PDA

View Full Version : Help on Trials

Powerman1469
03-24-2012, 05:34 AM
Me and a buddy been stuck on the coop trial Leader 04, got the rest done 1-3 and 5 but this flaming boss guy just kicks are asses every time. Was wondering if anyone had any tips for this guy. Thanks :)

anyone awesome at this can help me lol, ill be support :)

a7x4lyf3
03-24-2012, 05:38 AM
If you've played NG2 he has the exact same move set and the exact same style of being stunned while attacked, ALWAYS wait for him to finish a combo at least 2 times before attacking him, ALWAYS dash away at least 3 times after you finish a combo, rinse and repeat. It will not be as easy as it sounds because sometimes he counters your attacks, 1 of you should deal with him while the other takes care of the spider ninjas.

CyberEvil
03-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Don't try to interrupt his strings ever. He has a relatively long recovery after he whiffs a string, though, so take advantage and hit him with the Izuna. If you have your sword skill up high enough (Technique Level 5), use XXXXYXXXY. It's the single most damaging string in the entire game and ends with the Izuna, giving you a ton of damage, invincibility, and room to get away before he attacks again.

sxpx911
03-24-2012, 05:50 AM
i can easily do that combo but can you do that to the boss or just the normal enemies?

a7x4lyf3
03-24-2012, 05:56 AM
Don't try to interrupt his strings ever. He has a relatively long recovery after he whiffs a string, though, so take advantage and hit him with the Izuna. If you have your sword skill up high enough (Technique Level 5), use XXXXYXXXY. It's the single most damaging string in the entire game and ends with the Izuna, giving you a ton of damage, invincibility, and room to get away before he attacks again. You can izuna Drop Fiend Genshin?

CyberEvil
03-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Since you both asked the same question, yes, you can. Additionally, if you have your sword level maxed out, another extremely powerful combo is YY[Y], release Y, XXXY for Izuna. This is pretty much the doom combo and since the Y attacks guard break (not that that matters much in this game) it gives you a reprieve from their attacks. Just watch out for the God AI that randomly switches on and ignores things like guard breaks, stagger, and recovery. Then you're just out of luck. The brackets around Y in that string mean to hold it, by the way. So it'll look something like press Y twice, press the third time but hold it, release it after a second, then finish the Izuna combo. Looks partially like the move you use to OT the Archfiend in NG2, actually.

Mr Magic
03-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you saying Izuna or Izuna Drop? Because I want to see a video of you grabbing him and spinning him down to the ground on top of his head, because thats the drop.

CyberEvil
03-24-2012, 07:03 PM
They're both the same thing. Also goes by Izuna Otoshi. In any case, yes, you can do it to him. Same with the Fiend Ryu enemy. The only humanoid boss you can't do it to is the Regent of the Mask. Genshin can definitely be dropped.

EDIT: Wrong trial and wrong character. Genshin can be grabbed. Fiend Genshin laughs and Underworld Drops you for it. My bad.

a7x4lyf3
03-24-2012, 10:01 PM
They're both the same thing. Also goes by Izuna Otoshi. In any case, yes, you can do it to him. Same with the Fiend Ryu enemy. The only humanoid boss you can't do it to is the Regent of the Mask. Genshin can definitely be dropped.

EDIT: Wrong trial and wrong character. Genshin can be grabbed. Fiend Genshin laughs and Underworld Drops you for it. My bad. That's what I figured lol, I was sitting here thinking to myself "how the hell does our little characters wrap their arms around this beast of a man" xD

CyberEvil
03-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah I forgot about Fiend Genshin. Just beat him a couple more times with Mr. Magic and another friend of his but yeah...not easily. 360+Y seems to be about the best method of dealing damage with some i-frames but Genshin seems to choose when he wants to react to the move with stagger or just grab you when it finishes. Fun.