PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's first impressions?

EliteShadowMan
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
I just started Silent Hill 3 to see what Heather's voice is like now. God i miss the other VA for her. Have yet to try out Silent Hill 2, but the graphics seem fine on 3.

As for Silent Hill 2, you can pick between New, and Original voices. Does anyone know how to get back to the main menu without having to dashboard? i know holding the bumpers, triggers, select, and start bring you back to the games menu, but i can't switch between 2, and 3 anytime i want.

Ceris
03-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Loving the graphics in SH3, which is the one I started on as well. I really don't like the new Heather voice actor, but Douglas and Claudia sound fine. There are tons of sound bugs that are annoying me. I shot the machine gun in the dream and it caused to game to play static. The voices occasionally cut out too. Also, the elevator had a sound that lasted like 3sec and they just looped it, same with the radio when you first get it.

Red Testament
03-20-2012, 05:52 PM
That's a shame about not getting the VA for SH3. I thought they were working on getting that fixed.

Soldiercloud9
03-20-2012, 06:12 PM
That's a shame about not getting the VA for SH3. I thought they were working on getting that fixed.
Well in a sense they really didn't have any other option. The original VA for Heather basically for lack of better words is M.I.A. They looked but to no avail.

Ceris
03-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Well in a sense they really didn't have any other option. The original VA for Heather basically for lack of better words is M.I.A. They looked but to no avail.
They actually found her and she gave an interview. Link to interview is HERE (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/01/01/heather-mason-speaks-an-interview-with-heather-morris/)

BTW is anyone planning on making an Achievement Guide? I might make one if no one else is planning it.

EliteShadowMan
03-20-2012, 06:47 PM
They actually found her and she gave an interview. Link to interview is HERE (http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/01/01/heather-mason-speaks-an-interview-with-heather-morris/)

BTW is anyone planning on making an Achievement Guide? I might make one if no one else is planning it.

I would but i'm not a veteran Silent Hill player like you and a couple others seem to be on these forums. So i'll just leave it to you guys.

Ceris
03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
This game is so bad at times. The frame rate is shit when there are enemies around and now the game froze on me while I was on my play through with 2 or less saves. I hadn't saved yet and I was running to the amusement park. After losing over an hour of playing, I am taking a break and will play it later...

EliteShadowMan
03-21-2012, 05:11 PM
So i'm up to the area right after the prison on SH2. Only complaint so far is that sometimes when i bring up the save menu the sound has some static to it on some instances. Oh wait when you run into the Flesh Lips in the game it got pretty bad framerate during the cutscene after that.

Other than that i'm glad i bought this. The game runs fine, saves save almost instantly, and the loading times are pretty much non existent.

Ceris
03-21-2012, 06:17 PM
IT FROZE AGAIN!!!! Halfway through the amusement park, no saves, this time installed to hard drive, and it still fucking feezes. This HD collection is so fucking broken...

EliteShadowMan
03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
IT FROZE AGAIN!!!! Halfway through the amusement park, no saves, this time installed to hard drive, and it still fucking feezes. This HD collection is so fucking broken...

That's unfortunate. That's also a lot of time wasted isn't it since it happened to you twice? i'd assume that's at least 2-3 hours down the drain. I have no idea since i never got that far in SH3.

I'll see if that happens to me as well since i'm going to finish 2 tonight. and then start on 3.

singhellotaku617
03-22-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't know if damage is higher or if im just not used to playing without superweapons but I just got killed by those damn bugs in the underground after the well. I was planning to make my first save after boss3?/before boat so thats 2 hours down the drain...

metallicorphan
03-26-2012, 02:19 AM
This is getting some really bad press out there,Amazon have apparently stopped selling it for being so bad
http://silenthaven.tumblr.com/post/19903807222/amazon-no-longer-stocking-silent-hill-hd-collection

are the graphics as bad as the PS3 version?
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6595/63607465.jpg

Ceris
03-26-2012, 02:30 AM
This is getting some really bad press out there,Amazon have apparently stopped selling it for being so bad
http://silenthaven.tumblr.com/post/19903807222/amazon-no-longer-stocking-silent-hill-hd-collection

are the graphics as bad as the PS3 version?
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6595/63607465.jpg
Damn that is HORRIBLE. Does Xbox look like that? And I find it funny that Amazon thinks the game is so atrocious that they refuse to sell it. If it wasn't for the possible patches in the future, I would have asked Gamestop for refund.

Herr Shaun
03-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Damn that is HORRIBLE. Does Xbox look like that? And I find it funny that Amazon thinks the game is so atrocious that they refuse to sell it. If it wasn't for the possible patches in the future, I would have asked Gamestop for refund.
I'm almost to the boat scene, I'll let you guys know.

Creazil
03-26-2012, 01:43 PM
This game is so bad at times. The frame rate is shit when there are enemies around and now the game froze on me while I was on my play through with 2 or less saves. I hadn't saved yet and I was running to the amusement park. After losing over an hour of playing, I am taking a break and will play it later...

Here's to hoping for patches. I won't get my copy in the post until Friday, as the 30th is the release date here in the UK and I've literally been bored of gaming and awaiting this. I haven't played a game in a month and I really need this to come out so I can get back into it. I love Silent Hill.