PDA

View Full Version : Khalisah Al-Jilani

Silverstean
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
thats right, Khalisah Al-Jilani. You know, that annoying reporter lady. I just wanna know how many of you punch her without a second's hesitation? I always have, except on my insane run where i missed the renegade prompt, and was pleasantly surprised to find a paragon prompt to comfort her instead. Wow, way to go bioware.

ChickinOnaChain
03-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Never heard of her.

Helium
03-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I didn't even punch her in ME2. Never saw reason to punch her.
Second quest of her in ME was kinda ''evil plan'' in my opinion, but still won't punch her. :)

Grifter Reborn
03-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I still think it's funny she's worth 10 war assets (if you comfort her) where Diana Allers is only worth 5. :confused:

Guess we know who gets better ratings. :p

fastNcurious
03-22-2012, 08:00 PM
I didn't punch her before. I only punched her in this game because my friend told me what happens when you do and I wanted to see it for myself. Lol.

N7 Shadow
03-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Never heard of her.

Haha

OT: I couldn't pick any of the choices because "Not this time" implies I must have punched her at some point which i didn't-granted I didn't like her that much. :p

niko da bos
03-22-2012, 08:26 PM
well on my joshua shepard (:p) i never punched her, i always used the charm option to make her look stupid. lol, i must admit her whole tactic to spin things around and make shepard look bad is really old.

her cameo in ME3 was actually a little different, at first when she was camping in baileys office i was like "oh wow, want me to get rid of this bitch for you?" but her questions were actually sincere and made sense, unlike usual when she would twist around things i did to make it look like im anti-human. i could understand how "THE commander shepard" leaving earth while its being literally destroyed would send a panic to the species. this time, i actually understood where she was coming from, i myself found it hard to leave earth.

however that renegade interrupt is possibly one of the best hahaa. i couldnt stop laughing when she actually juked to the side and dodged the punch like - "oh yeah! ive been training bitch, bring it!"
i just found it great because if shepard is constantly hitting her for asking rude questions (like my damien shepard did), then she is totally ready for it on ME3.

i forgot which game the interview was on, but one of the renegade options will always have a place in my heart.

"i've had enough of your disingenuous assertions"
*SLAP*

Opiate42
03-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I punch her with my FemShep, paragon or renegade.

I just can't bring myself to do it with my male Shep.

Though in ME3 she barely gets a word out when you have a chance to take a swing at her, it felt very early. Kinda less funny that way. I preferred to let her hang herself first, then it seemed more relevant to knock her teeth out.

"i've had enough of your disingenuous assertions"
*SLAP*

That was ME1 wasn't it? It was funny how she thought she could fight back. Hello? N7 training? Slayer of battalions of Geth? Killer of big bad things? :p

Ethereal235
03-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I never have in a playthrough I didn't make specifically to see how the game changes if I take different actions. She always seemed bitchy in the first two games, but in ME3, she seemed more panicked, scared. She wasn't manipulating for ratings. She really wanted to know. I liked the paragon interrupt here, since it kind of touches on that.

JuSt BLaZe
03-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Not this time. Probably in ME IV. If...

RDrules
03-22-2012, 08:50 PM
i punched her with my first go didnt this one

loved her fighting back like that

colt415
03-22-2012, 09:18 PM
First time I played it I did hit her, but my brother told me I could have her as a war asset so I didn't on my second play through.

big daddy dr3y
03-22-2012, 10:00 PM
shouldve given a "never have" option ive never hit her so i picked "not this time"

Dz06lt
03-23-2012, 01:14 AM
i didnt punch her in any game if i remeber comeplety. Also if you paragon her in 3 she is worth 10 war asset points.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-23-2012, 01:17 AM
She ducked! Then i got her good :)

OceanH
03-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Poll fail: you're assuming everybody punched her at least once.

I never punched her: trying to trick me with an argument? Well, I burn them with a smarter counter-argument.

And for me, violence on a female is a no-no.

Belvik
03-23-2012, 04:03 AM
I didn't in my first play through in ME1. After seeing how the character manipulated and twisted for ratings, I decided I'd get her every chance I could after that.

DEG23
03-23-2012, 04:34 AM
II didn't punch her in ME1 because I managed to twist her words back at her but in ME2 when she accused me of "assassinating the council" i let her have it. Then in ME3 i think she only spoke one or two words before a smacked her again. It's a shame you couldn't invite her on board also, then i could have flown into the middle of reaper controlled space and told both reporters to "get off my ship"

I can't believe everyone here is so nice, maybe i have anger issues:p

Direkin
03-23-2012, 07:04 AM
Your poll is missing an option for those with multiple playthroughs. My paragon characters never hit her, but my renegade ones always did.

GrimSovereignty
03-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Yeah I punched her..she started it lol

Belvik
03-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Your poll is missing an option for those with multiple playthroughs. My paragon characters never hit her, but my renegade ones always did.

My male Shep playthroughs were about 90% paragon, but punching her was always one renegade choice I made. My female Shep was full renegade, so I didn't have to think twice about it on that character.

jules the great
03-23-2012, 02:35 PM
I did punch her my first two playthrus of ME3, but on my third and now fourth I realized that you can do a paragon interrupt instead so I do that now, even tho I knocked her ass out the past two games. I'd rather have the war asset.

Crims0nPenguin
03-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Never punched her... didn't see the reason too... its better to upstage her on her own show and make her look like a prick then be seen as a violent aggressor IMO...

UberPirateNinja
03-23-2012, 02:46 PM
depends which character i'm playing thru as, if it's my paragon femshep, i'm always nice to her. but if i'm renegade maleshep, then *KAPOW* she gets what she deserved!

chiapet
03-25-2012, 11:08 AM
haha...dunno if others noticed this...i was kinda sleepy when i was playing, and after the first renegade interrupt (where she dodges your bitch-slap), i was too slow to pull the trigger on the 2nd interrupt, and she punches back and knocks my shep on his ass! then she brushes off her sleeves, and smirks! so embarrassing :mad:!!! hahaha.

Baihu1983
03-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Full paragon so never hit her

FFFreak1129
03-26-2012, 06:01 AM
I never punched her.

fonzycore
03-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Gave her a good bop in the face.

macd
03-26-2012, 12:59 PM
I save often and usually will try any Renegade interupts that pop up. If they don't fit, I reload or just live with it. This one, I liked.

hotdogenigma
03-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Haha just punched her out in my renegade runs, love it!

Ryuukishi
03-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Punching her is always hilarious.

V4Vodka
03-27-2012, 08:56 PM
How can anyone not want to punch her?

N7 Shadow
03-27-2012, 09:54 PM
How can anyone not want to punch her?

Umm, cause it's mean. :p

Through a Paragon's point of view, she's just doing her job so there's no reason to physically attack her. Sticks and stones. :Angel

Through a Renegade's:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/38610_o.gif

Instant gratification I presume.

Mr Yac
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
never hit her, just doesn't feel right

Opiate42
03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Umm, cause it's mean. :p

Through a Paragon's point of view, she's just doing her job so there's no reason to physically attack her. Sticks and stones. :Angel

Through a Renegade's:

Instant gratification I presume.

Not mean, I call it karma.

Her job is as an inflammatory fear-mongering nutjob. That's not productive, more an impediment to progress.

She's only worth 5 points as a war asset if you skip the renegade trigger and use the paragon trigger to get her onside with you.

Frankly even on my paragon run, I gave her the Forehead of Rationality.

Give me Emily Wong back :)

niko da bos
03-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Not mean, I call it karma.

Her job is as an inflammatory fear-mongering nutjob. That's not productive, more an impediment to progress.

She's only worth 5 points as a war asset if you skip the renegade trigger and use the paragon trigger to get her onside with you.

Frankly even on my paragon run, I gave her the Forehead of Rationality.

Give me Emily Wong back :)

you know, i figured after her getting the shaft on ME2 maybe we would see her again. but no they would rather give khalisah one interview per game, when emily was actually nice about asking for shepards help. also, i chose the option to promise her an interview when the investigation (saren!) is over, which was ohh.. 5 years ago?

if anything, they could of kept their beloved khalisah, and gave emily a spot on the normandy:)! honestly, she would hold MUCH more meaning than diana allers on my ship.. emily wong has been friendly to shepard since he became a spectre, jessica chobot just sucked off some developers to get a spot on the ship as a romance option. gtfo, emily has been wonged here.

Red Testament
03-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Didn't punch except for one time in Mass Effect 1 in a real playthrough. But each time I saw her thereafter, I would save, punch her, and then load up the previous save before I punched her and continue on my paragon route.

Splinter4
03-28-2012, 07:31 PM
:whs Oh man, I'm right there with you #36.

I like Chobot on IGN, but she's definitely NOT an Actor. And the guys at EA certainly didn't do her ANY favors with that badly animated representation. Couldn't they have at least put her in one of those dresses the hot-chicks were wearing at the Purgatory Bar? She looks like she should be standing on a badly built porch attached to an old double-wide trailer with a cigarette and a can of beer... and yelling at her kids.

I was soooo disappointed with Allers every time I talked to her. I gave her every chance to get better (or at least change her clothes), but everything that came outta her mouth just fell flat... including Shepard's johnson! :eek:

I think Emily Wong (Anndi McAfee) got robbed! She would have been a FARRRRR better choice for the Embedded Reporter role. Hopefully they'll call Anndi in for some of the upcoming DLC. Fingers crossed.

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/1144/464232-headshot.jpg

Cheers :drunk

Opiate42
03-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I think Emily Wong (Anndi McAfee) got robbed! She would have been a FARRRRR better choice for the embedded Reporter role. Hopefully they'll call Anndi in for some of the upcoming DLC. Fingers crossed.

Cheers :drunk

Agreed, Emily and Shepard already had an established history of cooperation. Allers was just kind of a non-entity as far as I'm concerned. I liked Emily, she was a sweetie just trying to make the galaxy a better place.

Considering the amount of ME1 and ME2 cameos through the game, having Wong even appear anywhere would have been a nice touch. Not having her at all.... :( Missed opportunity.

niko da bos
03-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Agreed, Emily and Shepard already had an established history of cooperation. Allers was just kind of a non-entity as far as I'm concerned. I liked Emily, she was a sweetie just trying to make the galaxy a better place.

Considering the amount of ME1 and ME2 cameos through the game, having Wong even appear anywhere would have been a nice touch. Not having her at all.... :( Missed opportunity.

riight? on ME2 i think the only way you can see / hear from her is the news vids on the citadel. also at some point she sends you an email, but i never saw the point in those emails seeing as i cant reply...

really though, i understand they want khalisah to have one last interview / appearance. but was shafting emily wong really worth it? over putting a completely IRRELEVANT unknown character on my ship? its weird enough having james vega on the normandy, how about jacob rejoined the alliance and we get him? i can think of atleast 25 potential candidates who would be better on the normandy than james vega.
~~
conrad verner (lol)
capt. kirahee
biotic GOD
kolyat (thanes son) <--easily doable
*just to name a few*

Opiate42
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
i can think of atleast 25 potential candidates who would be better on the normandy than james vega.
~~
conrad verner (lol)
capt. kirahee
biotic GOD
kolyat (thanes son) <--easily doable
*just to name a few*

Volus Biotic God all the way!!

Snoop QC
03-30-2012, 12:13 AM
Being punched is her whole reason for being!

Scuderia MJ
03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Punched her without hesitating but only for the Renegade ;)

She ducked! Then i got her good :)

lol

Splinter4
04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
...and to answer the inevitable question
about the picture in my earlier post:

YES, that REALLY is Anndi McAfee (Emily Wong).

...I know, RIGHT??!! :eek:

ll L3G3ND ll
04-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Never punched her in any of the 3 games, its better to troll her with words :)