 PM
I'd say Madden 08. Why? Because it has to be out now, and it can't be Bioshock. That pretty much puts my vote on Madden. I mean easy 1000, and very fun game. I mean what games do usually play when you go to a friend's house? Well, for me it's just Halo or Madden. And that's it.:p

yoyojovan
08-24-2007, 03:00 AM
madden 08 son!!!!!

Comon ST
08-24-2007, 11:46 AM
JoeHacker, just because I am sorta against Bioshock, Ill its going to get from me, at least a rental. And Im not jumping onto the Halo 3 bandwagon ether when it comes out. Im waiting till December to actually get the game. Sure I know Ill play it at a friends house, but I would rather do that than buy it. And now after some recent events, Im getting Forza 2 off of my friend for cheap. It looks like Ill be going for Madden 08, because of the lack of support for APF 2K8. For the people who said Condemened, Burnout Revenge and I believe there was something else, my friends all have them and I can borrow them.

So lets see.... Now I have to figure out what to get with those 2 games...

EDIT: To the group of a few people who said I should get Two Worlds. While this game looks AMAZING, and I WANT IT, Im not 100% sure if Im going to get it because of Schooling. Oblivion messed up my school year because it was so damn good. :p

Graham31004
08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I choose other bc imo two worlds is going to rule all. You will get the most gameplay out (if you enjoyed OB). OB gave me a 1000 hours so im expecting around 400 or so from this.

Not to derail this thread but you spent 1,000 hours on Oblivion?!?!?!

I think I got the full 1000 after about 60 hours. I can't imagine playing that long.

angry
08-24-2007, 01:40 PM
I would have to say Other. As i would go for Two Worlds.

yoyojovan
08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
JoeHacker, just because I am sorta against Bioshock, Ill its going to get from me, at least a rental. And Im not jumping onto the Halo 3 bandwagon ether when it comes out. Im waiting till December to actually get the game. Sure I know Ill play it at a friends house, but I would rather do that than buy it. And now after some recent events, Im getting Forza 2 off of my friend for cheap. It looks like Ill be going for Madden 08, because of the lack of support for APF 2K8. For the people who said Condemened, Burnout Revenge and I believe there was something else, my friends all have them and I can borrow them.

So lets see.... Now I have to figure out what to get with those 2 games...

EDIT: To the group of a few people who said I should get Two Worlds. While this game looks AMAZING, and I WANT IT, Im not 100% sure if Im going to get it because of Schooling. Oblivion messed up my school year because it was so damn good. :p

good choice dude madden 08 is balla!!!!!