PDA

View Full Version : Wondering what the best way to tackle these games are

pravado
03-21-2012, 11:21 PM
For the 10 star rating, do all the requirements (for the other achievements, like the 2 saves / enemies killed / boat time) have to be done in one playthrough, or do they carry over adding to your rank the next playthrough?

For example, if I got the beat the game in under 3 hours achievement on my first playthrough, and got say... 4 stars, would I then be able to start a new game on that save file and have the requirement for beating it under 3 hours put towards the 10 star rank on that playthrough, or would I have to do that playthrough in under 3 hours as well?

Also, if someone could list how to get each ending without spoiling anything that'd be great.

Mei Ninja
03-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you'd have to do all the requirements for a 10-star rating in a single playthrough. I don't think anything carries over as far as your rating is concerned into subsequent playthroughs.

Mei Ninja
03-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Also I tried to type up a quick guide to the endings of Silent Hill 2 for you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Obtain Maria Ending
Treat Maria nicely when she's with you. Just walk when you're with her and don't allow her to take a lot a damage and definitely don't attack her. In the hospital, visit her a lot. During the end there is a long sequence running down a corridor where some dialogue will play; exit the corridor before the dialogue has a chance to finish. Don't examine Mary's picture in your inventory.

Obtain Leave Ending
Treat Maria poorly. Run away without letting her catch up while she's with you, allow her to take damage, etc. Don't talk to her while she's in the hospital. Try to keep James in good health throughout the game. Don't read the diary on the roof of the hospital. Examine Mary's picture in your inventory often.

Obtain In Water Ending
Play the game as if you don't care if James dies. Examine Angela's Knife often. Try to keep James in low health if possible. Read the diary on the roof of the hospital. Also treat Maria poorly as you would in the Leave ending.

Obtain The Dog Ending
Clear the Maria, Leave, and In Water endings OR clear the Rebirth Ending. Once you do this, you will be able to find the DOG key inside a Doghouse near Jack's Inn in Southvale Silent Hill. Then use the Dog Key in the Observation Room in the Lakeview Hotel to get this ending.

Obtain Rebirth Ending
Rebirth Ending can only be obtained in a replay game. Collect the Obsidian Goblet, the White Chrism, the Book of Memories, and the Book of Crimson Ceremony. Once you beat the game, you will get the Rebirth Ending.

Obtain the UFO Ending
Use the Blue Gem in the following locations: Alternate Brook Haven Hospital's gardenke, the dock (before you get on the boat), and lastly room 312 in the Lakeview Hotel. Using it in room 312 will end the game and the UFO ending will begin.

Phew. I THINK that's all of it. If you have any questions or if anyone notices that I've typed something incorrectly (it's been quite a while since I've played Silent Hill 2, but I did play it a lot back in the day) feel free to let me know.

ulyss3s
04-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Yes, you have do complete all the requirements in a single play through. It's tough, but possible.

sleepymexican45
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm on my second playthrough and have decided to go for the ufo ending, then load save, get rebirth (load save before the ending then dont use the blue gem). Then I thought, I might be able to get the Maria ending too (do the requirements, and don't pick up the last Rebirth item in the Hotel.

It's a little complicated but is this possible or do the blue gem using and collecting rebirth' items throughout the game decide the ending before the hotel??

I know I have to get all endings seperately for the 10* rating but I'm never going to try it so I'm just getting the ending achievements. Thanks.

zhoban
04-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Also I tried to type up a quick guide to the endings of Silent Hill 2 for you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Obtain Maria Ending
Treat Maria nicely when she's with you. Just walk when you're with her and don't allow her to take a lot a damage and definitely don't attack her. In the hospital, visit her a lot. During the end there is a long sequence running down a corridor where some dialogue will play; exit the corridor before the dialogue has a chance to finish. Don't examine Mary's picture in your inventory.

Obtain Leave Ending
Treat Maria poorly. Run away without letting her catch up while she's with you, allow her to take damage, etc. Don't talk to her while she's in the hospital. Try to keep James in good health throughout the game. Don't read the diary on the roof of the hospital. Examine Mary's picture in your inventory often.

Obtain In Water Ending
Play the game as if you don't care if James dies. Examine Angela's Knife often. Try to keep James in low health if possible. Read the diary on the roof of the hospital. Also treat Maria poorly as you would in the Leave ending.

Obtain The Dog Ending
Clear the Maria, Leave, and In Water endings OR clear the Rebirth Ending. Once you do this, you will be able to find the DOG key inside a Doghouse near Jack's Inn in Southvale Silent Hill. Then use the Dog Key in the Observation Room in the Lakeview Hotel to get this ending.

Obtain Rebirth Ending
Rebirth Ending can only be obtained in a replay game. Collect the Obsidian Goblet, the White Chrism, the Book of Memories, and the Book of Crimson Ceremony. Once you beat the game, you will get the Rebirth Ending.

Obtain the UFO Ending
Use the Blue Gem in the following locations: Alternate Brook Haven Hospital's gardenke, the dock (before you get on the boat), and lastly room 312 in the Lakeview Hotel. Using it in room 312 will end the game and the UFO ending will begin.

Phew. I THINK that's all of it. If you have any questions or if anyone notices that I've typed something incorrectly (it's been quite a while since I've played Silent Hill 2, but I did play it a lot back in the day) feel free to let me know.
I would recommend for the In Water ending adding in that you should view the message to James in Neely's Bar, listen to the headphones in the Reading Room of the Lakeview Hotel and listen to the entire conversation between James and Mary throughout the final hallway. Personally I think that the message to James in Neely's Bar is more important than the headphones in the Reading Room. I went through the entire game the time I was attempting to go for the In Water ending and didn't view the message in Neely's Bar but did everything else and I got the Maria ending. I have no idea how since I was constantly looking at the knife, picture of Mary and the letter. However the second time I got hit about two or three times from a few random enemies, never healed until the fight with the two Pyramid Head creatures but however I read the message in Neely's Bar but didn't listen to the headphones in the Reading Room and I got the In Water ending.