PDA

View Full Version : Which Should I Get?

Brighton X
08-23-2007, 12:44 AM
I want to get another game in the next world but I only want to buy one of the ones in the poll. Any help or opinions on what I should get are wanted.

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 12:50 AM
what poll? and what type of games do you like?
also you sig. gears of war is now 1250 points not 1000.

Brighton X
08-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Well a Thread gets posted before the poll & I know it's out of 1250 I just only care about getting the 1000 right now, same with M:UA.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-23-2007, 12:56 AM
depends what your into...

a lot of replay value..
than madden or graw 2 [for online]

what kind of game are you looking for?

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 12:57 AM
i say Forza 2

veritas347
08-23-2007, 12:59 AM
my vote is either madden or bioshock but it really depends on what type of game you like more

Vista
08-23-2007, 01:00 AM
I say either GRAW 2, bioshock or just wait til stranglehold comes out...

BTW what is M: UA...

Brighton X
I'm up for any of those want them all the same.

Brighton X
I say either GRAW 2, bioshock or just wait til stranglehold comes out...

BTW what is M: UA...

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Maka
08-23-2007, 01:16 AM
For length:
Forza 2 (115 Hours)

For online:
Ghost Recon 2

For single player and an overall good game:
Bioshock

*I voted Bioshock, because you didnt let the voters pick more than one choice.

Brighton X
08-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I didn't even know you could do that.

Cyrex
08-23-2007, 01:23 AM
defiantly Bioshock it has the most replayability it may not be the longest game but all the large gaming magazine's and shows think that this game will be a contender for the game of the year. Personally i think that this game is amazing. I plan on picking it up tomorrow or the day after.

If you are looking for some co-op then get Lego star wars because that in my mind is the best Co-Op experience for the 360 to date

Jdm
08-23-2007, 02:52 AM
I own about half of the games that are available on your poll. Here are my Quick Reviews:

- Crackdown

Tons of Fun and very addictive! Online Co-op is great, as you and a friend can blow things up left and right and watch your stature grow as you level up.

- Lego Star Wars II

The game is a Must-Have for Star War fans...even though some have called it the worst Star Wars game ever.:mad: It's comical and you'll have genuine fun with it. It's however a lengthy game, but with 2 Player Co-op, time flies by!

- Madden 08

EA can finally call themselves the Football "Champs"! Madden 08 has delivered this year. With great graphics that actually resemble the real life players. A "Smart" system, where the A.I. actually gives you a challenge and the return of the Front Office mode where you make the calls to better or worsen your Franchise. I truly believe Madden out plays All-Pro.

- Forza 2

The BEST Racing Sims on the Xbox 360, Period. From Tuning, to creating a custom Design on your car, Forza 2 is a very awesome game. Gran Turismo doesn't have Damage Effects, but Forza does. Forza is however another one of those Lengthy games and can be very repetitive. Hey, you can always Hire a Driver to earn your money.;)

ArtzryD
08-23-2007, 02:57 AM
I've played a few of them, but I have to say I had a lot of fun with Crackdown. It went beyond just the Beta. It takes a ton of time to 100%. The only frustrating aspect is the collection achievements. Other than that, I thought it was a fun take of the third person crime action game.

Nick G 42390
08-23-2007, 06:02 AM
For length:
Forza 2 (115 Hours)

For online:
Ghost Recon 2

For single player and an overall good game:
Bioshock

I agee with him about everything except Bioshock. If your looking for a good single player gae then I'd say The Darkness. It's online is HORRIBLE but the story is excellent. I just finished it and it's a good story and great game play. A few things about kinda suck and get old fast(shooting out lights) but you get that in every game.

thecrazyguy
08-23-2007, 08:39 AM
For single Player I would have to say Bioshock. It is simply amazing. Good length, good story, and great fun. Second choice I'd have to say The Darkness, has a great story, and it's not your average run and gun, the darkness powers add great fun.

But if you want a really really long game, Forza 2 all the way. And even tho it's just a racing game, it will really suck you in! Very addicting.

duckydan
08-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I would go with Bioshock. I played most of the others and wasn't as impressed and Bioshock had me hooked immediately.

Comon ST
08-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Im going to go outside the norm, and say don't get Bioshock. I feel that the game isn't worth the hype. Myself, I would get one of these games:

- Lego Starwars II
- Madden NFL 08
- Forza 2
- GRAW 2

I played Lego Starwars, and I played the demo for the others, they are all awsome. If your looking for a game thats amazing, but isn't on your list, go get Shadowrun.

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-23-2007, 03:40 PM
It depends what kind of experience you are looking for. If you are going for a single player experience, play Bioshock or the Darkness as both are excellent single player games. If you like racing... well... If you want sports... well... it's a very strange poll. If you want my advice (cause I've already beaten most of the games on that poll) I would get them in this order...

Bioshock
The Darkness
Overlord
GRAW2
Crackdown
Forza
Lego Star Wars

Rent:
Madden 08, you can get all the achievements in one day.

CaPwN
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Bioshock, then Crackdown.

ZKRefleX
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
This shouldn't even be a question, as long as your fond of shooters, Bioshock is probably the best game out at the moment (atleast in my eyes).

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
dont get bioshock. if anything rent bioshock. my friend beat it on the hardest level in less then 20hours. dont buy it!!

o0EVIL0o x360a
08-23-2007, 09:24 PM
I beat Oblivion in less than 24 gaming hours, so what is that not a "buy" game?? (I already passed it on the PC so I knew exactly how to do it and I turned the difficulty to nothing lol)

Regardless, the people that put together that work of art deserve your money. Go buy it, hell go buy the collector's edition. If you rent it, you are doing it a disservice. Give the company your money so they may make the next masterpiece.

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 09:37 PM
haha. rent it. they dont need your money the game sucks.

yoyojovan
08-24-2007, 02:59 AM
those are cool games, but i'd say either madden 08 or bioshock.

BackerMan
08-24-2007, 03:25 AM
yeah I would pick either bioshock or madden o8.

TheRealist50
08-24-2007, 03:38 AM
I'd say madden, it always keeps me playing...I played 07 up till 08 came out. I can't do that with much games.

Graham31004
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Bioshock is hands down the best story line on 360. Doesn't have too much replayability but it's worth every cent. You can tell they put time and money into the game/story.

Mirksta
08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
For value for money, I'd go with Crackdown. From what I've heard Bioshock is great but when it ends, it ends. No online means it has a very short life, even with different difficulties. I've played it at a friends, but I'm gonna rent it for myself to see if it truly is worthwhile.

o Mandrick o
08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Forza 2 - great to start and difficult to get the hang of but once you start turning the assist sof (which are great to get you going) then the game opens up in terms of fun and honing your lapping techniques. Totally customisable in every respect so cars that are normally rubbish you can tame and make them fun to drive (with a lot of prattling about and testing). Really good online if you get a good group. I was on for the first proper session las tnght having had several annoying experiences with stock car racers. I'm currently workin gon three hours sleep and feeling dreadful. 40 quid very well sent and worth the hideousness I'm going through now.
This game really is as indepth as you want to make it which in itself is a bit of a novelty.
Later races can be boring and simply not enough tracks. Some fors and some againsts but overall its nothign short of great news.

Crackdown - great game. Good co-op but collecting them blinkin orbs....aaargh!
Highly recommended though especially with the free content download via Marketplace.

Lego Star Wars II:-
Its not amazing but it is great fun. Co-op is great in the fact you can enter and leave as and when you please. Chep anad cheerful and well worth a blast on a sunday afternoon. think I've clocked up about 35 hours on it I think and i'm 80% done.

I'd recommend the Darkness although I've not played much of it, about 2 hours so far (Forza to be completed first - just need cars now). Looking forward to getting back on that. A good twist on the FPS genre. Already I want to punch Uncle Paulie though! :)

My 002s anyway. Any and you're unlikely to be disappointed.

austin rules
08-24-2007, 11:47 PM
if the choice is up to me it would be bioshock even though it doesnt have multiplayer