PDA

View Full Version : Master Sergeant Rank

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
One of the criteria is "Find the weak spot of the Matouschka Boss" (Guardian Train)

Does anyone know where it is? I imagine it will be in the last section at the front of the train, but I havent come up with anything.

onkelfossy
03-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I have the same problem ;-)

Don't know where to find this point.

DROGTURIST
03-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I've been trying and can't find it either. Just pummeling the boss with everything you have and killing every part of it isn't enough, so I assume there's some trick to it... Like beating every cart without using a capsule or subweapon and that makes the boss show his weak spot or something.

Edit: Nope, just did it without using anything but regular shots and nothing...

Edit 2: And letting time run out/allowing the train to reach a certain point doesn't seem to make anything happen... I hit the last cart with 90+ seconds left and waited until I had 20 secs before I destroyed the first half of it, then waited at the last part until time ran out and nothing happened.

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Perhaps you have to beat it within a time limit? I am fairly sure there are no alternative targets during the boss fight.

InvidiaViribus
03-21-2012, 07:45 PM
There's a part at the bottom of the last form that lights up white when hit, but is never destroyed. I was thinking maybe reflected shots or unlocking a character would help, but I don't think it would be specific to anything not available to everyone. Why is this so hard to figure out?

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Hmm I had a look Invidia, but I think there is something more obvious we are missing. If its a weak point, doesnt that mean it will give us an advantage over the boss? That might mean it is something consistent throughout the boss perhaps?

DROGTURIST
03-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Considering we destroy every cart along the way to the last one, that seems unlikely. I think it's weak point as in "shoot here to destroy the entire thing," considering you leave the train relatively unscathed when you "kill it" the normal way.

Could be something silly that would never happen in normal play, like letting time run out on the very first cart, which makes him go on the offensive or something. Viribus (hey dude!) makes an interesting point, have to check that out!

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Well, I have scoured the whole train with seeker missiles and no hidden spots showed up, it really is a bit surprising how difficult this spot is to find...

Edit: Found It!

Right at the end, use slow motion and shoot the bar across the two wheels =)

onkelfossy
03-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Well, I have scoured the whole train with seeker missiles and no hidden spots showed up, it really is a bit surprising how difficult this spot is to find...

Edit: Found It!

Right at the end, use slow motion and shoot the bar across the two wheels =)

Thanks. I did it :)

DROGTURIST
03-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Awesome, nice find!

All this grinding on Boss Training has made me realize that you can do silly tricks for a lot of the challenges in the achievements... Like I've never had 10 upgrades for my primary, but after doing Boss Training with 10 set as my starting amount, I've gotten that challenge completed. Same went for 100% hit ratio, immediately recollecting 9 upgrades after getting hit, getting an S rank and defeating a boss with deflecting bullets (as that's one of the things I tried). Pretty silly that it works as a workaround since the achievements are meant to be hard.

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I wouldnt worry though, I dont think you can cheap your way through an arcade 1cc ;)

Definitely going to put in the effort to try and get 200 on this game, I think even with certain methods there will be very difficult tasks that you cannot make easier.

Also, any theories on what the killer piano is?

DROGTURIST
03-21-2012, 10:02 PM
The only difficult tasks are the 1CCs and the A ranks, though. Every other tricky challenge can be cheesed in Boss Training.

I'm assuming the Piano is a hidden mini-boss of some kind. Haven't seen anything that gives me any ideas on where it might show up... Nothing obvious like your ship crashing through a steampunk concert hall or anything. ;)

Has anyone unlocked anything yet, besides pilots? Wondering if there even are more types of capsules, and how we get them. Barring that, I'd like to get the paint jobs at least.

Also, there's a challenge that's something like "beat the game with alternative narration on," and I assumed that would mean we unlock an option after beating story mode...but nope.

Edit: Oh, here's an idea someone might be able to try before I can do it: since story mode saves your progress, what happens if you dashboard when you die? Should make one of the 1CC's easy.

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 10:12 PM
For the narration, did you complete story mode on normal or challenging? It will only unlock on challenging :)

DROGTURIST
03-21-2012, 10:25 PM
So I figured out another easy one. If you start story mode from a late level and beat it without continuing (I started on level V), you get the "Story 1CC" challenge. How's that for cheesing a 1CC, dude? ;)

Guess I can just do the last boss on challenging then, thanks for the tip!

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Hmm well to be honest, if you can arcade 1cc the game, you would of done things like getting an S rank and maxing your weapon many times over :)

As for 1cc in Story, I will give that a shot, although I think arcade mode will need lots of practice :)

DROGTURIST
03-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Have you unlocked the alternative narration? When I did the last boss on challenging, I got a gamer picture, so the game obviously considers that mode completed... But how do I turn the narration on?

EpicPandemic
03-21-2012, 11:10 PM
I havent actually tried it yet, but when I finished it on challenging, it said I had unlocked alternative narration and the "true" ending.

VixyNyan
03-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Also, any theories on what the killer piano is?
It's a huge piano that falls on you.

Somewhere in the game, a score token that has ??? marked on it will appear (it might be random or by picking up enough score tokens). Pick it up and something HUGE will fall on you!! While playing Challenging Story Mode from start to finish, it appeared in Chapter 6. And that's how you unlock the Killer Piano thingy. :3

EpicPandemic
03-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah I found this out the hard way....half way through my arcade playthrough :(

DROGTURIST
03-23-2012, 04:25 AM
I got the piano in story mode on chapter V, I think it is, at the part where you travel up this sort of "staircase" with little trains running along each "step." I did have a good run picking up score tokens in the first 3 chapters but after that I missed a few and stopped caring, so I don't think I even had a 100k score token going when I got the piano.

Did you guys find it in a different spot/different circumstances?

Helg0r
03-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Found it in boss training on the first boss. I guess it has nothing to do with score tokens and just appears randomly...

EpicPandemic
03-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah I think its completely random, I got it from the bugs before the fire cave in cardinal canyon.

DROGTURIST
03-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys. I really hope it's a random thing that can only happen once. If it happened towards the end of an arcade 1CC, I'd be pretty furious.

InvidiaViribus
03-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks guys. I really hope it's a random thing that can only happen once. If it happened towards the end of an arcade 1CC, I'd be pretty furious.

Man who the shit thought this was a good idea. Who thought randomized powerups were a good idea too. I just picked it pretty late in arcade. It is random, and happens more than once in any mode. The color is a different shade of blue, so don't recklessly pick up every shiny thing in your path.

VixyNyan
03-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Speaking of the ranks, you don't have to "Destroy Siriad" in Arcade. All you have to do is just reach the stage itself and it will be COMPLETED. ^u^

No 1CC "just yet" (will do it eventually), but I managed to do the "primary weapon only" run.

TerreBullet
03-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Man who the shit thought this was a good idea. Who thought randomized powerups were a good idea too. I just picked it pretty late in arcade. It is random, and happens more than once in any mode. The color is a different shade of blue, so don't recklessly pick up every shiny thing in your path.

The random power ups are annoying, i'd like consistency rather than have to pray i get what i want.

The movement took alot of time for me to get to grips with.

Also that shitty piano really did happen to me half way through stage 5... of a 1cc It's not just a one time event either, as i've seen the token twice before; it looks so like a silver coin, so be careful.

VixyNyan
03-24-2012, 01:33 AM
OK, I officially got 1CC Arcade now~ <3

The pilot you choose doesn't matter, but pick the one that you feel has the most useful sub-weapon.

What you want to use is GE-22 ship (spread weapon with enough firepower) and Reflection capsule. Try to keep all your firepower as long as you can, and try NOT to use Reflection that much (unless you are really desperate and MUST use it in a tight situation). The thing is, when you have full capsule and pick up a blue orb, you will get a Shield. Very important to survive most hazards, like the flamethrower cave, Domus boss, and so on. Also Reflection is the best capsule to use to get past all of Domus' laser attacks, so you can reach the targets quickly.

But most of the time, try to just stick with your primary weapon, and try to max it out as much as you can. It will be a good practice for the "primary weapon only" run later if you haven't done it yet.

phiona
03-24-2012, 06:40 AM
to have an overview, you have to..

.. 1cc arcade mode, but most likely not on insane (superplay)
.. 1cc story mode, where you also can load up the last level no matter the difficulty ?
.. and do primary weapon only run in arcade or story ?

thats all?

sorry to ask but i do find shmups rather confusing all the time with tons of modes like novice and all, because i just want to get good at them and dodge everything on screen

i also dont get the rank things, looks rather stupid, kill 200 enemies, die on purpose.. looks stupid really

Helg0r
03-24-2012, 09:26 PM
OK, I officially got 1CC Arcade now~ <3 (...)

That was fast. Well the GE-22 is obviously the best choice and I figured that you don't get capsules if you have said attribute maxed out (resulting in a lot of shields and time extends).

Any other strategies beside that or just practice? I can't stop thinking that the roll-back capsule is more usefull than reflection, that way you can easily revise errors... (of course this is of no use during a primary weapon only run...) Domus is very easy once you got his pattern down, no need to use reflection for the 3rd phase...

VixyNyan
03-24-2012, 11:06 PM
[/URL]http://www.trueachievements.com/100club.aspx?gameid=4290 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/www.trueachievements.com/100club.aspx?gameid=4290)
[URL]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamegamer.aspx?gameid=4290
Yay~ 12 of 12! I'm done~ >w<

That was fast. Well the GE-22 is obviously the best choice and I figured that you don't get capsules if you have said attribute maxed out (resulting in a lot of shields and time extends).

Any other strategies beside that or just practice?

Yea GE-22 is great once you reach enough firepower, since it has spread and is useful to reach specific targets when you have laser shots or other enemy projectiles in your way.

You should only use Reflection when it's needed. Yes, it's still possible to get a blue Shield orb even if your capsule isn't full, but it's better to have the capsule as full as possible so you can get Shield more often. Also Extend is very important if you want to stay long enough against Domus' final phase (with the red lasers), so you can last longer, specially in the Primary Weapon run.

The only real strategy is to just keep an eye on where each of the boss targets are located. You don't have to worry about any projectiles if you just hurry up and strike the targets before the boss manage to do anything. Also the closer you are with your weapon (specially when spread is involved), you deal more damage and can beat the boss faster.

Also if you want to attempt Arcade 1CC (if you plan on doing Primary Weapon in a later run), I suggest using the Cluster Bomb against Domus, specially against his final target, since Cluster Bomb can fly through walls and hit far away targets~ :3

DROGTURIST
03-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Personally, I think the Merenstein is better than the GE-22. I always prefer a tight shot with more damage, though the damage difference between the two is really minor. I guess we can all agree that the middle one, whatever it's called, is the worst one. The spread's not very wide and it's not very strong either.

[/URL]http://www.trueachievements.com/100club.aspx?gameid=4290 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/www.trueachievements.com/100club.aspx?gameid=4290)
[URL]http://www.trueachievements.com/gamegamer.aspx?gameid=4290
Yay~ 12 of 12! I'm done~ >w<Nice jobbat! Bara att börja på Guwange då. :p

yamayamayaamaa
03-31-2012, 10:24 PM
I havent actually tried it yet, but when I finished it on challenging, it said I had unlocked alternative narration and the "true" ending.

Did you beat it from start to finish on challenging to unlock that?
Edit: Answered my own question. Yes you have to beat the whole game.

What about "Complete story using only your primary weapon." Can you not use time capsule for this one? Because I just beat it with only those 2 buttons and it didn't unlock...
Edit: Well, I just beat the alternate story with just the primary weapon and nothing else then it unlocked. :)

Edit: Also, is anyone working on a guide? This game really needs one lol...

IDarK VorteXX
04-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Can anyone tell me how to complete the same stage with all plane types for the First Lieutenant achievement?

I did it on Arcade and Score Attack but it did not count.