PDA

View Full Version : Who has finished Master Ninja so far?

a7x4lyf3
03-25-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm on the end of day 7, just trying to get passed all the soldiers in the sub then I have to fight Theodore (Regent of the mask) then on to tackle Day 8!

Evo Kazz
03-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Sampled MN yesterday on a friends console and its tons easier than NG2

hayabusaDGO
03-25-2012, 12:34 PM
yes and like some rep says..beginning of day6,day7
and yes day1 for me it's real pain!:mad:
1000times of izuna drops:p

spoiler video (final boss in master ninja)
Ninja Gaiden 3 - Final Boss & Ending (Spoiler) Master Ninja - YouTube

CyberEvil
03-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm at the lab on Day 3. Very frustrating. The combat isn't any more difficult but the framerate doesn't hold up and the enemies only know how to grab. The fight in Day 3 with the two turrets took me an hour (slight exaggeration).

HanzoHasashi
03-25-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm currently stuck at the beginning of day 6, had to give me a break as I was close to throw the controller :eek: - but was already a couple times down with the last wave (Ezio's brothers, which keep coming from nowhere). Them being white in the snowstorm doesn't help either :o

a7x4lyf3
03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
I finished Master Ninja earlier today, very stressful due to the grab happy enemies draining my health bar in 1 grab, but a very useful combo against armored enemies and even the Alchemists, do a wind path or just jump towards them and while in the air rotate the left analog stick 360 clockwise and press Y the moment you hit the ground, Ryu should rapidly spin his sword in a circle damaging all around him and will hit an enemy into the air at the end of this, from there you can do your Izuna (This part of the combo will not work on the alchemists as you need to have damaged them enough to pull off an izuna) but it does however work on the guys with the adagas and the black spider ninjas with the claws, another effective but cheap method on the alchemists is if there is a wall nearby just spam flying bird flip and Y, it will always stun them if it connects and it's very easy to pull off, takes about 4-5 of these on Master Ninja to get them in their weak state to pull off an Izuna.

CyberEvil
03-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Alchemists don't bother me so much as the chimeras. They're ridiculous on MN.

a7x4lyf3
03-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Alchemists don't bother me so much as the chimeras. They're ridiculous on MN.The Chimera didn't give me much trouble, it was mostly those damn brutes any fight with them I did everything as cheap as possible.

CyberEvil
03-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Chimera are the snakes and gorillas. I think one of us is confused lol.

mrozzzy
03-26-2012, 01:20 AM
Alchemists don't bother me so much as the chimeras. They're ridiculous on MN.

I don't even know if there are any good techniques to use on them other than playing keep away and spamming jumping arrow shots. It's slow, tedious and boring, but it gets the job done (eventually) and preserves health (if you're lucky to avoid their grabs when you land).

PS - If anyone wants to do the Ninja Trials, hit me up. I need Trials 2 & 5 on MN and 1-3 on UN and then I'm done. Thanks. gamertag = mrozzzy

CyberEvil
03-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Just finished Day 5. Only three left to go. Should hammer those out tomorrow night or Tuesday at the latest. This game is sorely trying my patience with this nonsense. So many broken encounters on MN.

a7x4lyf3
03-26-2012, 06:08 AM
I don't know it's kind of dumb to refer one name to 2 different enemies, I call the snakes the Chimera and the other ones Gorillas/Brutes.

CyberEvil
03-26-2012, 06:27 AM
Collectively they're chimera. Otherwise I call them snakes and gorillas. I didn't name them. The game did. Blame Team NINJA.

Painkiller Q8
03-26-2012, 08:19 AM
my friend just finished it on Master... his gamertag is: KA Gaiden 57

HanzoHasashi
03-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Finished, was struggling in the beginning but once I had the 1st day I figured out how to deal with the lags n bugs :)

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-28-2012, 11:38 AM
I dont even think i could finish hard. For me personally this is harder than ng2 only because of the lame ass unblockable spam grab moves!

SonsOfDisaster
03-28-2012, 01:04 PM
for the gorilla's I just attack them 4 or 5 times with X until I hear the parry sound, then I dodge behind them and do the same thing till I can execute them.

The enemy that bugs me is that flying head that shoots the laser beam - after I take him down that 4 legged monster with the scythe is a pain if you do not have a red arm at the time... is there a good method for it?

ianjcm
03-28-2012, 03:23 PM
I've started my 2nd MN run to get a better karma score and I found a great strategy for dealing with the serpents and gorillas. I just passed the acid pit again and this helped immensely.
Serpents: you can deal with them two ways. One is to hit XXY. This is also the combo you want to use to finish them off when they are in, what I like to call, the bleeding state. When there are visible blood marks on them. You can use XXY while dodging sometimes to avoid throws also sliding at them after the combo stuns them for a second and allows tiu to do it again.
Alternatively you can do a wind run at them (X+A) and do an onlanding 360Y. This combo will shoot you into the air, but if you don't press anything on the way down you can do another 360Y and continue until they are bleeding. Then finish them with XXY.

Gorillas: XYXXX. This is the only combo you need. It will go around any throw attempts and kills them the quickest. Occasionally they will block one of the hits, but that's what you want because it allows you to continue this combo until they are dead. After they block it, simply dash behind them and hit XYXXX again. If you are able to finish the whole combo without getting hit, sometimes its good to dash away from them once before doing the combo again.

Scythe spiders : these guys are a pain without this technique. The best way to fight them is up close because they throw their scythe full screen otherwise.
XYY dash forward XYY dash forward XYY dash forward XY onlanding 360Y

IHeartParamore
03-29-2012, 01:31 AM
I finished it earlier. Was I the only one that thought some of the changes they made from Hard to Master Ninja actually made the fights easier? There were 3 distinct areas where they changed enemy spawns and made it easier (imo) on MN.

CyberEvil
03-29-2012, 08:05 AM
In a couple situations, putting alchemists in instead of a normal wave did make it easier, yeah. Didn't notice any others though.

IHeartParamore
03-29-2012, 02:32 PM
The fight in Day 6 that ended with 3 consecutive Scythe Fiends on Hard (then you fall through the wooden floor) was identical on Master Ninja, but ended with just 2. The long fight just before the car sequence in Day 8 was 2 fights full of purple casters, then ended with 6 ezio wannabes, which was essentially 1, as when they spawned you could just UT 2 of them then ninpo another 3. That was instead of a long fight with plenty of the chimera and little electric shits, then ending with 5 alchemists. There was a fight earlier on just before a kunai climb that ended with a few alchemists also on hard. On MN it was identical, except the 2nd wave of enemies was the stronger version of the little electric shits. Then no alchemists at the end. They die with an izuna drop just like the weaker versions so there was no difference in difficulty.

They're just a few off the top of my head cause I did Hard Tuesday, and MN Wednesday. So they're still fresh in my head.