PDA

View Full Version : Achievements MIA - May want to hold off playing just yet... [Update: Fixed!]

The Pants Party
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
UPDATE!

Achievements are fixed as of 03/21/12 - feel free to play the DLC!

WARNING!

You may not want to play the content yet until the achievements are on xbox.com! They will not actually add to your score if you unlock them right now, and you'll need to recover your profile and redo them later. Feel free to download the content, just hold off actually unlocking any achievements. Hopefully they will be posted today. :/

These are the achievements, by the way:
Message in a Bottle 25
Locate all eight message bottles in Gallow's End.

Keep on Rising 50
Fully restore Gravehal Keep.

Exterminator 25
Kill 50 Scavs.

SECRET ACHIEVEMENT

SECRET ACHIEVEMENT

romanzad
03-20-2012, 11:05 AM
WARNING!

You may not want to play the content yet until the achievements are on xbox.com! They will not actually add to your score if you unlock them right now, and you'll need to recover your profile and redo them later. Feel free to download the content, just hold off actually unlocking any achievements. Hopefully they will be posted today. :/

yeah I thought this.. thanks for the heads up!

hope this gets sorted soon... will have to play Saints Row the Third DLC till then

Jumbso
03-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Are we sure we're actually getting achievements?

romanzad
03-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Are we sure we're actually getting achievements?

has been confirmed by members that have already downloaded the content

Jumbso
03-20-2012, 11:13 AM
ahh ok, cool :) downloading now!

The Pants Party
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Added what the achievements are to the first post, but they're still not on xbox.com!

three15
03-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they hurry up and fix it but remembering the Godfather DLC it took weeks for them to show up on Xbox.com.

H0p3sfalL
03-20-2012, 11:43 AM
OMG really!........ I hate when MS does this.

three15
03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Yep, i never got them in the end, gave up waiting and didn't want to do a Gamertag recovery because i have a big score and it could take a good long while.

No one has mentioned this on the Amular forum as of yet from what i could see. It's a popular game though so people will be shouting about it soon enough.

KeepEmRolling
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Well, I'm really glad i got on here to get some idea of what the achievements are before I started playing this. Thanks for the heads up.

BloodGodAlucard
03-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the warning. I was trying to decide whether to play the new DLC or Ninja Gaiden 3 first. Looks like I'll be enjoying some shinobi slaughter. :uzi:

romanzad
03-20-2012, 01:59 PM
this is putting me off downloading this at the moment. hope it updates soon

Phantom-Phive
03-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Same thing happened with the Treasures Of The Sun DLC for Dungeon Siege 3. Best way to rectify this is to make a post on the official xbox.com forums
Under techinical support and stay proactive on it. I was able to get it fixed for the DS3 DLC in about a week.

stefb42
03-20-2012, 02:23 PM
this is putting me off downloading this at the moment. hope it updates soon

same here,i keep checking xbox.com to see if they've been added but nothing yet,just hope they're added before i'm enticed to buy something else

Hansathan
03-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll download it after work but hold off until they're posted. Guess I'll keep chipping away at ME3 Insanity in the mean time. Shame, I was hoping for a return to Amalur today.

DragonessAthena
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Bleh.. I hope it updates later on today. I noticed the same thing happened with The Gunstringer last week.

alanp9
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
As frequently as this happens, you'd think they would have figured out the problem by now. Or maybe they have but they don't care enough to change whatever is causing it.

mike eppenbro
03-20-2012, 03:25 PM
But, but. Now what am I supposed to do before work?

three15
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Gotta say, i don't see this being fixed anytime soon :( EA will be wondering why no one's buying it! Amalur forums still have no mention of it and most question regarding Achievements are fobbed off with the usual 'talk to Microsoft'. So i wouldn't think they'd be an answer anyway. Down to MS to sort this out hence my fear it will be a while.

Robot God
03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Are the Playstation trophies working for it ?

Buffmaster
03-20-2012, 05:54 PM
As frequently as this happens, you'd think they would have figured out the problem by now. Or maybe they have but they don't care enough to change whatever is causing it.

This is what happens when it's outsourced to India or Mexico. You get what you pay for

cheevo360
03-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Hey Mr. Pants Party, thank you. So still Xbox.com not fixes it yet?

I just about buy and download DLC but I stop buy when found out here mention Xbox.com not fix for cheevos up. I will buy once achievements fixed. :)

Vigor
03-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Send some questions to their twitter feed, they got nothing else to do in between the spam they send out to the rest of the world along the lines of "Available now - Buy now!"

With any luck, it's fixed next week if they can wake up the careface in charge at EA.

cheevo360
03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Send some questions to their twitter feed, they got nothing else to do in between the spam they send out to the rest of the world along the lines of "Available now - Buy now!"

With any luck, it's fixed next week if they can wake up the careface in charge at EA.

WTF!! EA is stupid to release it as well stupid M$ having not fixes yet. What kind of bullshit release DLCs like that.

I look forward DLC but fuck cheevos failed because M$ having not fixes which is they are totally lazy bastards and bitches.

Sorry my swear but M$ and EA is stupid

xFortyseven
03-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Where on xbox.com can you see if the achievements have been added? and have they been added yet?=p

edit
found it. they seem to be missing still=(

mksystem74
03-20-2012, 08:47 PM
WTF!! EA is stupid to release it as well stupid M$ having not fixes yet. What kind of bullshit release DLCs like that.

I look forward DLC but fuck cheevos failed because M$ having not fixes which is they are totally lazy bastards and bitches.

Sorry my swear but M$ and EA is stupid

Because the achievements are secondary, we're not entitled to get anything more than the DLC itself.

Phantom-Phive
03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I just made a new post in the Xbox.com support forums.

here's the link.....
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/13/p/226168/1172812.aspx#1172812

I think it may help our cause more, if more ppl log on to the forums and post in that thread asking what's going on it may garner more attention, which may help it get fixed quicker. It worked for me while I was trying to get the Dungeon Siege 3 DLC fixed.

Onelastbreath
03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Was looking forward to playing this tonight but i can wait, i have so many games backing up its unreal. Hopefully its sorted by the end of the week.

DOA_Rose
03-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Good thing I can't afford it atm. This bullshit is why I don't have the It's All In The Reflexes achievement in Scott Pilgrim.

three15
03-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Because the achievements are secondary, we're not entitled to get anything more than the DLC itself.

Eh? that doesn't even make sense, Achievements are part of the DLC, DLC i wouldn't even buy without them. Unless you're saying i shouldn't expect them even though i brought it on the promise they were included?

If you buy a house with furniture in it but when you move in it's empty that's ok is it? because i shouldn't expect more than the house?

I'm sure your local store/car dealership/estate agent will be delighted to know you think like that. :confused:

Phantom-Phive
03-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Also anybody who has an account at the official Amalur forums, need to make some threads about this issue and raise the awareness there. Every effort helps.

metallicorphan
03-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I haven't got an account on the official forums,but i posted about it on Major Nelsons Blog and also on CVG

achti
03-20-2012, 11:51 PM
arch this sux! was really looking forward to play it today :'(

The Pants Party
03-21-2012, 12:15 AM
Well I was hoping they would be active tonight and I could start on it and begin an achievement guide, but no luck! Hopefully tomorrow. :(

mksystem74
03-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Eh? that doesn't even make sense, Achievements are part of the DLC, DLC i wouldn't even buy without them. Unless you're saying i shouldn't expect them even though i brought it on the promise they were included?

If you buy a house with furniture in it but when you move in it's empty that's ok is it? because i shouldn't expect more than the house?

I'm sure your local store/car dealership/estate agent will be delighted to know you think like that. :confused:

Achievements have given gamers a bad self-entitlement complex, with all this "what?! No achievements? Not buying!!" crap. The first thing I think about when hearing about DLC is if it's going to be good or not. I don't even worry about stupid achievements I'm saying the lack of the achievements showing up on Xbox.com doesn't mean the DLC is broken and that you can't play it. You're choosing to not do either or both. The DLC is not broken and works fine. You're lucky to get even that now a days.

Fro what I'm hearing you CAN unlock the achievements (Am I right on this or misunderstood?) they just won't show up. So once again you're choosing not to play it.

MA71BY
03-21-2012, 12:34 AM
@mksystem74 Your missing the point... If a gamer was to play the dlc and unlock the cheevs, they will not show up on Xbox.com, because of this they will have to recover their gamer tag because of the achievement number mismatch(in turn loosing the dlc cheevs)

Even if the dlc is good... Does anyone really want to replay something just to unlock achievements they have already unlocked but lost due to a technical mishap or a non update to the website

The Pants Party
03-21-2012, 12:45 AM
I think his point is perfectly valid. They announced in a pre-release Q&A that the DLC would have achievements. The content is out, but the achievements don't work properly, so if that was the selling point for him, he isn't getting everything he was promised.

Using the house analogy, it's like being told you'll receive furniture, only to buy the house and it all be smashed to bits when you get inside. Until they fix the furniture (achievements), you're not going to be happy that you paid your money and were not given everything promised. I wouldn't use a house with broken furniture and he (and I) won't be playing DLC with broken achievements. Better to wait for the full functionality we paid for.

I agree with your entitlement statement, but entitled or not we were told we'd be able to earn achievements and as of now we can not do that properly, so yes... the DLC is indeed broken. Actually, it'll actually break even further if we DO play it, because then we'll "unlock" story achievements that will disappear immediately. Once the achievements are on xbox.com, we'd then have to recover our Gamertag to reset the achievements and re-earn them. But, what if we don't have a save file before we started the DLC at that point, like this person (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362535)? Now we have to start a new character, get to level 10 and play the entire thing again! That's definitely not what I paid for (and yes, I already purchased and downloaded it - but I will be waiting to play like many others).

ImmortalArbiter
03-21-2012, 12:48 AM
I just don't see how this still happens. I'm tweeting XBox Support on Twitter - they usually seem very responsive.

alanp9
03-21-2012, 01:03 AM
"Entitlement"...lol

That word, I do not think it means what you (and the rest of the internet these days) think it means. Expecting something to work as advertised, and/or making buying decisions based on what you want out of a game whether it's achievements or anything else, does not equal "entitlement."

three15
03-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Yep, i am indeed "Entitled" to get what i paid for :)

cheevo360
03-21-2012, 02:30 AM
I really want fuck play this, what go on with Xbox.com recents!! Gamerscores wipe off last week and cheevos not up to some DLCs and now this?? :mad:

I gonna break through their studios and SMACK THEIR BUMS SO HARD!!! hahahaha joke :Bounce:

cheevo360
03-21-2012, 02:32 AM
I had bit felt that Xbox.com want sleep whole day before awake up when ever they want fixes this. Bullshits.

Not fair to some players who paid off DLC then cheevos had been blocked stupid Xbox.com they should test and fixes before allow DLC released!!

FOXHOUND MGS4
03-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Are the Playstation trophies working for it ?

Not atm as i've got this on the PS3 and a few people are saying the same thing about no trophies.

capthorp
03-21-2012, 03:33 AM
I've been "discussing" with Xbox support on Twitter with no real progress. I've posted my conversation below.
I've also sent a message on XBL to the rep that assisted with the previously mentioned issue for Dungeon Seige 3, to see if he can review as well and provide feedback.

ME - @xboxsupport Hey guys...any idea when the achievements for Kingdoms of Amalur will be live on Xbox.com? New dlc ach not live?

THEM - @canadianbaconx3 Is it showing up on your console when you play the game? ^BB

ME - @xboxsupport4 yes, they show up under achievements however past experience has shown that until they are updated on Xbox.com they won't unlock.

THEM - @canadianbaconx3 it can take a little time for the achievements to be fully available. ^JG

ME- @xboxsupport Any idea how long? Or why this occurs? Is it a developer issue or an Xbox live issue?

THEM - @canadianbaconx3 we don't have any information about that ^JG

Cooljoe
03-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Hmmm... I have this game from gamefly and am thinking of buying the dlc and holding on to the game a bit longer. What should I do? Should I buy the dlc or wait to re gamefly it in the future after a deal of the week on the dlc? Decisions... Decisions...

The Pants Party
03-21-2012, 04:17 AM
ME- @xboxsupport Any idea how long? Or why this occurs? Is it a developer issue or an Xbox live issue?

THEM - @canadianbaconx3 we don't have any information about that ^JG

Haha, what bullshit. They fully know it's their fault. 38 Studios clearly already had the achievements submitted to Microsoft, they just failed to update their servers with the information.

metallicorphan
03-21-2012, 05:11 AM
I sent 2 tweets to ReckoningGame twitter account,its kind of hard to say what you want in 140 characters

TBH though,there have only been half a dozen posts on his twitter feed today,and when DLC is out as well,so no idea if i will hear back

‏@metallicorphan (https://twitter.com/#%21/metallicorphan) @ReckoningGame (https://twitter.com/#%21/ReckoningGame) Xbox.com (http://t.co/VOhP4Th8) have not updated the achievements,which means they wont count when you unlock them
@metallicorphan (https://twitter.com/#%21/metallicorphan) @ReckoningGame (https://twitter.com/#%21/ReckoningGame) any idea when Xbox.com (http://t.co/VOhP4Th8) will update them?,a lot of people on 360achievements.org (http://t.co/UPf9Ohf8) are waiting on this
whether he actually knows the answer or not was not really the point,more to let him know that there was a problem,and maybe he can find out

I will let you know if i get any answers

mksystem74
03-21-2012, 05:12 AM
I think his point is perfectly valid. They announced in a pre-release Q&A that the DLC would have achievements. The content is out, but the achievements don't work properly, so if that was the selling point for him, he isn't getting everything he was promised.

Using the house analogy, it's like being told you'll receive furniture, only to buy the house and it all be smashed to bits when you get inside. Until they fix the furniture (achievements), you're not going to be happy that you paid your money and were not given everything promised. I wouldn't use a house with broken furniture and he (and I) won't be playing DLC with broken achievements. Better to wait for the full functionality we paid for.

I agree with your entitlement statement, but entitled or not we were told we'd be able to earn achievements and as of now we can not do that properly, so yes... the DLC is indeed broken. Actually, it'll actually break even further if we DO play it, because then we'll "unlock" story achievements that will disappear immediately. Once the achievements are on xbox.com, we'd then have to recover our Gamertag to reset the achievements and re-earn them. But, what if we don't have a save file before we started the DLC at that point, like this person (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362535)? Now we have to start a new character, get to level 10 and play the entire thing again! That's definitely not what I paid for (and yes, I already purchased and downloaded it - but I will be waiting to play like many others).

I can agree with that, its more the people that don't buy DLC (even if they love the game) just because achievements aren't attached. Or they hear of tiny problem like Microsoft not updated Xbox.com with the achievements so they dismiss the DLC all together and say the hell with them and the game.

And I could be wrong on this, but a lot of people play RPGs more than once anyways, so even if you can't unlock them right now. You should be able to when you play it again. Why else would you buy a game unless renting is not an option at all. Even then right now people are paying full price for the game plus the $10 for the DLC so I would think you'd want your money's worth anyways. So when you get these people that are so angry they can't get their precious achievements right away, its annoying to hear them turn against the game, developers, etc.

Also, people have the cloud storage now along with their hard drives at least , so I don't see how no one can make an extra save for later and play the DLC right now if they really wanted to. Its sounds like, I don't want to say an excuse to not buy/play the DLC but I don't know how else to say it. If you enjoy the game, play it, play the DLC... get your achievements later. But we can disagree, agree or agree to disagree with this, but I at least see where you're coming from.

Grummy
03-21-2012, 05:32 AM
I can agree with that, its more the people that don't buy DLC (even if they love the game) just because achievements aren't attached. Or they hear of tiny problem like Microsoft not updated Xbox.com with the achievements so they dismiss the DLC all together and say the hell with them and the game.

And I could be wrong on this, but a lot of people play RPGs more than once anyways, so even if you can't unlock them right now. You should be able to when you play it again. Why else would you buy a game unless renting is not an option at all. Even then right now people are paying full price for the game plus the $10 for the DLC so I would think you'd want your money's worth anyways. So when you get these people that are so angry they can't get their precious achievements right away, its annoying to hear them turn against the game, developers, etc.

Also, people have the cloud storage now along with their hard drives at least , so I don't see how no one can make an extra save for later and play the DLC right now if they really wanted to. Its sounds like, I don't want to say an excuse to not buy/play the DLC but I don't know how else to say it. If you enjoy the game, play it, play the DLC... get your achievements later. But we can disagree, agree or agree to disagree with this, but I at least see where you're coming from.

The problem here now mate is that your passing judgement on how people choose to enjoy their gaming hobby. Certainly, you enjoy games primarily and achievements I would guess are a welcome addition, but of secondary importance. That is fine, there is nothing in the world wrong with that, but other people have different priorities. Indeed, many players rank achievements as being equally important to the quality of a games content, some people find them MORE important. There is nothing wrong with those views either. Games are there to be enjoyed, it is down to the individual how he or she enjoys them, for some people that will be just playing the game, for others the achievements make all the difference and are justified in being upset and dismissing DLC if it doesn't have any/if it does and its broken.

Now, whilst I agree with your point that people want to get there monies worth out of a game they have bought, again, you're passing judgement based on your own values. And again, your own values aren't wrong, but not everyone shares them. For many people a single playthrough of a game is value for money, for others repeat play is. You also have to consider that many people only enjoy games for one playthrough, and can't play a game a second time over, but they CAN go back to it with new content.

My point really is that whilst you haven't said anything that is wrong or that I disagree with, you've overlooked that these things are your opinions, and only how you judge something value, others have different values and you can't really dismiss them for that.

metallicorphan
03-21-2012, 05:36 AM
I am sure people will wait a day or two its no biggie,as long as they(MS or 38s)know that there is a problem,i think that is what the main concern is

do remember though that you are on a website for achievements,so you can't really blame them for being a little obsessive on here about them,this is mainly what the site was made for :)

Vigor
03-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Haha, what bullshit. They fully know it's their fault. 38 Studios clearly already had the achievements submitted to Microsoft, they just failed to update their servers with the information.

Probably because none of the achievements were Kinect ready.

That entire support channel is horse shit.
I've once pointed out they've re-uploaded data from 2009 as new on xbox.com which was already on the marketplace.

What do they do after weeks, remove the old data instead of the new duplicates, meaning that if you've bought it before, it now appears as new on xbox.com, very funny if you ever wanted to download again for whatever reason, nice little trick there.
I've seen them pulling this shit with premium themes as well.

They laugh at the millions of Gold subs while pushing ads on your dashboard, in the mean time they get more cash flow generated by spamming commercial bullshit to every follower they have on twitter.

It's a company abusing their monopoly position for decades but a blind horse will tell you: It's a business!!

Lex Talionis
03-21-2012, 05:55 AM
Xbox.com Customer support chat just told me to contact EA:
You are now chatting with 'Ronnette'.
LEX: Did you get the original message with my problem?
Ronnette: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Ronnette.
LEX: hello
Ronnette: I understand you are wondering when xbox.com is going to be updated with your download content, is this correct?
LEX: Not quite
LEX: There is a new DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur
LEX: it came out today
LEX: it has achievements
LEX: They appear on my screen when I go to play the game
LEX: The problem is they are not yet on xbox.com
LEX: If I play the DLC and earn the achievements they will not count towards my gamerscore
Ronnette: Let me see if I can get you an answer on that.
LEX: because they are not yet on xbox.com
Ronnette: Ok
Ronnette: When were they on your console?
LEX: In order to get credit I would have to reload my gamertag
LEX: lose the achievements and earn them again
LEX: Therefore I don't want to play the DLC until xbox.com is updated
LEX: This in the past has taken anywhere from a week to months
LEX: I do not want to wait a week so I am bringing this to your attention
LEX: See http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362395
Ronnette: I am sorry I actually can't look at that site.
LEX: Ok hold on
LEX: there is an xbox support thread as well
Ronnette: Ok
LEX:http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/13/p/226168/1172812.aspx#1172812
Ronnette: Ok, LEX unfortunately you would have to contact EA on this. When they release it to us we release it to you.
LEX: Thats not true
LEX: EA tells us it is an xbox live problem
LEX: xbox live has said that is a problem on their side in the past
LEX: It is an xbox live problem
Ronnette: Let me check with my supervisor, give me just a few moments.
LEX: ok thank you
Ronnette: No worries
Ronnette: I am so sorry, I am getting you need to talk with EA. I am so very sorry you were directed to us.
Ronnette: We don't offer in game support on achievements, whether it be on the console or at xbox.com
LEX: Ok so there's no way for you to flag this so that it can be updated on your end?
LEX: I have heard a lot of people state they will not purchase the DLC until this is fixed
Ronnette: I can absolute pass the word along, however that would be the most.
LEX: Ok the problem is that the xbox.com site needs to be updated to include the new DLC achievements
LEX: Thanks for passing it on to the xbox.com staff
Ronnette: Ok, thank you LEX.
Ronnette: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
LEX: I guess not.
Ronnette: Ok your reference number for chat today is ######
Ronnette: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. To end your chat session please click the X above the chat window

I hate customer support through chat because: 1. it's hard to type a detailed description of the problem without something being lost in translation, it's not a fluid form of communication; and 2. they're never really helpful unless you need help with a generic problem you could usually solve with a google search.

alanp9
03-21-2012, 07:58 AM

And who are you exactly to dictate how, when, and why people should buy and play DLC? Talk about a sense of entitlement! If I don't want to buy DLC because it doesn't have achievements or because they aren't unlocking properly, what's it to you? People shouldn't have to make a backup save to the cloud, or replay the content they purchased, because of something that's clearly a technical issue that shouldn't be happening. I'm glad you see where others in this thread are coming from, because I don't see where you're coming from at all besides underneath a bridge.

Back on topic: I'm finally getting this game today and can't wait to play it. I was going to buy the DLC sight unseen and have it downloaded and ready to go when I loaded the game up, but now I have no intention of buying it until the problem is corrected. Hopefully they'll have it fixed within a day or two at least. If not, oh well, they lose a sale and I move on to the next game.

Phantom-Phive
03-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you see where others in this thread are coming from, because I don't see where you're coming from at all besides underneath a bridge.

:p

Not atm as i've got this on the PS3 and a few people are saying the same thing about no trophies.

hmmmm maybe this is on EA/38 studios end, We may need to take this issue to their doorstep and get at them about it. It sucks that the CS blew it off over the chat/twitter and saying its on EA. In the past its never been handled this way.

Robot God
03-21-2012, 09:28 AM

Its looks like the trophies for Playstation have not been updated either going by the Kingdom of Almur forums and the PS3 trophie forums.This is all a bit of a mess.If it aint fixed today then I think we could be waiting a long time.

three15
03-21-2012, 11:43 AM
If the PS3 trophies aren't adding also it does seem more like 38 studios/EA's issue. I already have a 100GS missing from my xbox.com achievements from a few other games that have done this so i'm not touching it now.

Time to move on i think, i don't see this been fixed before The Witcher 2 drops through my letterbox so i'll be saving my points for something else. Shame though, i really enjoyed playing KOA.

Hansathan
03-21-2012, 12:14 PM
"Entitlement"...lol

That word, I do not think it means what you (and the rest of the internet these days) think it means. Expecting something to work as advertised, and/or making buying decisions based on what you want out of a game whether it's achievements or anything else, does not equal "entitlement."

Entitled is the Internet buzzword of the past 2 weeks. I am tired of hearing about it :/

Onelastbreath
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm going to give this a miss for now. It does seem like it could be a problem on EAs end due to the PS3 trophies being problematic aswell. Hopefully it wont hurt the sales too much and harm the prospect of future dlc. Ill keep checking the forums and download it when its confirmed they are unlocking correctly.

whirave
03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up, will hold off for now....

Bubblesz
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
I want my money back! If i bought a faulty product from a shop i could just return it.

DarkGin87
03-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you sure about this? see before when this problem use to happen they were not on the dashboard either, but this time the 5 achievements are showing on the dashboard. so when the site does get updated they will just upload to xbox.com so it should not be a problem

Also xbox360 haven't updated the site on the achievements either :P

The Pants Party
03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
Are you sure about this? see before when this problem use to happen they were not on the dashboard either, but this time the 5 achievements are showing on the dashboard. so when the site does get updated they will just upload to xbox.com so it should not be a problem

I am positive. What the dashboard says means nothing - if the achievements are not on xbox.com, they will NOT unlock properly, even if you get the in-game notification. They will immediately disappear from your score because according to Microsoft's servers (xbox.com), they don't exist.

DarkGin87
03-21-2012, 03:43 PM
I am positive. What the dashboard says means nothing - if the achievements are not on xbox.com, they will NOT unlock properly, even if you get the in-game notification. They will immediately disappear from your score because according to Microsoft's servers (xbox.com), they don't exist.

Well before when they been on the dashboard and Ive unlocked them they stay an when they show up on xbox.com they update.

The achievements are there on the dashboard the pictures are there even my gamerscore is showing the extra number and even turn off the console and they remain there

the game even states 51 out of 55 when you look on the dashboard

The Pants Party
03-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Trust me dude, I've overseen the gamerscore for this website for years. Once the achievements are posted to xbox.com, you'll need to recover your Gamertag to reset the achievements. Doing so will sync with Microsoft's servers (xbox.com) and the achievements will disappear from your Dashboard. Then you'll have to re-earn them, and depending on your save game situation, you may even need to start a new character.

This has happened to dozens of games in the past and the situation is always the same.

DarkGin87
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Trust me dude, I've overseen the gamerscore for this website for years. Once the achievements are posted to xbox.com, you'll need to recover your Gamertag to reset the achievements. Doing so will sync with Microsoft's servers (xbox.com) and the achievements will disappear from your Dashboard. Then you'll have to re-earn them, and depending on your save game situation, you may even need to start a new character.

This has happened to dozens of games in the past and the situation is always the same.

I don't mean to be rude but even you can be wrong, i have played games before that didn't show the achievements on xbox.com

Ive unlocked them and when xbox.com updates they upload, I'm thinking it like playing a game offlines and unlocking them soon you connect they upload

i would understand if the DLC achievements were not even in the achievement list on the dashboard but they are, my GS is 139040 right now

there is 55 achievements on the dashboard so they are in the system just not showing on xbox.com.

If they weren't in the system there be no pictures and the list would not have updated to 55

merc mcguirk
03-21-2012, 04:05 PM
It looks like Pants is right. I hope you have a save game from before you started it...

http://www.oxm.co.uk/39954/amalur-dlc-achievement-glitches-reported/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=OXM-News-RSS

three15
03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
A community manager over on the KOA forums has addressed this and says it's being 'looked' into, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7517-Announcing-The-Legend-of-Dead-Kel&p=109024&viewfull=1#post109024

And Darkgin, trust me, Pants is right, i'm still missing scores from other games this has happened with.

The Pants Party
03-21-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't know what else to say DarkGin. The only possible way that worked for you in the past is if you played offline the entire time until xbox.com was updated. I suppose that way, when you go online your dashboard and Microsoft's servers would be interacting for the first time and everything would match. Otherwise, if you connect online at any point after unlocking the achievements but before xbox.com is updated, the two won't match and the achievements will disappear.

And I am fully aware the achievements show on the dashboard, but as I explained before, your dashboard is irrelevant. Microsoft's servers (xbox.com) are what control Gamerscore. If it doesn't show up there, it technically doesn't exist.

achti
03-21-2012, 05:26 PM

Also xbox360 haven't updated the site on the achievements either :P

Nah that could be because you bought the DLC. i didnt buy the DLC yet and i checked the achievements 50/50 then i booted up the game and checked again. still 50/50. if there was nothing wrong with the achievements and were on xbox.com they should have been updated to 50/55. :)

Dragonmaster700
03-21-2012, 05:53 PM
I asked on the Official Amalur forums and they said they are looking into it with Microsoft, so atleast they are aware of it and working on it.

MysticWeirdo
03-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Achievements are now on xbox.com.

WICKEDGAMES29
03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
I just checked my account on xbox.com and the achievements are showing up. Mystic you just beat me too it. Awesome, now time for me to play some dead kel.

zszaiss
03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Yes. Now I can go get those achievements... again. =/ (Appreciate this thread, just bummed I found it after 5 hours of play time last night.)

Phantom-Phive
03-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Just read the previous posts, great job everyone. Time for some Dead Kel DLC.

BloodGodAlucard
03-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Awesome news. I'm glad I'll have no problems playing the DLC now. Thanks for the update. :woop:

The Pants Party
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Everything should be good to go for these. If no one beats me to it I'll get a guide started tomorrow. Not sure if I'll get much time to play tonight after work, but I'm off tomorrow.

(And DarkGin, hate to say I told you so, but according to xbox.com you have not unlocked any of these achievements. ;))

Onelastbreath
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Excellent, gonna put this to download later. Thanks for the heads up guys.

capthorp
03-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Sweet....cant wait to rock out on this later this evening.

Redrum4
03-21-2012, 09:08 PM
I want my money back! If i bought a faulty product from a shop i could just return it.

Mine says 1000/1150 on Xbox.con now and shows on my gamer card when compared to friends so for me it's all set hope you all are as well:Bounce:

cheevo360
03-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Thank you for updated!! Cannot wait to play this DLC on weekend, at moment I playing Ninja Gaiden 3, Resi Evil ORC and Armored Core V :):)

ponypo2001
03-21-2012, 11:19 PM
So, what are the secret achievements? I've just finished the story and have yet to unlock anything?

Shadow Rabbi
03-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Just got one of the secret acheivement

Manic Pixie Dream Elf Worth 25 GS

Wooed Rast Brattigan

ponypo2001
03-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Just got one of the secret acheivement

Manic Pixie Dream Elf Worth 25 GS

Wooed Rast Brattigan

Any idea what exactly was involved to get that? I still have some quests open so I'm hoping I haven't missed it.

EDIT :- Just popped it by talking to her after doing all the quests. She gives you a sword and the achievement pops. That's one secret one sorted.

Shadow Rabbi
03-22-2012, 12:09 AM
ya sorry forgot to post how I got it.

*SPOILER*

The way I got it was when choosing one of the three to join me on the trip to see Akara I chose the chiefs daughter person, not Tari or Brattigan. Once I finished the quest and returned to Cape Solace the achievement popped.

ponypo2001
03-22-2012, 12:15 AM
ya sorry forgot to post how I got it.

*SPOILER*

The way I got it was when choosing one of the three to join me on the trip to see Akara I chose the chiefs daughter person, not Tari or Brattigan. Once I finished the quest and returned to Cape Solace the achievement popped.

I chose her too. Can anyone confirm whether they chose someone else and still got the achievement?

The Pants Party
03-22-2012, 12:53 AM
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7667-Achievements-for-quot-The-Legend-Of-Dead-Kel-quot-amp-DLC-2!&p=101033&viewfull=1#post101033

The other secret is "Give Her a Hand" which is "Found Aubrey Gilcrest's severed hand."

ponypo2001
03-22-2012, 01:00 AM
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7667-Achievements-for-quot-The-Legend-Of-Dead-Kel-quot-amp-DLC-2!&p=101033&viewfull=1#post101033 (http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7667-Achievements-for-quot-The-Legend-Of-Dead-Kel-quot-amp-DLC-2%21&p=101033&viewfull=1#post101033)

The other secret is "Give Her a Hand" which is "Found Aubrey Gilcrest's severed hand."

Ok, I think that's the woman who gives you the quest "Scattered Fragments" to find the map pieces as she has a bloody stump. I have 2 of 3 so far. Haven't a clue where the last is though.

EDIT :- It is indeed the right quest. You find the various pieces in chests inside the "Fasting" dungeons. I'm on the 4th and last map but missing one piece. Aubrey always gives you one piece of the map leaving you to find 2 others.

SpiderLink
03-22-2012, 01:41 AM
Hmm, I've completed the Scattered Pieces quest, but the achievement hasn't unlocked, and there hasn't been any mention of a hand as far as I can tell.

Just for reference's sake, I did the dungeon with Captain Brattigan and unlocked the Manic Pixie Dream Elf achievement. Then I reloaded an older save, did it with the mayor's daughter (Nina Malloi), and Captain Brattigan said the exact same thing about wooing and sex. She also gave me the same sword. Hope this helps someone.

ponypo2001
03-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Hmm, I've completed the Scattered Pieces quest, but the achievement hasn't unlocked, and there hasn't been any mention of a hand as far as I can tell.

Just for reference's sake, I did the dungeon with Captain Brattigan and unlocked the Manic Pixie Dream Elf achievement. Then I reloaded an older save, did it with the mayor's daughter (Nina Malloi), and Captain Brattigan said the exact same thing about wooing and sex. She also gave me the same sword. Hope this helps someone.

There's 4 parts to it. Did you do all four maps?

SpiderLink
03-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Sure did. It's under Completed and everything.

ponypo2001
03-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Sure did. It's under Completed and everything.

Arse, I just did it too and nothing. I wonder if it comes from those quest you get as ruler of the keep? This DLC is really getting annoying now.

SpiderLink
03-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Arse, I just did it too and nothing. I wonder if it comes from those quest you get as ruler of the keep? This DLC is really getting annoying now.

That's what I figured as well, but I seem to be out of things to be lordly about.

I've gotten all the paintings, and all the books (though I still have one in my inventory, the bint doesn't feel like translating anything). Now I'm just messing with diplomacy and scavenging. Getting alliances with everybody got a trainer (mercantile 7-9 I think), a fateweaver, and an aurochs to come to my castle, but not much more. I'm trying to trigger a war to see what happens with that.

Scavenging seemed completely useless until the scout somehow managed to recruit an alchemist trainer and a stealth trainer (both 7-9). Now my skills are maxed out, but I'm still missing some achievements :(

Laxi
03-22-2012, 02:23 AM
For "Give her a hand"

check this out
Kingdoms of Amulur: Reckoning... Give Her A Hand Achievement - YouTube

i think you have to complete Scattered Fragments to make the crab spawn

ponypo2001
03-22-2012, 02:33 AM
For "Give her a hand"

check this out
Kingdoms of Amulur: Reckoning... Give Her A Hand Achievement - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68WcfeLY870)

You are a star. Worked perfectly. Now, if only Scavs would respawn quicker I'd be all done.

EDIT :- Just finished. For the scavs, go between the fastings and after every third one, the skavs will have respawned. This nets you around 15 kills per run between Cliffbreak, Undersea and Souldeep Fastings.

SpiderLink
03-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Laxi, you are my hero. Now to wipe out these scavs and grab some more messages in a bottle.

The Pants Party
03-22-2012, 02:45 AM
My friends pressured me into playing some ME3 MP tonight so I didn't get to start. How long did it take you guys?

ponypo2001
03-22-2012, 02:48 AM
My friends pressured me into playing some ME3 MP tonight so I didn't get to start. How long did it take you guys?

Now we know how to get everything, I'd say 3-4 hours tops. Could be done in less but I picked everything up and did all the quests. Most of the time was spent searching for that bloody hand :p

The Pants Party
03-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Not too shabby I suppose. I've seen a lot of DLC in the past few months be running people barely an hour.

I'm off work tomorrow so I should be able to finish the whole thing and write a guide if no one else does in the meantime.

SpiderLink
03-22-2012, 02:50 AM
Well, I was already at level 40, so even on hard mode, I was able to tear through the missions like tissue paper, and from what I can tell, that's all you need to get the first secret achievement. The renovation one is just a matter of gathering materials (mostly from piles of junk and chests and whatnot) and waiting. I think that there's a cave that spawns 6 scavs per visit, so getting 50 shouldn't be too rough. Thanks to Laxi, we know where to get the hand necessary for the second secret achievement.

The tough one is gonna be the eight messages in a bottle one for me. I've only gotten my hands on two so far, and I thought I had cleaned out every dungeon.

Edit: The cave that spawns 6 scavs is called Undersea Fasting. I also found a bottle in there, all the way to the left/west.

zszaiss
03-22-2012, 06:11 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=362738

At least five of them are on the overworld map. I'm still trying to track down one of them though...

VitaminAmy
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM

There isn't an achievement for completing the Shattered Pieces quest.
It is however, needed to get the Give Her a Hand achievement.
The 5 achievements are for finding the hand, 8 messages in a bottle, wooing Brattigan, restoring Gravehal Keep and killing 50 Scavs. :)

Hansathan
03-22-2012, 10:17 AM
(And DarkGin, hate to say I told you so, but according to xbox.com you have not unlocked any of these achievements. ;))

hahaha I was waiting for this. I'm PRETTY sure you know what you're talking about by now :)

OT: Looking forward to getting started on this either tonight or this weekend. Gotta put down ME3 first...

Mercury
03-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Usually when you pop in a game with new DLC, it changes your GS. I have downloaded the DLC, put in the game (started it up; haven't actually gotten into a game), and it's still showing 50/50. Do I need to recover my account over itself?

Edit: Nevermind. Sorry about that. For some reason I started playing and they were up.

gary55k
11-28-2012, 12:45 AM
I need 2 start palying this again 2 finish it not played it for a few months