PDA

View Full Version : Beat down Big Daddy

Acrid Placidity
08-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Anyone throw down with big daddy using only a wrench? When he gets weak his armor starts falling off and blood spurts everywhere. I didn't notice this using bullets.

Lunacy182
08-23-2007, 11:40 AM
No, but I'll have to try this. I love the detail in this game.

Tankazz X
08-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Haven't tried this but I think I will -- probably easier when you fully resaerch them (I think one gets weak to wrench-swings when fully researched) :chair

Shinobi273
08-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I was reading a review or something saying that the wrench is a broken weapon, totally overpowered when used in combination with tonics. It might be in the superguide from 1up. Sounded simple enough: silent steps, extra dmg when undetected, life steal melee, increased mele dmg, electric skin, etc. I haven't played the game yet so I'm not sure how hard it is to get all that, but it sounded promising.

Tankazz X
08-24-2007, 12:03 AM
The wrench was my most used weapon by far, but I generally went for boomy weaponry vs big daddies (frags, proximity mines, incendiary bolts, etc) But the wrench is a powerhouse when tonic'd, and I love it :)

Combo ftw -- Physical: Bloodlust, SportBoost(if you'd like), SportBoost 2, Natural Camoflauge
Combat: Wrench Jockey, Wrench Jockey 2, Damage Research, Damage Research 2, Frozen Field 2, Wrench Lurker (2 if there is one, i cant remember)

Can change frozen field to Electric Flesh 2, if you'd like :)

For ultimate wrench-powered destruction :D

Yoshi6107
08-24-2007, 11:04 AM
I'm definitely trying this today when I get home from school.

abartshe
08-24-2007, 02:13 PM
i haven't tried this yet because the big daddies charge you and knock you down. so i have kept my distance and just used the machine gun to take them out