PDA

View Full Version : Master Ninja Mode

HanzoHasashi
03-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Just started on Master Ninja Mode and have to admit it took me a while to get used to it. Not as simple as Sigma 2 but definately not as hard as NG2. Bosses do not have support so far and it seems the "lifebar" is not extended. What do you guys think about MNM on NG3?

DAY 1
Spider Robot: dash around legs and damage each leg with X,Y,Y combo (Ryu is invincible), continue until all legs are damaged (shield is gone, DO NOT FINISH before you haven't crashed all the shields) once all 4 legs are open for the QT finish them all off in one go (dash, finish, dash ...).

Legend of the Mask: Phase 1 - let his 1st hit connect, dash away and return a nice X,X / Phase 2 - (in the garden): if you do not feel comfortable with his patterns wait for his three hit combo (ends with a slash down). Counter with a X,X - you could also try X,Y (sometimes Ryu is able to launch the Izuna, but could not be finished). Might be too risky - so stick with the X,X (if he doesn't dash away connect another X or Y).

DAY 2
Final battle VS chopper (on platform): not really different. Stay on the far side (away from chopper) and time your dashes in order to not get hit from his missiles. Start with killing the army guys. Jump/Dash/Jump (fire one arrow in the air) repeat. Once all guys are dead the chopper is a cakewalk.

DAY 3
T-Rex: stand next to the wall, wait for his attack, dash to the side followed by a 360 Y (invincible, sometimes Ryu even hits the Dinosaur), or dash/dash away. Once he kisses the floor attack his ass with 3-4 360 Y moves. repeat until his body is armored. Now, same tactic but go for the head instead.

DAY 4
Goddess: not much of a change, get her patterns down and always counter with X,Y,Y or X,X,Y,Y

DAY 5
Obaba: again not much of a change, beat the ninjas as fast as possible in order to have enough time for the orange "jewel". This boss battle is pretty easy as it has 3 or more checkpoints.

Devolon
03-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Is the checkpoint system the same in MN? I did quite poorly vs the chopper (really not enjoying the game much so far TBH), but the checkpointing was so generous I only had to power through without thinking ahead. There's what, 5 checkpoints for this one battle?

HanzoHasashi
03-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Yep, boss battles/checkpoints are identical through all playthroughs.

a7x4lyf3
03-23-2012, 01:04 AM
How's master ninja been treating you? The enemies even worse than they are on hard? The only thing that annoyed me to death on hard was the constant grabbing and how overpowered the grabs were...

HanzoHasashi
03-23-2012, 01:24 AM
The grabbing is horrible, almost every enemy tries to hug me. The army guys (two blades) are the worst so far. I'm close to the end of day 3 and had some frustrating parts; not because I can't handle the enemys, much more because the game is lagging as hell if it brings like 10 guys (incl rocket launchers) at once ... But tbh NG2 (without farming essence or spamming UTs) was worse.

a7x4lyf3
03-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Yea I've started day 1 on MN now, grabbing is already excessive... I hate the dual blade army guys and dual blade beret guys, I just absolutely hate them both, that constant EEE ya EEE YA!!! really getting on my nerves, this game is hard I give it that, but it would be a hell of a lot easier if every enemy didn't try and grab you every 3 seconds, they really either gotta tone down the grabbing or at least reduce the amount of damage it does, the damage is ridiculous.

a7x4lyf3
03-23-2012, 01:35 AM
I've also been having the lag issue... This didn't happen to me at all on Hard mode though, sometimes it gets so bad I feel like I'm back on the staircase in chapter 10 on Ninja Gaiden 2

rc deaths agent
03-23-2012, 02:06 AM
I've also been having the lag issue... This didn't happen to me at all on Hard mode though, sometimes it gets so bad I feel like I'm back on the staircase in chapter 10 on Ninja Gaiden 2 lol....that was some epic lag right there. That sequence would have been so epic if not for the lag.

AndreFlash83
03-23-2012, 06:49 PM
I finished MN yesterday and all i have to say is day 4 and day 6 are the hardests in the game, i think the hardest part of the game its the beggining of day 6 there are towards 10 ninjas with orange adagas and 8 snowmobiles after that some ninjas with orange adagas just keep coming and around more 6 or 8 ninjas that uses stone power, oh i was almost forgeting on day 7 the masked man its very hard, 1 hit with is red hands his power or the hit that launchs you in the air and you die unless you have the full energy bar when you get there.

Rune Ocarina
03-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Compared to Hard, are there more waves of enemies you have to endure? That's the only thing that annoys me.

AndreFlash83
03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Compared to Hard, are there more waves of enemies you have to endure? That's the only thing that annoys me.

Some parts yes there are many enemies waves but some levels keep the same number of enemies, they just chenged the enemies for enemies harder but the only thing you really need to be careful its with the grabs of the enemies they consume a lot of your energy.

jcvaleron
03-23-2012, 08:12 PM
how do you actually unlock master ninja mode?

Rune Ocarina
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
how do you actually unlock master ninja mode?

Beat the game on Hard

a7x4lyf3
03-23-2012, 10:46 PM
good lord I cannot beat the alchemists on day 2... It's ridiculous man, just absolutely ridiculous.

HanzoHasashi
03-23-2012, 11:46 PM
I finished MN yesterday and all i have to say is day 4 and day 6 are the hardests in the game, i think the hardest part of the game its the beggining of day 6 there are towards 10 ninjas with orange adagas and 8 snowmobiles after that some ninjas with orange adagas just keep coming and around more 6 or 8 ninjas that uses stone power, oh i was almost forgeting on day 7 the masked man its very hard, 1 hit with is red hands his power or the hit that launchs you in the air and you die unless you have the full energy bar when you get there.

Congratulations Mate!! What was your most effective tactic VS the armored Ninjas with orange adagas?

AndreFlash83
03-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Congratulations Mate!! What was your most effective tactic VS the armored Ninjas with orange adagas?

Thanks man, well i'm gonna tel u this guys are very hard i tried every kind of strategie, so i just tried to take one by one, try to separete them, i'm going to try to post my video clip, i'm sorry but i just improvised, you really need to have good reflex and dont stop move.

HanzoHasashi
03-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Exactly what I'm doin ... I hoped you had a solid strategy as I was trying all different combos but was always open (during or after) for a grab. Annoying.

a7x4lyf3
03-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Exactly what I'm doin ... I hoped you had a solid strategy as I was trying all different combos but was always open (during or after) for a grab. Annoying. I find the XYXXX combo very effective on them, it breaks they're armor after you do it about 2 or 3 times

HanzoHasashi
03-24-2012, 01:06 AM
If you just have one enemy I absolutely agree; it's also the combo i use. But once you have 2 of them dancing around you they break the combo with a grab.

CyberEvil
03-24-2012, 01:09 AM
You can loop them, sort of. XY(no launch)XXXYXXX...

If you are near a wall or mis-time your inputs then the loop will break and you'll do a FS-esque slash, but it works well even if you only get a rep or two.

a7x4lyf3
03-24-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm still stuck on the damn first alchemist encounter on day 2... These guys are just cheap times 10, constant grabbing and dodging my attacks... I wanna pull my hair out...

CyberEvil
03-24-2012, 07:06 AM
The entire AI cast gets endowed with happygrabitus on Master Ninja. There's no challenge involved, it's just cheesy programming. Doesn't help that the framerate gets halved during most fights for whatever reason and causes dropped inputs.

Also, is it just me or is there an insane amount of fail going on with dodging? Even on Hard I noticed that sometimes, especially during boss fights, an attempted slide would result in Ryu not only just standing there, but slowly turning to track the enemy I'm fighting. It's absolutely infuriating and when it happens on MN, you just die. I'm not a fan of terrible programming causing me to die in a franchise I regularly excel at. I don't even feel bad at this game. Just cheated.

a7x4lyf3
03-24-2012, 07:24 AM
The entire AI cast gets endowed with happygrabitus on Master Ninja. There's no challenge involved, it's just cheesy programming. Doesn't help that the framerate gets halved during most fights for whatever reason and causes dropped inputs.

Also, is it just me or is there an insane amount of fail going on with dodging? Even on Hard I noticed that sometimes, especially during boss fights, an attempted slide would result in Ryu not only just standing there, but slowly turning to track the enemy I'm fighting. It's absolutely infuriating and when it happens on MN, you just die. I'm not a fan of terrible programming causing me to die in a franchise I regularly excel at. I don't even feel bad at this game. Just cheated.I know exactly what you mean, it feels like they added a 1 second delay to dodging and block after you've finished an attack or land on the ground from a jump or izuna drop, in ninja gaiden 2 I remember you were able to dash in ANY scenario to get yourself to safety, even during the middle of a combo you were able to dash, not in this game though, I also feel my dashing and attacking a bit unresponsive at times in multiplayer, everyone else is god but me nope, I just sit there and take it while they combo me up half the time due to my dahing and attacks not responding.