PDA

View Full Version : Exterminator Achievement Not Unlocking

ASCENSI0N2HEAVN
03-22-2012, 08:37 AM
I been killing scavs for the past hour in a half and nothing. Has anyone had the same problem with this achievement?

some Irish guys
03-22-2012, 08:57 PM
I been killing scavs for the past hour in a half and nothing. Has anyone had the same problem with this achievement?

I'm in the same boat, I started a tally and I've killed 63 without getting an achievement. Wtf...

ASCENSI0N2HEAVN
03-22-2012, 09:07 PM
I even avoided fighting the other enemies and made the scavs my main priority. After killing more than 50 nothing unlocked. I even killed them in stealth mode and that took a while to get to 50.

JONBLEACH
03-22-2012, 09:32 PM
I just got his achievement a little but ago, i hadnt kept track since i started playing the new dlc. Im missing only 1 achievement and ive clocked in 8 hours with the dead kel dlc so far.

M1ST
03-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Where are you guys farming scavs at?

some Irish guys
03-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Where are you guys farming scavs at?
Hopping between Undersea, Cliffbreak, and Souldeep killing the Scavs in them. Then I have to wait a bit so I do other tasks and stuff in between, then repeat.

M1ST
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Hopping between Undersea, Cliffbreak, and Souldeep killing the Scavs in them. Then I have to wait a bit so I do other tasks and stuff in between, then repeat.

Thanks ... also a helpful tip is instead of waiting you can go to your house and sleep for 24 hrs and they will respawn

ASCENSI0N2HEAVN
03-22-2012, 10:05 PM
It's like the borderland robot revolution add on all over again. I believe unlocking the give her a hand achievement prevents this achievement from being unlocked.

ASCENSI0N2HEAVN
03-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks ... also a helpful tip is instead of waiting you can go to your house and sleep for 24 hrs and they will respawn

I was doing this as well and still nothing.

KeepEmRolling
03-23-2012, 03:49 AM
It's like the borderland robot revolution add on all over again. I believe unlocking the give her a hand achievement prevents this achievement from being unlocked.

I just unlocked exterminator as my last achievement so that's not the sole cause if it's glitched.

ASCENSI0N2HEAVN
03-23-2012, 05:29 AM
I even tried it on a second profile it took a while and i did the same thing that i did on my main profile and it still happened nothing. I guess the game doesnt like me or my console :(

Onelastbreath
03-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm gonna start the DLC at the weekend, i hope i don't run into this. Does anybody have any further info on the possible causes yet?

stefb42
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
well i can confirm i too got this after the Giving her a Hand achievement so i doubt that's the cause of the problem

Lex Talionis
03-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Happened to me as well. Do we know a cause?

stefb42
03-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Happened to me as well. Do we know a cause?

well for throwing ideas around, i too felt i had killed way more than 50 and still didn't have it, what i can say about when it did finally pop is i was in an area in a cave i hadn't yet explored,just a little alcove but i hadn't been in,3 burrowed out the ground and i got the achievement when i killed the last one,it's a longshot but could it be you have to kill every scav on the island?might be worth a shot,i can confirm i've been on every part of the island now so i must have killed them all and those 3 must have been the last 3(excluding respawns)

some Irish guys
03-24-2012, 11:58 PM
well for throwing ideas around, i too felt i had killed way more than 50 and still didn't have it, what i can say about when it did finally pop is i was in an area in a cave i hadn't yet explored,just a little alcove but i hadn't been in,3 burrowed out the ground and i got the achievement when i killed the last one,it's a longshot but could it be you have to kill every scav on the island?might be worth a shot,i can confirm i've been on every part of the island now so i must have killed them all and those 3 must have been the last 3(excluding respawns)

I explored the entire island well before completing the DLC (excluding the areas locked until quest progression) so this isn't the cause for me at least. I'm about to try again after having worked a few days, the only thing I can think of is switching up what I'm doing for the kills. I used the way overpowered meteor spell that kills them all at once, so I'm just going to re-spec for melee and try not to get my hopes up :(

stefb42
03-25-2012, 12:07 AM
the meteor spell was another thing i was thinking while in was playing,i was using meteor+7 and doing like 5000 damage to each killing everything around in 1 hit,i switched to my staff and chakrams and was using them when i finally got it so that could also be worth a shot

ASCENSI0N2HEAVN
03-25-2012, 03:00 AM
I just unlocked my exterminator achievement, what i did was unequiped all of my armor and weapons since i had the 20% light damage on every piece of equipment, So i put on a new set and i went and killed my 50 scavs and got it. I'm assuming you cant get the achievement if your 1hit killing most enemies.

Lex Talionis
03-25-2012, 06:35 AM

that makes sense. Do you remember what cave?

stefb42
03-25-2012, 10:41 AM
i cant remember which cave it was,map showed enemies as fae gorta in that alcove,probably why i never bothered going up,killed the gorta and walked into the dead end and they burrowed out,

but how are you killing the scavs?are you using overpowered AoE spells or weapons that 1 hit kill them?looks like there's reports of people changing weapons or not using 1 hit kill spells to kill them and the achievements unlocking,so if you're 1 hitting them maybe you should try changing tactics,i too was using meteor and was thinking that could have been the cause so switched to chakrams,the fact it unlocked in the only unexplored bit of map may just have been coincidence(or not)

Lex Talionis
03-26-2012, 12:14 AM
i cant remember which cave it was,map showed enemies as fae gorta in that alcove,probably why i never bothered going up,killed the gorta and walked into the dead end and they burrowed out,

but how are you killing the scavs?are you using overpowered AoE spells or weapons that 1 hit kill them?looks like there's reports of people changing weapons or not using 1 hit kill spells to kill them and the achievements unlocking,so if you're 1 hitting them maybe you should try changing tactics,i too was using meteor and was thinking that could have been the cause so switched to chakrams,the fact it unlocked in the only unexplored bit of map may just have been coincidence(or not)

The spells I think were the issue. I switched to daggers and got the achievement within 12 kills.

jorax
03-26-2012, 06:10 AM
The spells I think were the issue. I switched to daggers and got the achievement within 12 kills.

Holy crap! I stopped using meteor (mine isn't even that buff, only crafted one mediocre item) and got this after 13 kills. Total kill count was 57 before, so 70 in total. Either they messed up and it takes 70 kills or it didn't count some one-hit kills from meteor along the way. Thanks!

The Buffmuffin
03-26-2012, 06:25 AM
I too haven't got this to unlock. Meteor is the first thing that came to my mind in preventing it. I will report back since I will only be using my staff now.

The Buffmuffin
03-26-2012, 06:35 AM
WEll literally 10 minutes after switching to only staffs and chakrams it popped. I do believe you cannot just 1 hit the Scavs. I'd go on the safe side and just not use spells on them.

stefb42
03-26-2012, 09:44 AM
WEll literally 10 minutes after switching to only staffs and chakrams it popped. I do believe you cannot just 1 hit the Scavs. I'd go on the safe side and just not use spells on them.

looks like a fix,it should probably be added to the roadmap

metatron1970
03-27-2012, 08:09 AM
I tried that yesterday with an older save. i have not used "meteor", which kills all the scavs around me immediately. i used the good old chakram and killed them one by one with 2-7 strikes. then traveled to my mansion, sleeped a bit, traveled to cave, killed scavs one by one, rinse and repeat. IT WORKED PERFECT! Achievement unlocked.
Note: You can use ice barrage or anything else, which didn't kill them with one strike.

Jumbso
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
This glitch is making me uneagre to do the DLC :-/

Onelastbreath
03-28-2012, 06:27 PM
I didnt use any oneshot spells and the achievement unlocked fine for me. I did use standard spells to kill some of the scavs like earthquake and shadow strike.