PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone liking this game? (opinions)

41inuyasha
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
In my opinion, even with all the bad reviews its getting. I think this game is spectacular. The people that make these reviews (ESPECIALLY THE FAG FROM IGN) dont know a good game if you shoved it up there ass. I am a huge fan, and ya I was dissapointed with the lack of weapons and them taking out the RPG elements. But other then that, this game is beautiful, has AMAZING gameplay. And the difficulty is so perfect! Hero mode makes this game so fun to play if you just wanna hack away :). And for the people that want it hard, theres difficulties for that as well. They go more into RYU and what kind of person he is. Which is so cool! The campaign is shorter then the previous titles, but still isnt short. NG2 was just looonnnngg lol. And the multiplayer is very cool. You can do Trials alone or with 3 others, or versus. You get XP through them both which allow you to rank up and obtain new custimizable parts for your shinobi. Its very cool. I bought Resident Evil and Ninja gaiden the same day. And Ninja gaiden came out to be worth the money when Resident evil was not worth half of what I paid for it.

So what did you all think about it?

demonizer_andy
03-21-2012, 12:21 PM
i dont think its anywhere as good as you mentioned, i think the graphics are very dated, i think the jumps between difficulties is slightly annoying, the taking away of healing items is a bit gash, the boss fights are a bit drab, the kunai climbing parts are pure dog shit, i think its a very mediocre game and deffo not worth the full price tag, second one was a drop in quality from the xbox original in my eyes, in my eyes i dont see why now they cant do a technical graphically impressive ninja game, they could rebuild tenchu or try something completly new, i was so excited for this game played it for an hour n i may have another go later but doesnt really do anything for me

Rune Ocarina
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
While I think it's using the same engine, I do want to note that it looks like Team Ninja did try to improve a few things such as facial features. I didn't notice this until Momiji showed up cause everyone looks good expect her - like they literally didn't touch anything from the Sigma 2 game for her. (Small rant though)

I'm actually glad I got my copy. I'm actually enjoying multiplayer more than I thought I would. I didn't have enough time last night to try the trails out but it sounds like you have the choice to tackle it solo or coop. I'm game with that. Hated the AI you were forced to go with in Sigma 2. Difficulty is ok though some parts get me raging more than other. (Lack of healing items and managing the proper time to use your Ninpo. It also seems the harder the difficulty the more waves of enemies you fight. (And it feels like a lot of waves by the time you're done which seems to pad some of the difficulty.)

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new dodge/roll? I noticed this in my first boss fight but I don't think you're fully invincible through the slide and there's a slight delay after finishing the slide before you can go to your blocking stance. I may be overreacting but I never noticed these in any NG game before so I'm not sure if it's a change or if I'm late to noticing this.

cheevo360
03-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Got game I like it. My judge now this game is good not perfect.

But yeah gameplay, story and graphics is biggest downgrade this time but still game is fun.

I gave it 50% medicore title and better then Ninja Blade.

I hope future Tecmo bring back original stuffs from 1st and 2nd series into 4th series.

I not happy with 3rd series is that no ORBS and yah I knew there no progression for upgrades lots weapons and gears. Oh well lol

Gambitjuggalo
03-21-2012, 03:37 PM
im not an online gamer really unless I find a multiplayer I really like... Like with Assassins creed I loved it it was something so different and fresh not just another military shooter.. So when I tried Ninja gaidens multiplayer I loved it and I hope team ninja keeps supporting the multiplayer with new levels and achievements and raise the level cap... but with my luck it will die out

Still its not the greatest in the series but I still enjoy it and it should keep me busy at least untill prototype 2 comes out

Devolon
03-22-2012, 07:39 PM
2 levels in on hard difficulty, I'd agree with IGN so far. I'm giving the game the benefit of the doubt, assuming there's a reason why the fights are so repetitive and the controls feel so unresponsive, maybe I'm doing it wrong. A couple nice fights, though (spider mech, the three magicians), but the rest is bleh, and... Is it really hard difficulty? Enemies are dumb and deal little damage as long as you don't let them grab you.

MP lvl15: The netcode is absolutely atrocious, maps are too small , giving everyone a dark void ninpo was a bad idea and people have already found some very annoying exploits.

!xobile
03-22-2012, 11:44 PM
ign were a bit harsh on the rating probably a 5 would of done it but what they said was true and its not like they're biased or anything, the other ninja gaidens have had a good rating including the ds version. i remember when the first ninja gaiden came out for xbox and i thought it was the best thing ever even though i found the starting diffculty next to impossible back then (lol).

a7x4lyf3
03-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Despite this not being the ninja gaiden we all know and love, you gotta admit the cutscenes are cool, and the voice actor for Ryu is just perfect, fits the character quite nicely.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-23-2012, 12:42 AM
Im glad about this. :) I said in a previous post people who go by reviews are idiots.

JiveT
03-23-2012, 02:11 AM
It's definitely not complete garbage but in some ways it is complete garbage. Only one weapon is horrible. It's so horrible it almost doesn't matter about the rest of the game. Then the fact they are adding weapons as DLC is even more horrible.

I actually like some of the dialogue in the cinemas but the plot and characters rip off Metal Gear Solid in such a stupid obvious way. The gameplay with the sword is OK but once I got to the trial with the stupid fucking purple beasts who kick juggle you between each other I pretty much lost interest in playing anymore of the game. The co-op trials are neat and if there were more and better customization for your ninja I would really get into it. Beating the campaign on Normal was good enough for me I guess it took about 7 or 8 hours.

Overall I give it a 5 out of 10 because everything in the game loops so much and most of the bosses are shit.

rc deaths agent
03-23-2012, 02:25 AM
It's OK so far but it's not even half the game NG2 is. 1 weapon, no upgrades, one nimpo, no dismemberment, bosses suck, shallow combat, automatic lock on bow etc..

It's ok but i'm really disappointed tbh.

AMentalHell
03-23-2012, 03:39 AM
While it may not be the game we were all hoping for, it is still a very god game in it's own way. I like the fact that because there are no weapon or health upgrades it feels like an old school game from way back. That adds to the challenge IMO. The multiplayer sucks ass tho cuz the netcoding is bad, but the trials are nice. I'll give it a 7.5.

Hashmap
03-23-2012, 05:03 AM
I bought an Xbox for the sole purpose of playing NG1 when it came out. I bought a PS3 to play NG Sigma 1 and 2. After playing this, I want to find a new hobby.

!xobile
03-23-2012, 10:34 AM
While it may not be the game we were all hoping for, it is still a very god game in it's own way. I like the fact that because there are no weapon or health upgrades it feels like an old school game from way back. That adds to the challenge IMO. The multiplayer sucks ass tho cuz the netcoding is bad, but the trials are nice. I'll give it a 7.5.

they pretty much removed everything good about the NG series though. if it aint broken don't touch it. its the same when GTA 4 came out for me. it was good but no where near as good as san andreas. they had removed all the fun free roaming capabilities

xfactorhatesu
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
I just finished hard and as I was playing kept hoping it was going to get better. It didn't :( As someone else posted the story just seemed like a MGS rip. Normally I wouldn't care (haven't before) but everything that was great in the previous games was stripped away. What absolutely set me off during the game was the unresponsive controls and the friggin camera! I think Ryu was so human that he was afraid to slide whenever I told him too and the camera liked to hide behind doors leaving me blind AND the auto correct wouldn't do anything for me. Of course this only got worse when I started MN with the incredibly unacceptable amount of lag. Just terrible and it really makes me sad. :(

Devolon
03-23-2012, 06:57 PM
What absolutely set me off during the game was the unresponsive controls and the friggin camera!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the controls are less than responsive.

Just started trials mode, and I think the heart and soul of the game can be found there TBH. Good fun, SP is nice, co-op is kinda fun even though the netcode isn't reliable enough. The fights are much more interesting than in story mode IMO, the pacing is better and the opposition is more varied. And it forces you to play without the ridiculously overpowered dragon ninpo. I'm still very skeptical about the new battle engine, but trials mode is worth your time for a quick fix of bloody hack n'slash.

Evo Kazz
03-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Tried it on another profile and I love it, I dont see how everyones bitching about it, I think sometimes people expect too much and dont know a good thing when it fucks them in the face.

rc deaths agent
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Tried it on another profile and I love it, I dont see how everyones bitching about it, I think sometimes people expect too much and dont know a good thing when it fucks them in the face. Did you play NG2? If so then you should know why most people are bitching about 3. Every feature of the game hase been stripped down to almost nothing.

If you havn't played 2 i recommend you play it...go buy it right now and play it. It's blows 3 out of the water in every aspect.

Dark Anaconda
03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
The worst NG Game i have ever played, there are so many things they could have made much better.

More Weapons
Steel on Bone + Dismembering the enemies /limbs flying
MORE Blood
Different Ninpos
THe controll seems to be "heavier" than in the previous games, sometimes i had the feeling that i didn`t had controll over the character. Its like i have to hold the Left Analog Stick much harder to make him finally "move".
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MOVESET??? I am spamming Izuna Drops 24/7 hours a day man...there are just a few Moves i am using...i am using them all but its still just a few ...

Instead of playing with multiplayer character in the trials ,they could have give us the opportunity to play with Ryu ,JOE HAYABUSA, Momiji, Ayane ,Kasumi and Hayate > as DLC , and as Theodore in his "Unmasked Form".

Take care: SPoiler Alert!

In the end of the game i was like: "OMG is ryu truly gonne make a family with Mizuki and Canna?
I was like: NOOO FUCK NOO ,don`t get together with this "used" biatch Mizuki and don`t adopt Canna as your own daughter ,that would be ridicilous!!

"Oh yeah Canna is going to be her new daughter ,and if she grows up ,she can be the new star in the NG Games ,and she can be a nice "Lollipop Chainsaw Copy" ,>>> for one moment i thought this is going to happen ,but i am glad that this didn`t happened...i was shocked when Mizuki said; "She wants you as her Daddy and me as her mother"..god this made me angry...

I mean ryu has to fuck and titjob Momiji or Kasumi and make an own family with her ;not with that "used" Mizuki!!!

I was so angry for a moment at some part of the storyline...

There are so many things to complain...i will continue...

look at the lack of movesets LOL ,what do i play? Fucking Dynasty Warriors 8??? Oh yeah i know why ,because "Koei " is involved now in the project right? Fucking bastards

Dude ,they could have made sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better , i don`t know what they are thinking...i played the DoA5 Demo and it was pretty awesome.

So my question is: WHY do they doing this to NG? And why is DoA5 so amazing at the other side?

I can`t explain myself.

I could discuss this for 1 month without taking a break, there are TOO many things to complain about.

I wanted to accept it..but its hard... i am trying to enjoy and complete this game and then i will switch to DMC HD Collection.

NG3 is a dissappointment for me as a NG Veteran ,but its still a awesome action hackn slash game for people who never played NG Games before.

FACT:

They put their energy 50% in Singleplayer and 50% Multiplayer ,they should have put their DAMN energy in 100% Singleplayer Game...and after that they should have made a DLC for 800 Microsoft Points "Trials/Co-op Trials (Mission Mode) with Hero Characters included and with 250G!!

I think Itagaki is also disappointed to see this to the game he created...

Do you guys know ,that Itagaki took his BEST man after he left the company?

That explains it maybe

Evo Kazz
03-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Did you play NG2? If so then you should know why most people are bitching about 3. Every feature of the game hase been stripped down to almost nothing.

If you havn't played 2 i recommend you play it...go buy it right now and play it. It's blows 3 out of the water in every aspect.

I did, I was one of the first people on the site to max it out, I also completed Black and Sigma. NG3 isn't as good, nowhere near, but NG2 was a cult classic, this is still a damn good game guys, just cos they changed a few things up and less gore does not make it shit. Also if u rewind a little and look in the NG2 forums when the game came out, it was full of little bitches saying how it was too hard for them, so they cried about it, those same bitches now haunt these forums comparing it to the epic NG2 lol....People forget their own shit sometimes.

Azrael008uk
03-23-2012, 11:39 PM
I suppose to be fair this is the worst "Ninja Gaiden" game that I've ever played but then the first 2 games reside on such high pedestals I wonder how many mere mortals have actually gotten to seen them through to the end?

"Ninja Gaiden III" is good fun.

Ninja's... check.

Oceans of blood... check.

What more do you really need?

I think one thing veterans of the series really hate about "Ninja Gaiden III" is that the combat is not a mirror copy of "Ninja Gaiden II".

From what I've seen so far the combat in NG II certainly seems deeper but the combat in "Ninja Gaiden III" does not seem as shallow as many people are making it out to be.

It's just new and people need to get to grips with it and become experts with it.

People hate change because it's new and uncertain.

As they get more comfortable with the game I can see people liking this more and more.

Loving it more than the first 2? Maybe not, but enjoying it as a decent game, definately.

Az

Evo Kazz
03-24-2012, 10:29 AM
I suppose to be fair this is the worst "Ninja Gaiden" game that I've ever played but then the first 2 games reside on such high pedestals I wonder how many mere mortals have actually gotten to seen them through to the end?

Ninja's... check.

I think one thing veterans of the series really hate about "Ninja Gaiden III" is that the combat is not a mirror copy of "Ninja Gaiden II".

From what I've seen so far the combat in NG II certainly seems deeper but the combat in "Ninja Gaiden III" does not seem as shallow as many people are making it out to be.

It's just new and people need to get to grips with it and become experts with it.

As they get more comfortable with the game I can see people liking this more and more.

Loving it more than the first 2? Maybe not, but enjoying it as a decent game, definately.

Az

Excellent post.:woop:

D347H0FL0V3
03-25-2012, 08:21 PM

Ninja's... check.

Az

Completely agreeable. This game isn't better than the first two but it is still a damn good game and a good addition to the Ninja Gaiden series.

CyberEvil
03-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Azrael, I think you're over simplifying it to mask the problems.

1) Movement has been severely hampered and block-canceling a string is no longer possible. Dodging out of a string is also not possible. Couple that with dodging simply not working at all on occasion, even in a neutral state, and we have a problem.

2) Block stun on your character is now absolutely ridiculous. At times you can be caught in a stream of bullets while blocking and dodging out of it simply doesn't work.

3) Buffering has such a huge window now that it's actually detrimental to gameplay. The amount of times I tried to buffer in another move while recovering and got the second or third move in the string is staggering. It also seems to eat guard inputs at times so that instead of a dash you get normal movement.

4) No on-screen meter for UTs. I can understand removing the charge anytime mechanic. But not telling you how close you are to another makes it nearly random, and this is a necessary move on later difficulties.

5) No boss health bars...really?

6) Terrible pacing for story and gameplay.

7) Out of place arena style gameplay. Mr Magic from these boards came up with a perfect new name for this game: Ninja Horde 3. Why the hell am I facing waves of enemies in a hallway or on a street? It's stupid, tedious, and a cheap way to pad length.

I could go on but I'm posting from my phone and don't want to type more. There are so many bafflingly bad design decisions here that I can't even call it a good action game as a concession to my favorite character in gaming. I'm truly disappointed.

Arron114
03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
I agree with everything the last speaker just said .

I know it's hard to spend money then realise something's shit . So you convince yourself it's half decent .

Fact is its not . It's shit . Makes ninja blade look like game of the year .

mrozzzy
03-26-2012, 12:34 AM

Ninja's... check.

Az

Wrong. This game is utter garbage in story mode. Ryu, for the most part, was sleek and fast in NG2 and you were able to pretty much survive any encounter if you were quick enough to use the i-frames and take down enemies quickly. When you died in NG2 in MNM or MN Missions, it was because you screwed up your timing on your iframes or just got shitty luck and got grabbed during a paralyzed frame (aka after an OT/UT). While I raged like fuck when that happened, I can accept that it was either my fault for messing up or just bad luck due to the timing issue with the grabs. This game however, the controls are retarded. I have to constantly mash LS in order to get Ryu to dodge and often times, it costs me my life because I'm off by 0.1 seconds due to slow controls. Furthermore, there is no longer a dash cancel out of many moves. This is essential on MN because the grabs are so devastating. Also, the shuriken cancels have been nerfed and you're now forced to complete the entire sword swing before you can throw a shuriken - again, very gay and costly when you're fighting bosses or the behemoths.

The i-frames on the dash in this game are also random, at best. Case in point: Day 6, MN right outside the temple where you fight the purple fiends, 2 behemoths and the 4-legged fiend. The 4-legged guy often throws his scythe. The i-frames, from a distance, make dodging it very easy. One up close, however, they are no longer as effective as often times the scythe will hit you even during your dash, which cripples your health. Not to mention, when he swings his scythe during a regular attack, it's 50/50 as to whether or not you are going to be invincible or eat massive damage.

The combat in this game is utter shit compared to NG2. It is extremely limited and shallow. Seriously, the only weapon you have is your DS/BotA? Before you go and say that NG2 was just spamming UT's, it was a necessary evil in order to combat the excessive "cheapness" of the master ninja modes (spamming spider ninjas anyone?). Considering there are no instant UT's in this game, you would assume that the steel-on-bone (SoB) would be very prominent to help you out during MNM - it's not. During regular combat, X & Y combos are random as to whether you'll get an SoB or go right into the OT. You're not given any health items (stupid IMO) and you have to build up your UT, so the SoB should be a saving grace for you in order to take down multiple enemies who are grab-happy and swarm you at once, dealing massive damage or causing guard lock. On top of all that, when you eventually do bloody up an enemy and launch the foe, prepping him for an SoB, you will often times auto-target a nearby enemy and attack HIM with Y rather than go into the SoB of the guy mid-air - terrible if you ask me. Oh and when guys are crawling on the ground, I can't count the number of times I've had to hit X in order to FINALLY get the OT in order to build my Ki meter.

All in all, I'm going to 1000 this game (just beat MN), but the combat is completely atrocious and limiting Ryu to one weapon, no ninpo and having to "chip" bosses out is really fucking gay and boring. The game is no longer fast-paced, rather it puts me to sleep or makes me rage due to unresponsive controls/bad programming which I can do nothing about.

4/10 for this game, on a good day - the saving grace being the Trials & surprisingly the MP.

mrozzzy
03-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Azrael, I think you're over simplifying it to mask the problems.

1) Movement has been severely hampered and block-canceling a string is no longer possible. Dodging out of a string is also not possible. Couple that with dodging simply not working at all on occasion, even in a neutral state, and we have a problem.

2) Block stun on your character is now absolutely ridiculous. At times you can be caught in a stream of bullets while blocking and dodging out of it simply doesn't work.

3) Buffering has such a huge window now that it's actually detrimental to gameplay. The amount of times I tried to buffer in another move while recovering and got the second or third move in the string is staggering. It also seems to eat guard inputs at times so that instead of a dash you get normal movement.

4) No on-screen meter for UTs. I can understand removing the charge anytime mechanic. But not telling you how close you are to another makes it nearly random, and this is a necessary move on later difficulties.

5) No boss health bars...really?

6) Terrible pacing for story and gameplay.

7) Out of place arena style gameplay. Mr Magic from these boards came up with a perfect new name for this game: Ninja Horde 3. Why the hell am I facing waves of enemies in a hallway or on a street? It's stupid, tedious, and a cheap way to pad length.

I could go on but I'm posting from my phone and don't want to type more. There are so many bafflingly bad design decisions here that I can't even call it a good action game as a concession to my favorite character in gaming. I'm truly disappointed.

Wow, didn't read your post but you hit every nail on the head. This game is ghastly and a huge embarrassment to the NG franchise.

Foxhound300
03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
I have two problems with this game.

1. Lack of Weapons. It limits what you can do and makes every encounter feel very restrictive.
2. No boss health bars. Makes boss fights far more difficult than they should be, especially vs. the freaking alchemist. Everyone knows that you play based on how much health a boss has.

It's not a great game, it's an average action game. It goes 2>Black>3 for me, but I won't execute this game publicly in central park for its flaws. Maybe give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.