PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden 3 gets 3/10

lid
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Ninja Gaiden 3 gets 3/10. I think we Pretty much all knew it would fail, and im personally glad the dumbass developers got what they deserved, they repeatedly bashed the xbox 360 version, completely dumbed down the game and then for the shit-cherry on top threw in an online pass.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221032p1.html

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Reviews are bullshit. Mass effect 3 got 0/10 yet its the best game ive ever played and was a massive success. ( apart from the last 20 mins )

lid
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Reviews are bullshit. Mass effect 3 got 0/10 yet its the best game ive ever played and was a massive success. ( apart from the last 20 mins )

...uhh.

okay

Crimson Ridley
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM

From who? A guy with a dodgy "1" key?

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
You will find any review you read now is completely unfair. Its their opinion on the game rather than it being form a neutral perspective. It probably is worse then number 2 by the looks of things but never a 3/10 more like 6/7. Always make the decision your self rather than listen to others. Everyone has different opinion. Just common sense.

Spanish Assault
03-19-2012, 11:25 PM

Post a link or you're a dumb ass....FYI it got 9.5 from IGN LINK (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14235014.html)

This made me laugh.

OT: Wow....3/10 is horrible....I didn't enjoy 2 either....and MP....really?!?!

Gackt
03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
They don't deserve to keep making Ninja Gaiden or Dead or Alive games without Tomonobu Itagaki.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Post a link or you're a dumb ass....FYI it got 9.5 from IGN LINK (http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14235014.html)

This made me laugh.

OT: Wow....3/10 is horrible....I didn't enjoy 2 either....and MP....really?!?!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3

Users scores is what i mean....

And the "1 key" makes no sense.

Oh and FYI all the cods get in the 9's so did gta iv. Thats defo right.

ChickinOnaChain
03-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Reviews are bullshit.
Mostly this, which is why MY review is the only one that counts to me.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-19-2012, 11:47 PM

Exactly. How do you no this game is a fail OT have you played it?

Arenazombie
03-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Don't act like anybody is thinking reviews are always on the spot but if a game gets such a low rating you should at least become suspicious and hold off of a day1 buy and check some other opinions.

Dexter010
03-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Is it april 1st? 3/10 xD

Crimson Ridley
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
[url]

I'll assist you; Mass Effect 3 is brilliant and the only way it could receive a 0/10 is if the reviewer has a dodgy "1" key that caused his key press to fail so that 10/10 turns in to 0/10. I didn't think I'd have to explain myself, but there you go...

If you have any more trouble, please speak to my assistant.

DarkReign2021
03-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Critic reviews are obviously just another opinion piece, but an overall aggregated score is typically a decent indicator of what games you should pay attention to. I tend to find games between the 6-8 range are the hit or miss titles.

That said, if NG3 got a 3/10 and that kind of review is persistent, it's probably not even worth acknowledging.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I'll assist you; Mass Effect 3 is brilliant and the only way it could receive a 0/10 is if the reviewer has a dodgy "1" key that caused his key press to fail so that 10/10 turns in to 0/10. I didn't think I'd have to explain myself, but there you go...

"This game is shit". 0/10 Must have missed the 1. my bad

tehapoc
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Ninja Gaiden 2 was pretty shitty. Not surprising that this got a poor review as well.

Wildmn34
03-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Reviews are like assholes, everyone has one but I really don't care about others.

If I like a game I like it, if I don't I don't. It doesn't matter if some keyboard jockey likes it, or not.

Crimson Ridley
03-20-2012, 12:15 AM
"This game is shit". 0/10 Must have missed the 1. my bad

*Sighs*... Forget it.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Reviews are like assholes, everyone has one but I really don't care about others.

If I like a game I like it, if I don't I don't. It doesn't matter if some keyboard jockey likes it, or not.

Very good way of putting it :p

Dz06lt
03-20-2012, 12:29 AM
its not only IGN who is giving the game mediocre scores guys/gals. So im guessing IGN's review is NOT a fluke

Rasp
03-20-2012, 12:30 AM
It's already been said but the only review that counts and or matters to me is the one I've come to conclusion on after playing the game for 10+ hours.

PhantomNemesis
03-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Reviews are becoming incredibly biased nowadays, in fact review embargoes are put in place that prevent anyone who doesn't give a review of 90%+ from being released prior to the release date. IGN could be stepping on some toes with releasing this a few hours ahead of schedule, but that doesn't redeem them from some of the biased and pretentious BS that site has spewed in the past.

In regards to reviews themselves, I've tended to stop reading them altogether. Along with the potential spoilers, however minor, that can be dropped in them, a lot of the time this is from someone who I don't know well enough to gauge. The IGN review of Warhammer 40K: Space Marine was from someone who clearly didn't know much about the franchise, and from reading it I couldn't get enough information as to whether it was any good or not because the reviewer clearly was apathetic to it all.

Don't bother with user-reviews, and don't bother with Metacritic either. Those negative reviews for ME3 are likely those disappointed in the ending vocalising their opinions where its likely to have more of an effect. There is no way that ME3 deserves 3.4, is there? The same happened with MW3 where a lot of users who misliked the franchise lowered the user score to around 1.5, it just shows clear bias.

Metacritic itself is abhorrent, if you remember the article last week about Obsidian and laying off staff, you can see that Metacritic has a negative affect on the industry. It weights the review scores in an unreasonable format that gives some reviewers bias over another, and that can have quite and affect when a company is required to get a certain Metacritic rating. Obsidian was stupid for accepting the contract, but that doesn't make it an ok practice.

Chaosx721
03-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Reviews should come from people you trust or have the same taste in games as you do. Like for me, all the guys at Giantbomb.com have the same taste in games as I do and I trust their judgement on games. If I see them give a game high praise on their site or podcast that I wasn't sure of or never heard of I will check it out. But I will never blindly buy a game purely on what kind of score it gets. Maybe its overall score on metacritic, but I always make sure that I know I'm going to enjoy the game before I buy it.

Spanish Assault
03-20-2012, 01:07 AM

Oh and FYI all the cods get in the 9's so did gta iv. Thats defo right.

I could care less what users rate it.....users who love the game are too busy playing the game then to go rage on a game they dont like cause you can't camp in it and shoot people as they run by.

AvengingCactus7
03-20-2012, 01:10 AM
I don't really play video games that often so all I have on my tag are mainstream titles. I'll look into reviews and see what is being hyped a ton, and then I'll go rent it. If I like it, I'll buy it.

I also rarely trust anything that can involve random, anonymous people on the Internet reviewing something, especially if there's not a log in required. Random, anonymous people on the Internet are all dip shits. The Internet is full of people who act like their entire lives are those of a politician defending their party. Everyone on the other side is a failure, and everything they do is winning.

Tiger blood.

I H8ME I Santos
03-20-2012, 01:11 AM
I usually go to multiple sites like IGN, XBM, GameTrailer, GameInformer to read what their opinion is on a game. I usually buy games out of random by going to gamestop and looking at everything for about an hour and rate it after a while of playing it. The whole rating system is a joke but some rely on it to see if they will choose to buy the game or not.

In this case I was a fan of the Ninja Gaiden on the super nintendo but wasn't very fond of Ninja Gaiden 2 and the only game I will be playing as Ryu is going to be Warriors Orochi 3.

DecadentBeaver
03-20-2012, 01:58 AM
I never bother with reviews, and have not for years. A couple of mates have a similar taste, so we recommend games for each other. Anyone remember Two Worlds? That got slated for being a pile of crap. Well, its my pile of crap. Far from the epic RPG Oblivion is. But I love it. Just bought it again as it was cheap. On the flip side, Dragon Age is a game loads of people love. Me? I loathe it. Bioware are hit and miss for me as a Developer, love Mass Effect, dislike Dragon Age. I'm just weird I guess. But the point is, judge the game yourself, and don't be a sheep to these biased fraggles who think their shit is chocolate and that you should listen to them.

Wildmn34
03-20-2012, 02:07 AM
But the point is, judge the game yourself, and don't be a sheep to these biased fraggles who think their shit is chocolate and that you should listen to them.

The truth you do speak my friend. :drunk

Spade.
03-20-2012, 02:27 AM
3/10 ouch. :(

I love NG Black, but this is just horrible.

ChickinOnaChain
03-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Ninja Gaiden 2 was pretty shitty. Not surprising that this got a poor review as well.
"Pretty shitty" as in harder than HELL? I liked the game but I yelled at the TV so much, my wife got on her PC to find hint and help sites.

tehapoc
03-20-2012, 03:11 AM
"Pretty shitty" as in harder than HELL? I liked the game but I yelled at the TV so much, my wife got on her PC to find hint and help sites.

Was fighting the worm boss and ended up glitching off the map. Haven't played a minute of it since.

hydrosugar
03-20-2012, 10:29 AM
You can harp on all you want about how irrelevant reviews are, or how IGN sucks. If it got 3/10 from a major gaming website, chances are the game is complete shit.

It's a shame too.

Spanish Assault
03-20-2012, 01:19 PM
You can harp on all you want about how irrelevant reviews are, or how IGN sucks. If it got 3/10 from a major gaming website, chances are the game is complete shit.

It's a shame too.
agreed. I have yet to play a game that I loved, but got HORRIBLE reviews...I've played some average games (5/10) that I liked...but usually IGN is spot on.

unbrokenatreyu
03-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I didnt think it was great but not 3/10 bad

bigbear2face
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
*Sighs*... Forget it.

It's OK Callum, Inferno rode the "special" bus to school. With a helmet on. And elbow pads.

ExtremeRugburn
03-21-2012, 09:33 PM

I loved your initial post, but this about killed me. By the way, how do we get ahold of your assistant? You neglected to provide any contact info...

Spanish Assault
03-21-2012, 09:52 PM
It's OK Callum, Inferno rode the "special" bus to school. With a helmet on. And elbow pads.

This is too much....laughing so hard.

Kairi
03-22-2012, 03:05 AM
I couldn't agree anymore with that bolded statement! I used to listen to reviews when I was little, but now I don't listen to reviews at all. They have rated games I love terrible scores, and games that I dislike high scores. I buy games based on my own interest in them whether reviews give them good scores or not.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I couldn't agree anymore with that bolded statement! I used to listen to reviews when I was little, but now I don't listen to reviews at all. They have rated games I love terrible scores, and games that I dislike high scores. I buy games based on my own interest in them whether reviews give them good scores or not.

This is what everyone should do. Dont see u the point in listening to reveiws.

Skilled
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Reviews are bullshit.

So if every review gives a game 3/10 your still buying it no questions asked? Not to say some aren't stupidly scored, like I disagree with the next Call Of Duty getting 9+, yea we all know it will happen. But when everyone says the same thing you'll have a second thought.

Metabolic XBA
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't normally pay that much atention to reviews but I will do a quick check on scores from the bigger sites before I go commit $60 to a game and if they are this low I will take more caution before laying out my money. I have to admit the scores for NG3 and RE:ORC stopped me from buying either game yesterday.

The guy who gave ME3 a 0/10 based that on the last 10 minutes of the game, must have lost him dummy that day. Having a meh ending doesn't take away from the experience of the game itself imo.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-22-2012, 02:14 PM
So if every review gives a game 3/10 your still buying it no questions asked? Not to say some aren't stupidly scored, like I disagree with the next Call Of Duty getting 9+, yea we all know it will happen. But when everyone says the same thing you'll have a second thought.

If thats the case ill ask for opinions of different people or a friend or maybe rent it.

Just annoys me when people see someone give a game 4/10 and its then automatically terrible..

Cod every year scores very high but to me there pretty shite. But its gunna score high because its cod.

When dark sector was released it was given 7-7.5. But to me its was in the 9's other people hated it and thought it should of had 4-5. Its just personal opinion.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-22-2012, 02:15 PM

Dont forget the knee pads.

bigbear2face
03-22-2012, 04:19 PM
Dont forget the knee pads.

ROFL. Nice to see your sense of humor.

OT: The thing about reviews/reviews is that you have to find people that you "trust". Find specific sites/publications and specific people within those organizations that have similar tastes/viewpoints as you do. Pay attention to those people and not random "critics".

Example: There is one reviewer for GameInformer (not going to say who) that I always agree with about games. So if he gives a game a good or bad score I pay attention. Other then that I take all the other reviews with a grain of salt. Especially since GameInformer tends to over-grade games to help drive sales at their parent company (GameStop). By the way if GameInformer gives anything lower then a 6 you know its a terrible game because of their relationship with GameStop.

13ip0lar
03-22-2012, 04:25 PM
He is.

He's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

crusin
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
I DONT pay attention to the ratings the critics or magazines say i like to make my own mind up on how good a game is

daveyboy 445
03-22-2012, 04:58 PM
a review isn't meant to be taken on its own......its meant to be compared with a number of others with a view to helping you decide on how close you want to get to a game. The ultimate decision is still yours though

Opiate42
03-22-2012, 07:40 PM
This whole thread makes me laugh.

TerminalHate
03-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Exactly. How do you no this game is a fail OT have you played it?

Obviously you who says ME3 is good haven't played it ^_^

FFFreak1129
03-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Wow thats pretty bad. I don't pay attention to reviews all that much but I do like watching video reviews. It gives me an idea of how the game will play and all that.

CORPSE THROWER
03-26-2012, 06:03 AM
I guess the change was for the worse.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Obviously you who says ME3 is good haven't played it ^_^

Me3 the best game ive played since ffx. As for ng3 its pretty good id give it.7/10 maybe 6. Not as good as 2 its had alot cut from it

Akuza
03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
reviews mean squat to be honest.

the only person who can decide how good the game is, is you.

if you rely on reviews, maybe you shouldn't be gaming and just sit and watch films ?

at the end of the day, we know how hard ninja gaiden is anyway, people moan about it, which is probably why the idiotic reviewer couldn't give it a decent score.

ShinraTensei
03-26-2012, 10:28 PM
i for one disagree about the review on ninja gaiden 3 as it is probably my favourite one so far out of all of them and i know a few of my friends agree that it is a amazing game.

SnakeSTD
03-27-2012, 02:25 AM
The game is pretty bad. And pretty hard, no surprised there.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Its going to be hard of course. The ng series is probably the hardest there is.

hydrosugar
03-27-2012, 10:55 AM
i for one disagree about the review on ninja gaiden 3 as it is probably my favourite one so far out of all of them and i know a few of my friends agree that it is a amazing game.

That might be because it's easier.

Mercury
03-28-2012, 07:41 AM
That might be because it's easier.

YAY! Finally back on topic. I'm a huge fan of the NG series, wasn't surprised to find out this got such low scores. QTE's, no dismembering, easy difficulty... I was already not looking forward to this installment. I'll probably buy it though, when the price drops to like 10 bucks on Gamefly.

TacticalTodger
03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Reviews are more guidelines, everybody's opinions of a game is going to differ, I mean look at Duke Nukem Forever, Pretty much got slated everywhere but if you ever played it you'd find they were pretty harsh on it.

GrimSovereignty
03-28-2012, 12:07 PM
to be honest the only reviews I read are those in my GameInformer and that's just because I don't like to only read part of a magazine and even then I take those with a grain of salt...always prefer to just try a game myself instead.

Fire Hawk D
03-28-2012, 12:37 PM

I've never believed this more until this week. In the last week I played Create and Captain America: Super Soldier, two games I heard were fairly mediocre, and Terminator Salvation, which I've heard nothing but abysmal things about. All three were actually pretty good and I enjoyed them all.

But, I've always taken reviews with a grain of salt. After all, it is indeed the reviewer's opinion.

AltruismIsDead
03-29-2012, 01:26 AM
I just finished NG3 and thought it was pretty decent, compared to the others in the series there are some cons and pros, but overall I found it more enjoyable because of the lack of annoying as hell backtracking.

Then thought the lack of upgrading weapons sort of sucked, but in the others it never felt like upgrading your weapons really helped much. Haven't played the MP of it aside from some co-op missions (just single player though)

Basically I rarely listen to gaming sites/magazine reviews, normally I talk to personal friends or friends on XBL whom have similar taste in games.

Same with Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, got a 4/10 from a person I would call a dumb c*** at IGN, but then I thought "hey, that's her opinion, and my opinion of her being a dumb c***"

Sure some aspects of the game are terrible that I could agree with, terrible AI, a lot of forgettable stages, but IMO Mass Effect has some of the same faults but it doesn't make it a terrible game.

Regardless I guess my ranting comes down to if you ENJOY a game, it doesn't matter if the story, gameplay, graphics, AI, music, sound actors etc etc suck ass, as long as you enjoy and have fun playing whatever game it is that's all that should matter.

I just wish that more reviews could somehow focus on that instead of biasness.

KFZ Scrubs
03-29-2012, 02:21 AM
I heard it was more like dynasty warriors than Ninja Gaiden

SnakeSTD
03-29-2012, 04:15 AM

I didn't like Dynasty Warriors either.

Kl1n3
03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I am a long time fan of Ninja Gaiden (next gen games, xbox+). I've done many a Master Ninja Boss Guide for you tube and have put 100's of hours+ into the different games. The series has always had a rough following, If not the camera or the difficulty... there is always something ppl rave about. This game kinda needs two ratings, and honestly it pisses me off what the new leadership/director at Team ninja have done to the long time fans who have always come to see Ninja Gaiden as the TOP of the skill based 3rd person action games...no punches pulled, no gimmes. As a part of its fan base...the 3/10 is well deserved. If only because they gutted the game and added training wheels. If I had never played one, I believe a 5/10 is about right. It is a action game, but lacks any real depth beyond the "one" weapons combo system. It seems Itagaki was the brain and he took (all the guys/gals who left w/him) the backbone and heart w/him to Valhalla Studios. It's a shame.

mrozzzy
03-29-2012, 09:59 PM
I am a long time fan of Ninja Gaiden (next gen games, xbox+). I've done many a Master Ninja Boss Guide for you tube and have put 100's of hours+ into the different games. The series has always had a rough following, If not the camera or the difficulty... there is always something ppl rave about. This game kinda needs two ratings, and honestly it pisses me off what the new leadership/director at Team ninja have done to the long time fans who have always come to see Ninja Gaiden as the TOP of the skill based 3rd person action games...no punches pulled, no gimmes. As a part of its fan base...the 3/10 is well deserved. If only because they gutted the game and added training wheels. If I had never played one, I believe a 5/10 is about right. It is a action game, but lacks any real depth beyond the "one" weapons combo system. It seems Itagaki was the brain and he took (all the guys/gals who left w/him) the backbone and heart w/him to Valhalla Studios. It's a shame.

Boom. Spot on. This game is utter shit. There's another thread which CyberEvil lists a handful of design errors with the game that severely hamper game play (especially at harder difficulties). 3/10 is very deserving of this pile.

Oh, and Ultimate Ninja 01 is near impossible. Due to the "awesome" netcode of this game, you're lucky if 10% of your hits on Genshin actually register. Such shit...

Exhausted Dad
03-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Your the man Alt, and I'm glad to hear you liked it as well. I got the CE (which I'm sure you bought as well) and really love my Ryu statue, but have not got around to playing it yet. I was kinda waiting on the DLC weapons.
Someone said this before on this thread that if you want to follow a review you need to find a reviewer that shares the same taste as you. For ex. I have always been right on par with a reviewer at Planet xbox360, and I know if he gives a game a good rating I'm probably going to like it as well.

Devolon
03-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Opinions, opinions... All I know is that I hate this game and I regret buying it.

The only remarkable things about NG3 are that it features one of the least enjoyable gameplay mechanics ever created (kunai climbing, I mean WTF is this shit?!) and one of the worst battle engines I ever experienced (I genuinely can't think of a beat'em all more full of shit than NG3, and I played some seriously flawed ones).

Strid
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM

Don't say that! Like them or not, the Musou games are actual good games worthy of at least a little respect. What's funny though, Ryu is in Warriors Orochi 3, that released a day or two back, and he's better there than in Ninja Gaiden 3. To me, until Devil's Third, playing him in Orochi 3 is the better Ninja Gaiden this time around.

NG3 is nothing more than any other modern beat-um-up made anymore to please a crowd who don't want them (by majority) to begin with.

KH308
03-30-2012, 04:01 PM
I hate this game too and regret buying it. I can't be bothered to complete it on master ninja anymore I'm probably gonna sell it and get dmc hd collection. There are only two things which I like in NG3, the bow and the slide, I think those are quite good. Other than that, I hate almost everything about ng3. What a waste considering how great NG1 and NG2. :(

Dark Anaconda
03-30-2012, 06:58 PM
NG3 Music is awesome ,fucking awesome soundtracks and battle themes.
I could say the music its much better than in the previous games.

Music +1 Point 4/10 and the Coop Trial Missions are also very fun so +1 Point again = 5/10 but it would have been better if we had the opportunity to play also with Hero Characters in the trials like Ryu,Ayane..etc.

But the fucking lags and technical issues are annoying as hell ,fucking hell ,what did they done.

Neophoenix78
03-31-2012, 02:52 PM

Um The Titanic was a massive success.. Well apart from the last 20 minutes as well.

On a serious note look at the differences between NG1 and NG2. NG2 was more forgiving in the health department. But it was still challenging. NG1 you could use different weapons via a switch out. NG2 you had to go to the menu. NG3 I heard you get one weapon. It is just the natural progression of games in this era. Games are being made for a wider base. Difficulty is generally the first thing to go. And sadly it is not the last. Back to Bioware. Look at DA:O and ME1. Both of those games are RPGs. DA2 was more hack and slash with RPG aspects and ME2 started to lose a bit of its RPG elements. Look at ME3. Less dialog. Less RPG. Less endings that make sense and are not bits and pieces of garbage piled together. That is what happens when you appease the masses. Today's games are ruled by "Ricky Bobby" mentality. It is either I want to kill fast or I want to play fast.

Devolon
03-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Um The Titanic was a massive success.. Well apart from the last 20 minutes as well.

On a serious note look at the differences between NG1 and NG2. NG2 was more forgiving in the health department. But it was still challenging. NG1 you could use different weapons via a switch out. NG2 you had to go to the menu. NG3 I heard you get one weapon. It is just the natural progression of games in this era. Games are being made for a wider base. Difficulty is generally the first thing to go. And sadly it is not the last. Back to Bioware. Look at DA:O and ME1. Both of those games are RPGs. DA2 was more hack and slash with RPG aspects and ME2 started to lose a bit of its RPG elements. Look at ME3. Less dialog. Less RPG. Less endings that make sense and are not bits and pieces of garbage piled together. That is what happens when you appease the masses. Today's games are ruled by "Ricky Bobby" mentality. It is either I want to kill fast or I want to play fast.

About difficulty, depends - NG3 is much easier than NG1+2 until you hit MN and UN, time will tell but I'm sure that in the end very few people will manage to get 100% of the achievements in this game compared to NG2.

The difficulty didn't go, it's much worse than you think: difficulty is still here if you're looking for it, but depth, balance and polish are gone. A lot of people complained that NG2 was unbalanced on the hardest difficulty... I hope that after playing NG3 they'll realize that NG2 did a lot of things right.

And mass effect is not a good comparison IMO - you can disagree with what Bioware has done with the franchise (I haven't played ME3), but ME2 is a very solid game. I don't hate NG3 because it's a poor sequel (even tough it is): I hate it because it's a bad game I didn't enjoy playing.

ajennice
04-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Only thing this game ( and the new resident evil) are good for is catching on fire and keeping your hands warm for about 2 minutes.

NO prior NG feel to it.... More like Ninja Blade than a NG game

Neophoenix78
04-01-2012, 04:59 AM
And mass effect is not a good comparison IMO - you can disagree with what Bioware has done with the franchise (I haven't played ME3), but ME2 is a very solid game. I don't hate NG3 because it's a poor sequel (even tough it is): I hate it because it's a bad game I didn't enjoy playing.

It was a comparison on how the first games in both series differ so much from the 3rd in that series. ME1 RPG with shooter aspects. ME3 Shooter with RPG aspects.

Look at Resident Evil games. Before you had to go through the entire game in one story arc. In RE5 you can use chapter select. Abundance of ammo. Changes from survival horror to action horror from beginning to end of series.

Just pointing out how most major titles are getting this cruise control aspect of gameplay. If you dumb down the game then there will be a broader base to purchase said title.

Just the way the industry is going. Oh you have too much inventory in a game. Well we will not make a system that actually makes sense to handle your inventory. We will just take that option away from you. Both ME2 and DA2 did this.