PDA

View Full Version : So how hard is it?

xXSauliuSXx
03-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2 was a bitch when I first started it, but eventually I got my 1000 (still haven't finished the DLC), but I have read a lot of reviews from fans who are upset with a supposed abondoment of the extreme difficulty in NG3.

So has anyone beat it on master ninja yet? Is it toned down a lot since the last game or is it still a 10/10?

TheLegendOf1977
03-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Its nothing like previous Ninja gaidens, i started on hard and yes i die a lot but not like in 1 or 2 where it was skill based. This time around its more of a button masher then a skill game.
Overall i'd say its easier then 1 or 2 because i'm having the same difficulty with enemies (be it for a diffirent reason) on hard now then i had on normal with the previous games..

a7x4lyf3
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
It's difficult, not incredibly hard but nowhere near being easy either, if you do play on hard the enemies attacks don't really damage you too much, but the grabbing is excessive, much more than past ninja gaidens, and they are literally overpowered.

JiveT
03-22-2012, 12:01 AM
yeah the grabbing is really annoying with some creatures they give you a tell that they are about to grab you but for the most part if its human they don't and they just grab you and there is nothing you can do about it plus the grab moves do a crazy amount of damage

games design is weird

xXSauliuSXx
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like master ninja will still be a bit of a challenge.

The reviews are in now, and it sounds like the game kinda bombed... might have to put this one off for a while.

a7x4lyf3
03-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like master ninja will still be a bit of a challenge.

The reviews are in now, and it sounds like the game kinda bombed... might have to put this one off for a while. It's a very good game, not as good as past Ninja Gaiden's but it's a good game nonetheless, if you're going to put it off because of bad reviews then I'm sorry but you're kind of dumb.

forkbomb
03-27-2012, 01:19 AM
Perhaps I'm alone on this, but I find this game to be harder than the others. I broke a controller over it.

My biggest gripe is the number of waves of enemies. 2-3 waves is fine, but why does it have to be 8+ waves of increasingly difficult enemies and no checkpoints all the time?

Oh you finally just beat that set of 8 waves, congratulations! Walk forward 20 feet for your reward, another set of 8 waves! There is no concept of pacing with this game.

Zero619
03-27-2012, 07:36 AM
It's a very good game, not as good as past Ninja Gaiden's but it's a good game nonetheless, if you're going to put it off because of bad reviews then I'm sorry but you're kind of dumb.

I 100% agree with you bud, I started playing NG 2 last month and really got into it last week to get hyped for NG 3. NG2 is insanely difficult but it's so rewarding when you succeed. NG3 is nothing like the previous games but it's still a solid game. I really don't get how it is getting thrashed so badly, it is far from garbage, i'd rate it a solid 8/10. Sure the button mashing is a tad tedious but it's still fun to slice through waves of enemies and pull off some neat moves. I miss the gameplay from NG 2 but this game is still tons of fun.

You can't let butthurt fanboys discourage you from trying it out. Yes it is an entirely different game as opposed to the previous ones, but it's still Ryu whooping ass in style.

Zero619
03-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Perhaps I'm alone on this, but I find this game to be harder than the others. I broke a controller over it.

My biggest gripe is the number of waves of enemies. 2-3 waves is fine, but why does it have to be 8+ waves of increasingly difficult enemies and no checkpoints all the time?

Oh you finally just beat that set of 8 waves, congratulations! Walk forward 20 feet for your reward, another set of 8 waves! There is no concept of pacing with this game.

lol sounds like NG2

Rune Ocarina
03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
lol sounds like NG2

It's way too noticeable in this game. On rare occasions you could skip fighting in the older games. Here, you're forced to fight every fight (unless I missed an area where I could skip a fight) After using your ninpo - which kills everyone on screen - you already have the screen filled with the next wave of guys attacking you.

TheLegendOf1977
03-27-2012, 08:52 PM
It's way too noticeable in this game. On rare occasions you could skip fighting in the older games. Here, you're forced to fight every fight (unless I missed an area where I could skip a fight) After using your ninpo - which kills everyone on screen - you already have the screen filled with the next wave of guys attacking you.

There are a few areas where you can skip the fights, the ones where you have to do the wall flips to get up...

Strid
03-27-2012, 11:03 PM
I really don't get how it is getting thrashed so badly

Because it's the epitome of a modern game. Something most of us Ninja Gaiden fans loved about the series is that it didn't take refuge among the droves of other modern games. Now there is nothing setting it apart from any other mindless hack-n-slash, at least for those of us who played NG Xbox and II enough to be good at them. And what's worse, it doesn't even have half the content most games of this sort have, so to be fair to them, it's only a half-assed modern game.

All that said, I can't agree with the folks who are torn up about it either. They should have realized what was going to happen after Sigma II. Their loyalties are very much misplaced. They shouldn't be with Tecmo, Team Ninja, nor the Ninja Gaiden namesake, but only with Itagaki. When Itagaki left so did the idea that making games for retards, like everyone else anymore, is not a priority. They'll be more bad ass, challenging games from him, they just wont be under the same name.

Now, if Devil's Third turns out to be "Devil's Turd" then I'd say we get the rope ready.