PDA

View Full Version : How to trigger steel on bones

Devolon
03-23-2012, 11:25 PM
OK, I know everyone says it happens on random, but I just can't believe it, I mean it's still ninja gaiden, right? There has to be a logic to it. So, in the name of science, I experimented a bit and I'd like to know if what I concluded sounds right/promising (I'm talking story mode / ninja trials here, not MP):

I think it has to do with your combo-meter: I tried to keep away from the izuna drop, and build combos while using the ground game, especially the xx>xx combo in story mode. Against regular soldiers, it seems that steel on bones happens when my combo meter is around 10 (there's no combo meter in story mode, but it's definitely between 6 an 10). Chaining SOBs isn't random, that's for sure, it happens if you manage to not perform an OT on the guy you just SOBed and if a "healthy" guy is close enough.

EDIT: to clarify further, for those who did NG2 MM, it would require the same strategy as the one you used to get green orbs, except that in NG3 OT/UTs/ninpo don't count.

I know it's probably random, I'm probably wrong, but please give it a shot, because that would be a quite neat mechanic if we could master it.

CyberEvil
03-24-2012, 12:35 AM
It's random. Just more frequent on lower difficulties. Try chaining SoB in Hard or MN. Doesn't really happen.