PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Sound Issues?

Mei Ninja
03-21-2012, 11:27 PM
So I've been playing through Silent Hill 3 first because it's always been my favourite. However I've just completed the hospital and I've noticed some sound issues, particularly with the submachine gun and the nurses.

Almost any time I'd whack a nurse with my melee weapon of choice (it was the katana at this point), I'd get some funky sound glitches where the sound would freak out until the nurse was dead. To describe the sound, all you'd have to do is add some heavy bass and you'd get some really crazy dubstep music. Same thing happened when I opened up on Leonard with the submachine gun. The game's framerate dropped to total crap and the sound went all stupid until the fight was over.

Anyone else have problems like this? I hope if it's a widespread issue, they'll release a patch for it or something. It's pretty annoying, though not game-breaking.

EliteShadowMan
03-22-2012, 12:43 AM
I only had issues with the save sound on sh2 being weird.

Just started sh3 and the machine gun sound cuts out too. The first cutscene where heather shoots the Closer, the gunshots effects were off and seemed worse than the original.

Wondering if i should just wait for a patch at this point and just finish my SH2 achievements first? It's sad cause i never got out of the mall when i was younger, so i was looking forward to being able to play it.

Ceris
03-22-2012, 04:29 AM
PS3 just got a patch for 200MB to fix the issues with the HD collection. If you look in the first impressions thread, you can see that this game (SH3) is giving me a lot of trouble. The majority of the problems started with the hospital. Those nurses really fuck up your framerate and sound. Walk into those rooms with three of them? You get to play at ~10FPS.

And for the sound... It got to the point where my headset couldn't handle it and it actually affected (or is it effected? I don't know the rule) the chat sound, so while killing nurses, I couldn't hear what my XBL party was saying:eek:

Also, be careful about an problem with freezing. I have had it happen twice now, both times I was mid/late game without saving and it froze...

Here are some issues I can remember on the stop.
-Sounds are backwards, things to your left you hear from the right, and visa versa.
-Bullets out of sync in the cutscene where Heather shoots the Closer
-Radio and Elevator has an extremely short sound that is just looped. (noticeable loop)
-When the subway train stops, the sound is delayed and Heather is mute.
-Once you leave Heaven's Night, the world starts flickering really badly.
-The nurses destroy your sound and framerate.
-Freezing while walking down the streets of Silent Hill
-Freezing in room changes in Amusement Park.

There are probably more, but I can't think of any more, and honestly, I don't want to. This list is waaaay too big already...

EliteShadowMan
03-22-2012, 04:45 AM
PS3 just got a patch for 200MB to fix the issues with the HD collection. If you look in the first impressions thread, you can see that this game (SH3) is giving me a lot of trouble. The majority of the problems started with the hospital. Those nurses really fuck up your framerate and sound. Walk into those rooms with three of them? You get to play at ~10FPS.

And for the sound... It got to the point where my headset couldn't handle it and it actually affected (or is it effected? I don't know the rule) the chat sound, so while killing nurses, I couldn't hear what my XBL party was saying:eek:

Also, be careful about an problem with freezing. I have had it happen twice now, both times I was mid/late game without saving and it froze...

Here are some issues I can remember on the stop.
-Sounds are backwards, things to your left you hear from the right, and visa versa.
-Bullets out of sync in the cutscene where Heather shoots the Closer
-Radio and Elevator has an extremely short sound that is just looped. (noticeable loop)
-When the subway train stops, the sound is delayed and Heather is mute.
-Once you leave Heaven's Night, the world starts flickering really badly.
-The nurses destroy your sound and framerate.
-Freezing while walking down the streets of Silent Hill
-Freezing in room changes in Amusement Park.

There are probably more, but I can't think of any more, and honestly, I don't want to. This list is waaaay too big already...

It's silly that the newer of the two seems to have the most problems. I've already noticed a few things wrong and i only got as far as the first Closer in the game. I'm about to start playing it again since it's almost midnight. Hopefully the game runs well enough and i don't have too many issues.

Mei Ninja
03-22-2012, 05:14 AM
I froze up while loading the very last cutscene of the game, so I had to beat the last boss and everything again. I was pretty annoyed, but all I had to do was load the save I made in the room before the last boss and redo it all again... though if I had been on my 2 saves or less playthrough? Guaranteed I would've been mighty pissed.

Here's hoping they patch this shit and quick. Given all the delays this game had in it's release, you figure they would've caught issues like this prior to now.

EliteShadowMan
03-22-2012, 06:25 PM
I froze up while loading the very last cutscene of the game, so I had to beat the last boss and everything again. I was pretty annoyed, but all I had to do was load the save I made in the room before the last boss and redo it all again... though if I had been on my 2 saves or less playthrough? Guaranteed I would've been mighty pissed.

Here's hoping they patch this shit and quick. Given all the delays this game had in it's release, you figure they would've caught issues like this prior to now.

I could see how the freezing is happening. Everytime i unlock an achievement during a cutscene i get terrible framerate.

Judivarious
03-23-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm playing with the Unlimited Sub Machine Gun on SH3 , and it's driving me nuts how every enemy I go to shoot, I lose sound.

Herr Shaun
03-23-2012, 08:26 AM
It must vary, because I haven't noticed anything like this. There's some sound sync issues in some of the cutscenes, but imo it's not enough to be a big deal.

jakspald22
03-23-2012, 05:03 PM
So I don't know if this is related, or if anyone else is having this problem, but I seem to have broken my game. I completed one play through of sh2 just fine, and then started sh3. When in the hospital I was also experiencing these terrible lag and sound issues (especially with the nurses and the submachine gun). But even worse, right after the part with the mirror, I decided to go back through the double doors to the right, the one's that lead to the hallway and I could no longer see anything but red and black. It's a little hard to explain... but it's like red "splotches" flickering on a black background. Now I used a soft reset because it wasn't going away and when I hit continue it still appeared. So I decided to load a previous save. And it was still there. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of this... or has anyone experienced something similar?

jakspald22
03-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Okay... and now I attempted to start a new game and... well you guessed it, all I see is red and black. Should I just get a new game?

Ceris
03-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Okay... and now I attempted to start a new game and... well you guessed it, all I see is red and black. Should I just get a new game?
Clear Cache on dashboard? Delete your SH3 save somehow? I don't know... This game is pretty broken, and Konami isn't even acknowledging the issues on Xbox, only PS3.

Tha Mantis
03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
So I don't know if this is related, or if anyone else is having this problem, but I seem to have broken my game. I completed one play through of sh2 just fine, and then started sh3. When in the hospital I was also experiencing these terrible lag and sound issues (especially with the nurses and the submachine gun). But even worse, right after the part with the mirror, I decided to go back through the double doors to the right, the one's that lead to the hallway and I could no longer see anything but red and black. It's a little hard to explain... but it's like red "splotches" flickering on a black background. Now I used a soft reset because it wasn't going away and when I hit continue it still appeared. So I decided to load a previous save. And it was still there. Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of this... or has anyone experienced something similar?

Same thing happened to me, I just dash boarded and reloaded my game and it worked fine.

Thicketford
03-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm seriously considering cancelling my pre-order after hearing about all these glitches.:(

Fox Pocket
03-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Using the Unlimited Sub Machine Gun causes the whole game to wig out.

I was in a Live party and even the audio in the voice chat stutters when I use it, it's kind of funny.

EliteShadowMan
03-26-2012, 07:11 AM

Fucking happened to me tonight.....don't know if ill go for 1000gs until some patches are out

oCAJUNally
03-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Right now on SH2, my results screen is taking entire minutes (5-10 min) to simply load in. For a while, I couldn't even save my results. Reseting the game didn't work. Restarting my console didn't work. After trying for 30 minutes I got mad, turned off my box, came back two hours later, and the screen is still lagging HARD, but at least it'll let me save. It's not my hard drive where it's saved that is at fault, either.

Too bad...the only problem I had with the SH2 port before this was the fact that the audio surround was literally backwards in my headset (which is already ridiculous if you ask me, but it fails in comparison to how bad the problems with SH3 are.) :mad:

But hey, let's all look on the bright side. At least, the game isn't freezing every 10 minutes like Syndicate does. :woop:

Thicketford
03-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Just cancelled my pre-order. :( Hopefully there'll be a TU in future to fix these glitches.

EliteShadowMan
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
After i got that dumb glitch last night i rage quit for the night. Finished the hospital today, then started to walk to the amusement park. Guess what happened, my game froze right when i got out of the motels lot. This game is pissing me off beyond belief.