PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no bitching thread?

Himuton
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
This game is unforgiving.

The constant resets really broke the game and challenge series is darn hard.

I know this isn't a virtue ranting but I'm amazed nobody has ranted because... this game hates you.:mad:

Swyer87
03-22-2012, 05:02 PM
I didnt find the game too hard if im honest.

I dont like the loading times or the fact the main story can be done in an afternoon but thats about it really.

But in response to your question i dont know why there is no bitching thread :)

Himuton
03-23-2012, 12:19 PM
I didnt find the game too hard if im honest.

I dont like the loading times or the fact the main story can be done in an afternoon but thats about it really.

But in response to your question i dont know why there is no bitching thread :)

I mean we are on this website because we hunt for achievements. If you ain't, there is no point sticking around, is there?:confused: So I am generally frustrated with the achievement difficulty. I could survive Call of Duty: Grenades at War but there's no chance I could beat the clock and the limited resets.

LankstaTDOT
03-27-2012, 03:30 PM
lol i should have started at Easy so i can get more resets and finish the game faster, not because it's hard but because that way i can also play the extreme difficulty. But then again, this game sucks big time!! tbh i am already bored of the game. The only reason i got it off my friend to play for a week because of gs that's about it. I might just stop after hitting 500 though.

Swyer87
03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
lol i should have started at Easy so i can get more resets and finish the game faster, not because it's hard but because that way i can also play the extreme difficulty. But then again, this game sucks big time!! tbh i am already bored of the game. The only reason i got it off my friend to play for a week because of gs that's about it. I might just stop after hitting 500 though.

If you don't enjoy the game your definitely not going to want to do the grind to Driver Level 30 for the 1k points.

LankstaTDOT
03-27-2012, 05:45 PM
If you don't enjoy the game your definitely not going to want to do the grind to Driver Level 30 for the 1k points.

yah. i might just finish it after gettin 50% of cheevos. But level 30.. nah i don't really think i would play this for that long

webdev511
12-20-2013, 10:09 PM
This game is unforgiving.

The constant resets really broke the game and challenge series is darn hard.

I know this isn't a virtue ranting but I'm amazed nobody has ranted because... this game hates you.:mad:

Oh I've got some big bitches with the game like...

Porsche Cayenne Turbos that can out accelerate an Audi R8 v10 that's boosting, really?
That mini-van which seems to pull away from a Boss Mustang 302 while boosting so it can block the road.
A helicopter that can shoot you only when you're in the spotlight, but causes damage even when you aren't.
Losing 2-3 seconds of time on a stage so the developers can thump their chest and show you a slow-mo sequence of the cop you just took out.
The in ability to go back a sector in a stage because you realized you are driving the worst possible car for the stage that follows the last one you could do a swap on.
Paying $10 for a game well over a year after it came out and expecting crap listed above to be fixed via a patch.

Okay #6 is on me, but I'm really only playing it for the cheevos. It's an okay game for the $10 I spent, but I'll get a reasonable amount of achievements out of it then move on to the next game in my backlog. Just not that interested in completing this very flawed game.

DonTrombone7704
03-29-2014, 04:36 AM
Gah!

Okay, this is actually a fun game but damn almighty it is MADDENING!

I managed to beat all of the challenges except for "East Coast" due to the notorious "Live Free or Drive Hard". I managed to finally get a near-perfect run and few if any contacts with objects or debris but I still could never come anywhere close to getting gold on that race. I oftentimes stuggle to even get silver. Oftentimes, that very silver is achieved by less than half a second and almost all of the cars that are available are completely unsuitable for that very race.

I can't tell you how many times I've actually gotten stuck and completely fallen far short, not just on the courses I've successfully beaten but also the futility I've had in trying to get Gold on "Live Free Or Drive Hard". Except for using Xbox DLC cards to add money to account to buy the Sesto Element or Porsche 918, this course cannot be done, PERIOD! I've tried all the cars and never came close to Gold.

After a horrible glitch caused all my stats to reset, I left this game to collect dust and finally decided to give it a go to build up gamerpoints with it again.

However, this has to be one of the most unforgiving games I've ever played, maybe even worse than "Hot Pursuit" and definately harder than just about any race from "Most Wanted". Even Needle Point was easier than maybe 40% of "The Runs" challenges.

A major irritation is with the timer clock continuing to count down as normal even when the cutscene slowing down when you take down a cop. I can't tell you how many times I've failed a course because of precious seconds lost from this.

I've successfully gotten 12 of 13 of the challenge series' completed but the "East Coast" is just god damn impossible without the Sesto Elemento or Porsche 918 and as of this writing, I've only gotten as far as level 24 and am having to regrind through to get even to level 25.

If there was a game that I feel could cause a coronary or stroke, this would be it.

I'm working on the Italian DLC and could at most get up to 825 to 850G before The Run bids farewell. Running with The Bull is not that hard except for the end where you go under the bridge but have to contend with the 90-degree bends which takes so much speed off the car.

This is a fun game but be prepared to yell at the TV and don't play it if you had too much caffeine or a really bad day.