PDA

View Full Version : Silent hill 2 glitched out on me!!!!!!

Dallas
03-24-2012, 11:54 PM
I finished the game six different times earning each ending as well as the sub scenario. Once I had finished my sixth play through, on the stats screen it said that I had 4/4 +3 of the endings which is all of them. So I started my hard play through for earning the 10 stars. Once I finished it, it said that I had only completed 3/4 +2!!!! I have no idea why or what to do!!!
On one of my earlier playthroughs I played on hard so I could make saves before bosses to practice on before I tried my 10 star playthrough. So before my 10 star playthrough I loaded up those old saves to practice and I noticed that when I finished my game on the old hard save my stats at that time were 3/4 +2 for my playthroughs! So I thought that by loading up those saves to practice somehow made the game think that I had only the 3/4 +2 endings stats. So then I tried dashboarding it, then loaded up my results screen saying that I had 4/4 +3 for my endings, then loading up my latest save for my 10 star playthrough and then finished the game again, but when I did, it still said 3/4 +2...
I don't know what to do. And despite what the achievement guide says, you DO NOT HAVE TO LOAD YOUR RESULTS SCREEN TO START A NEW GAME!!! Once you finish a playthrough and save after the end results screen, you just go to NEW GAME and your previous endings is accounted for on the end results screen. Basically I'm about to erase all my saves and start over again completely. But If anyone has any ideas, please tell me. This really sucks...

Ceris
03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
The reason why I said load your results screen is because if you don't, the game won't remember that you have the 4/4(+3). You probably had one of your older files loaded which was the 3/4(+2). The file has to be loaded so you can add onto it.

Dallas
03-25-2012, 12:21 AM
I am trying that now with a new game. I never actually loaded up my results screen before starting a new game, not once and shut off my console before starting a new game.

Ceris
03-25-2012, 12:27 AM
That is because it is already loaded. I always load it just in case you have a different save file interfering, just like what happened to you.

Neme6ben
10-07-2012, 02:05 AM
so i'm not the only one with this problem...