PDA

View Full Version : Message in a bottle achievement

xWindcallerx
03-22-2012, 04:22 AM
I seem to be having trouble with this one. Anyone have tips on where to find these? I seem to have number 7, though I am not sure where I got it now. I may have sold some others without looking a while back. If I had the locations I could search where they were and figure out which if any I picked up and what I am missing...but I have as of yet found any others at all.

zszaiss
03-22-2012, 05:35 AM
Some tips:
1. I've noticed that you find them in storyline order.
2. They appear on the detailed map (when you hit Select) with a reagant symbol, but *NOT* on the mini-map. I'm maxed out on Detect Hidden and have the Dowsing Rod from Amazon's Pre-Order DLC... not sure if either of those influence what I'm seeing.

Here's the ones I remember:

#1 - Near the starting area, where you wash ashore.
#2 - Just east of Souldeep Fasting
#3 - In front of the Tidal Pools. Make your way to the highest lookout point in Cape Solace to jump down.
#4 - Northeastern part of Scuttle Beach
#? - At the end of Undersea Fasting

Not sure whether that last one is 5 or 7, and I can't remember where the other one was.

Still missing 6 and 8, but I know one of them is on the Eastern portion of the Northern Coast. I wasn't able to reach this area before beating Dead Kel... however, after beating him, I got a follow-up quest that seemed to take me there (even though I didn't play it). Going by my first tip, I'm guessing that's #8.

switchfreak83
03-22-2012, 06:30 AM
#3 - In front of the Tidal Pools. Make your way to the highest lookout point in Cape Solace to jump down.

#6 In the clearing at the end of Mudhold Fasting
#7 Near the end of Undersea Fasting
#8 Just outside of Brigand's Hideaway

VitaminAmy
03-22-2012, 12:10 PM
#5 is near Aubrey Gilcrest on the other side of the water

xWindcallerx
03-22-2012, 12:24 PM
thanks for the info, I will have to check in a bit. I may have gotten others without knowing it(I usually dont look at loot anymore) and sold it at the vendor by accident. I hope you dont need them all in your inventory for the achievement to pop. I do know number 7 is in my possession.

EDIT: if they are showing up as a reagent then thats why I likely have missed them. I dont see those on my map at all and I stopped looting them once I got green thumb(2100 harvests later).

SOG Random
03-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the location of #5 Vitaminamy it was the only one I was missing

Hansathan
03-22-2012, 01:21 PM

#6 In the clearing at the end of Mudhold Fasting
#8 Just outside of Brigand's Hideaway

#5 is near Aubrey Gilcrest on the other side of the water

Thanks to all 3 of you guys! I will be using this thread when I download the dlc later this week.

xWindcallerx
03-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Awesome. With playing this game so long I was just being inattentive. They are fairly easy to miss if your not looking for them or miss the press A pop up.

For others looking, they Look like a wine bottle on the ground, no sparkle etc.

SpiderLink
03-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Just popping in to say thanks, guys. This was the last achievement I needed. Thanks a lot!

zszaiss
03-22-2012, 05:27 PM
@switchfreak83 - thanks! I had gone through Mudhold Fasting just before posting the first 4 - and didn't follow my own tips. Sigh. I guess I was too caught up with the other quests to check for the bottle.

R6 DANNY
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
I can't find the bottle #7

I'm italian and I cannot understant where Undersea Fasting is...
can anyone post me an image of the map location or explain me where is the bottle?

Thanks

pRo iamKilla
05-29-2012, 01:29 AM
can anyone please give me a more specific spot as to where #8 is i cant find it at all

pRo iamKilla
05-29-2012, 01:38 AM
nevermind i found #8 its not right outside brigands hideaway its looking away from it towards the water to the left behind a bush. more specific

Artemadorous
10-26-2012, 01:33 AM
I have a strange issue... took a break from the game for a bit. When I came back I checked my inventory to see what I had left to find on these. I have Number 3 twice. Anyone else have this issue? I'm hoping it doesn't mean one of the 2 I'm missing duplicated and won't count.