PDA

View Full Version : Don't Keep Her Waiting

Fantago
03-23-2012, 07:56 PM
How on Earth do I get this achievement? I get in the boat, immediately turn towards the light, and hold up till I get there. Yet it doesn't seem to be enough. Any tips to getting this?

lowtek
03-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Hold or tap X to go faster?

DSTUBBS
03-25-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm having the same problem. I tried a good ten times and I swear I'm getting there under 1 minute 20 seconds.

Ceris
03-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Is there a specific way in doing this outside of hard? That is the only way I know how to get the achievement :p

Dallas
03-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Is there a specific way in doing this outside of hard? That is the only way I know how to get the achievement :p
Same. I got it with ease on hard difficulty, but couldn't do it once on beginner the six other times I beat it.

oCAJUNally
03-25-2012, 10:55 PM
If you're playing below hard, hold x the instant you get inside the boat and don't let go until you reach the shore. If you don't screw up the turn too much, you'll easily get it. My first playthrough I kept trying and trying, but I wasn't even getting close (keep in mind I haven't played SH2 in almost a decade, so I pretty much forgot everything about it except the main story points), so I gave up.

My second playthrough, I held x and got it my first try. :woop:

monkeycatt
03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
i got it on my second try like this:
as soon as you can control the boat, turn the left stick right until you see the lighthouse light and then let go. try to line up the front of the boat with the light while pushing toward it (up on the left stick). just keep pushing up and you should get it. i never even knew about using the x button.

AnthonyFallen
03-28-2012, 04:40 AM
I've been playing this all those years without even knowing that you could go faster by pressing :xbut: ... Wow O.o
Thanks a lot though! :D

Bobo
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
just a note...on the easier difficulties anyways, if you go into your extra options by hitting LB+RB in your menu and reverse the run button so you're running all of the time, you don't have to hold x on the boat... x will actually make u go slower if its reversed... x affects the boat the same as it does your running, except it's not noticeable to the eye. not sure if it affects the boat when u have to manually row with the sticks