PDA

View Full Version : There is a Big Moveset for the Katana!

Dark Anaconda
03-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Hey guys,

about 1 point i was ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!

First i was like: Omg...you don`t have so much Movesets for the Katana like in the previous games ,but i was absolutely wrong.

Especially in NM Mode you should try to use different techniques ,there are more powerfull attacks than the izuna drop , you have to try them out , i recommend you to do this!

Omg that is such a stupid mistake...you have to look really carefully in the moveset menu ,you have different categories.

While Ryu is sliding
While Ryu is in the air
While Ryu is staying

If you put them ALL together , you will recognize that you have pretty much the same amount of movesets like in the previous games.

Now i understand ,they took the "Live Inventory Concept" like in Resident Evil 5 ,which means you don`t have to go to the "menu" and search and search for the right moveset, you don`t need to do that anymore ,because now you can fight and look in to the movesets.

The Live Inventory Concept represents that a game is modern, i am not saying its cool ,good or bad ,but it is modern, more and more new games are going to use this.

For Example:

Ninja Gaiden:

If you wanted to look for the izuna drop in the previous NG Games ,you have to open the Menu > Swords > Techniques > scrolling down> Izuna Drop name and description ( thats why it takes so long to find the move and thats why it looks like you have so many swordskills in the previous ninja gaiden games ,because the name and description of the move is taking "space"

NOW you can fight and look at the same time for the move you want, use your right analog stick and you will see.

I know its not that beautiful like in the previous games ,but its very usefull for the fighting ,for example if you forget how to use that certain skill ,you can see it now in like 3 seconds and not in 12 seconds anymore.

You know what i am trying to say?

Another Example: Resident Evil

In the old Resident Evil Games ,if you want to use a "Green Herb" you have to open the menu> click the green herb and press > use

in Resident Evil 5 there is a "Live inventory concept" you are just using 2 buttons instead of 3 or 4 Buttons and it takes you like 1 or 2 seconds to use a green herb ,in the old RE Games it took you like 6 seconds to use it.

I hope you guys know what i am trying to say.

Now i am going to enjoy NG3 more and more ,plus we will get 2 more Weapons which will have a big moveset too ,so yeah its getting better and better!

CyberEvil
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Nearly every move in that garbage list is a variation of a single combo. There are perhaps ten unique strings with variations on them and some single moves. And guess what? It's still just a sword.

Dark Anaconda
03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
There are some strong techniques ,which are really helpful in my eyes ,but yeah some of them are like a copy from another move.

But i have to figure out which techniques i should use against "bigger enemies" ,i do like to fight with different techniques, sometimes the fight is getting longer and longer (even if it isn`t neccessary) but i want to fight a little bit more stylish.

rc deaths agent
03-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I liked the old move list in inventory system better. I can't stand trying to learn a move with an open menue on screen. Atleast give us a practice mode if you're going to do that.

Dark Anaconda
03-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Try this: "Lock On"

Press the Back Button to open the Movelist Menu ,now press the :dup: Button to open the Weapon Menu.

Now scroll down with :ddown: and look for a move you want to use.

Make sure to have "AUTO" and a "Key Symbol next to it , in the right corner of the Movelist Screen.

Now press the A Button to choose the Move you want to use.

Now you can see the move all the time ,you can see it while you are fighting.
This way you can see and try that move at the same time on the enemy.

For me its easier to learn new skills ,because you can see them all the time.

In the previous NG Games you have to go to the menu ,look for the skills ,close the menu and "remember" the Moveskill you want to use, now you don`t need to do that ,because you can see the Move always ,even when you are fighting ,running ,whatever.

Maybe this helps

CyberEvil
03-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Remembering a name and sequence is easier than picking the one with one less 'X' in it. Just saying.

Devolon
03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Nearly every move in that garbage list is a variation of a single combo. There are perhaps ten unique strings with variations on them and some single moves.

Agreed, NG2's DS had a much more diverse moveset, and it was only one of eight weapons...

Shigurui
03-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I liked the old move list in inventory system better. I can't stand trying to learn a move with an open menue on screen. Atleast give us a practice mode if you're going to do that.
There is a practice mode mate, get to if from the Shadows of the World menu. It's just a Ninja mannequin you beat the crap out of but it's ok for learning new moves.

Rune Ocarina
03-26-2012, 03:10 PM
There is a practice mode mate, get to if from the Shadows of the World menu. It's just a Ninja mannequin you beat the crap out of but it's ok for learning new moves.

You only get so much time to practice on it.

CyberEvil
03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
No, if you go in manually it is infinite time. You're thinking of loading for trials and mp. It's still a terrible mode though.