PDA

View Full Version : Any US residents get the Collectors Statue?

Xero Shinobi
03-20-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm in the UK, in deep thought about buying the collectors to get that awesome figure of Ryu and the masked bloke, is the quality of the piece good? Is it worth it? I'm aware you get a lot more, but I'm only it in for the item to go on my shelf.

Please respond before release =P

jackofblades
03-21-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm in the UK, in deep thought about buying the collectors to get that awesome figure of Ryu and the masked bloke, is the quality of the piece good? Is it worth it? I'm aware you get a lot more, but I'm only it in for the item to go on my shelf.

Please respond before release =P

ill find out thursday :D

sryushinobi13
03-21-2012, 04:35 AM
The figure is decent not great. I was disappointed that they didnt put much detail in the dragon sword. The tsuba doesnt match. Feet on both characters look too big. Ryu's needed more detail. The art book i liked better. Also for the price i was hoping there would finally be avatar awards but nope. If you are not as picky as me then go for it but i feel more disappointed. The art book i liked better. The figure isnt bad its mostly good minus those issues. For me though even the cheap toys with movable parts have better dragon swords. I am neutral to the soundtrack.

a7x4lyf3
03-21-2012, 06:54 AM
It's a decent figure, while it is in need of more detail and ryu's face looks a bit weird, it's better than most collectible statues you see nowadays.

dirty40oz
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
I got the statue its nice only problem I had was that one of the figures swords were broke andi had to super glue it.

41inuyasha
03-21-2012, 10:16 AM
after getting the gears 3 and skyrim ones, those are statues, these ones just looked like $40 dollars action figures toys. I passed on the special, but love the game :)

MachineAres
03-21-2012, 11:35 AM
The figures are better than I expected, they're about action figure size (6 inches or so) and pretty detailed and I love how their swords are actually going through each others bodies, it makes it feel much more like a diorama or statue than some random action figures. Everything in the collector's package is pretty awesome except the game itself :(

Filter x360a
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
The figures are better than I expected, they're about action figure size (6 inches or so) and pretty detailed and I love how their swords are actually going through each others bodies, it makes it feel much more like a diorama or statue than some random action figures. Everything in the collector's package is pretty awesome except the game itself :(

LOL! Great quote!

overkill48
03-22-2012, 09:52 AM
I got it. Enjoy it quite a bit actually. Thought the game was awesome as well imo..

metallicfiend83
03-29-2012, 07:19 PM
i got mine at a midnight for REORC, i think its pretty cool. just as good as Skyrims ce and better than Gears 3. it being 50 bucks cheaper was nice too. the sculpt for the statue for for the figures is decent, again better than the Gears which was horrible(almost returned it for how badly it was done) and just as nice as Alduin for the Skyrim ce minus all the hideous seam lines and rubbery plastic lol. no ce statues have a good paint job i'ev come to the conclusion of. i know im a little harsh put i'ev gone to school for sculpting and making figures like this and they are all low grade for there price. this one is great for the price not to mention im loving the DOA5 Alpha demo.

Exhausted Dad
03-29-2012, 11:21 PM
Agreed I think the statues are petty good and I have a dozen or so. The only 1 I like better is the one I got from the Two Worlds 2 Import Ce I have.

CyberEvil
03-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Mine is currently on my desk at work. I get some interesting comments when people stop by haha.