PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else not having any problems?

Herr Shaun
03-23-2012, 11:05 PM
I feel like I'm the only person here not having any graphic or sound problems. I'm more than halfway through SH3 right now, and the only thing I've noticed is a little bit of sound sync issues in the cutscenes. Beyond that, my experience has been flawless.

I know a lot of people are iffy about this based on some of the issues people have been seeing, so I wanted to show those people that some of us are having a great experience.

Barrelrolla
03-23-2012, 11:13 PM
I just beat SH3 and the only thing that happened to me was my game froze while I was walking up the street to the Amusement park. Also I picked up the Unlim Submachine Gun and when I fired it the framerate dropped horribly and the sound glitched up. Other than that though nothing too gamebreaking. It's a port of a game made a generation ago I wasn't expecting a flawless gem. Im just a little nervous about doing the saves run with the freezing problems.

Oh and I did install to HD if anyone was wondering.

BurningStickMan
03-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Heard a lot of bad things about it as well, but the PS3 seems to have the worst of it. People aren't usually saying what console they're playing it on, so it makes it sound like the whole collection is broken.

Working well so far and look great. Only complaint I've had thus far is the tremendously fake-looking fog overlay in SH2. It's basically a texture scrolling by the camera. Sadly, I don't think that's a bug.

ZoMbiE_DooMsDaY
03-24-2012, 03:01 AM
Not for me...everytime an achievement unlocks my frame rate slows hella down almost to a freeze...really sucks :(

Ceris
03-24-2012, 03:33 AM
I feel like I'm the only person here not having any graphic or sound problems. I'm more than halfway through SH3 right now, and the only thing I've noticed is a little bit of sound sync issues in the cutscenes. Beyond that, my experience has been flawless.

I know a lot of people are iffy about this based on some of the issues people have been seeing, so I wanted to show those people that some of us are having a great experience.
Did you get to the hospital yet? That is where the majority of the issues is at.

Herr Shaun
03-24-2012, 05:39 AM
Did you get to the hospital yet? That is where the majority of the issues is at.
I beat the game earlier, and now I'm on the Extra Game mode. I had the game freeze once on the way to the Amusement Park, the voices are a bit off in certain scenes (but not others), one of the scenes with Douglas and Heather got blurry for what seemed like no reason, and when using the Unlimited SMG I do notice a little sound distortion, and slowdown every once in a blue moon. Other than that, it's been perfect.

Ceris
03-24-2012, 06:10 AM
I beat the game earlier, and now I'm on the Extra Game mode. I had the game freeze once on the way to the Amusement Park, the voices are a bit off in certain scenes (but not others), one of the scenes with Douglas and Heather got blurry for what seemed like no reason, and when using the Unlimited SMG I do notice a little sound distortion, and slowdown every once in a blue moon. Other than that, it's been perfect.
I froze at the same spot. Lucky you didn't have the hospital problems. I haven't gotten back on the game after freezing twice without saving...

Bobo
03-24-2012, 04:26 PM
I've noticed that some of the ambient noise (steam, static, or just weird background noises) will abruptly cut off occasionally in sh2... but that's the only issues so far.

Tha Mantis
03-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Same hear, on the way to the amusement park, and I had yet to save. SO PISSED!

Ceris
03-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Same hear, on the way to the amusement park, and I had yet to save. SO PISSED!
Pfft, that happened to me, so I started over. I got to the amusement park, was halfway through it, and the game froze again without me saving. That was the only time I actually raged at Silent Hill:p

Tha Mantis
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Pfft, that happened to me, so I started over. I got to the amusement park, was halfway through it, and the game froze again without me saving. That was the only time I actually raged at Silent Hill:p

Yeah you have had it worse I would say. It's a shame that Silent Hill 3 is kinda messed up, 2 runs like a dream.

oCAJUNally
03-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, SH2 runs perfectly. (apart from the surround sound being absolutely atrocious. I've noticed that if I flip my headset to be backwards, it's actually closer to being proper surround -_-) 2 playthroughs down without a single FR or sound glitch :woop:

However...SH3 was incredibly buggy for me, but not before the hospital. Almost immediately inside the hospital, the first nurse i hit with the pipe cause screen lag and static sound glitches. That continued throughout. Then, on Nathan Ave, after leaving the motel a second time, weird textures loaded in instead of the normal ones, the FR dropped immensely, and I froze. I used the submachine gun once...won't be doing that again for fear of freezes. And cutscenes randomly get blurry. Oh, and I also froze on the final boss. Yay.

SH2 runs like a dream, and SH3 is barely playable. How could they allow two games on the same collection to be at such extremes?

Bobo
03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Well, SH2 runs perfectly. (apart from the surround sound being absolutely atrocious. I've noticed that if I flip my headset to be backwards, it's actually closer to being proper surround -_-) 2 playthroughs down without a single FR or sound glitch :woop:

after finishing sh2 i was just gonna say that the direction of the enemies in no way correlated to where they actually were... very annoying when trying to find them in the fog or in the dark... i'll try flipping my headphones next playthrough

oCAJUNally
03-27-2012, 03:22 AM
after finishing sh2 i was just gonna say that the direction of the enemies in no way correlated to where they actually were... very annoying when trying to find them in the fog or in the dark... i'll try flipping my headphones next playthrough

The only problem with flipping your headset is that it seems as though they got the front and back sound correct, but the left and right flipped most of the time. I'm absolutely baffled as to how they could have done that. I'd rather have my front and back slightly flipped though, because as far as I'm concerned, I'm always running forwards, and I can easily see enemies that are ahead of me, and don't even have to worry about guys behind me.

When I was first playing though, I'd hear a guy to my left, ran to the right, and got smacked by something, only to find that I should have ran to the left. :confused:

pravado
03-28-2012, 04:24 AM
With the headset, the mic should always be on the left side (at least in every other game it is)

I have had extreme frame rate slowdown after beating bosses (once it froze on me i was pissed) and i'm finding that firing the unlimited SMG will cause anyone's voice in my party to lag out. Tested it out numerous times and it is in fact, the SMG that causes the party lag. So weird

Ceris
03-28-2012, 07:11 AM
I tried AGAIN to play SH3. Guess what? It froze AGAIN... This time was in the alternate hilltop center while leaving the elevator... I just can't seem to beat SH3. 3 attempts all ending with the game freezing.

monkeycatt
03-28-2012, 08:02 PM
sh2 for me is a mess. everytime i unlock an achievement=frame rate slowdown. beating a boss (esp. the hangers at the hospital) freezes the game to the point of needing a reset if i don't skip the cutscene quick enough. the end credits freeze the game. loading the game complete results takes about 20 minutes to load up and go past. this is absurd. i'm scared to play sh3. (not for the right reasons).

oCAJUNally
03-29-2012, 12:09 PM
With the headset, the mic should always be on the left side (at least in every other game it is)

I have had extreme frame rate slowdown after beating bosses (once it froze on me i was pissed) and i'm finding that firing the unlimited SMG will cause anyone's voice in my party to lag out. Tested it out numerous times and it is in fact, the SMG that causes the party lag. So weird

Lol believe me, I know which side of my headset is right (and besides, with astros you can switch which side the mic is on. Mine is currently on the left). The audio is flipped. Not by the player's fault either.

And the SMG is broken. Sadly, I would advise to not even bother using it.

jakspald22
03-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I had plenty of issues with SH3 but none in SH2. That is until I went for a 10 star run... as soon as I found Maria in the park the game froze... and I was going to save in the hospital, literally like ten minutes or so from the time it froze. I really want to finish this, but I'm so afraid that something like this is going to happen again.

Mei Ninja
03-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Silent Hill 3 froze on me a total of 4 times in the time it took me to get all the achievements in that game. The times it froze were after lengthy play sessions so it could've had something to do with my console overheating I suppose (I have an older model) and every time it froze was when it was transitioning from gameplay to a cutscene. Fortunately it didn't freeze for me at all while going for the 2 saves or less playthrough so I was able to clear that with no issues.

One thing I did notice though, there was a problem with the Heather Beam. More often than not the beam would look like it hit the enemies, but they'd take no damage and have no knockback and it would take almost my entire stamina bar (on easy difficulty no less) to kill a single dog. It was extremely inconsistent on hitting enemies. Since I don't remember much from using it in the PS2 version, is this normal or yet another glitch?

oCAJUNally
03-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Silent Hill 3 froze on me a total of 4 times in the time it took me to get all the achievements in that game. The times it froze were after lengthy play sessions so it could've had something to do with my console overheating I suppose (I have an older model) and every time it froze was when it was transitioning from gameplay to a cutscene. Fortunately it didn't freeze for me at all while going for the 2 saves or less playthrough so I was able to clear that with no issues.

One thing I did notice though, there was a problem with the Heather Beam. More often than not the beam would look like it hit the enemies, but they'd take no damage and have no knockback and it would take almost my entire stamina bar (on easy difficulty no less) to kill a single dog. It was extremely inconsistent on hitting enemies. Since I don't remember much from using it in the PS2 version, is this normal or yet another glitch?

To me, it seems as though playing on higher difficulties causes more issues with the games. It would make sense, having more enemies, faster enemies, etc. (it's still a major error with the collection though) For example, my first 2 playthroughs of SH2, I was playing on normal, and had zero issues whatsoever. However, on my 3rd run, I went up to hard, and had major problems with framerate, sound, and other things.

If I'm right, could you even imagine trying to beat SH3 on Extreme X? It would probably be absolutely unplayable.

As for the Heather beam, sorry, can't help you there.