PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

PerpetualHeaven
08-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Please discuss all achievement related comments/questions here.

zdarko43
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
for some reason, for the life of me, i cannot beat this damn stage. i have been trying non stop for the past week. the closest i have gotten was in the third load part while trying to escape the explosions. i was maybe 15 seconds away from escaping with being undefeated, when i got stuck on some piece of crap that was invisible, which makes me conclude, that they really dont want me to get the last achievment on this game.

the rest of the games achievements really weren't bad at all, i struggled a little bit on the hoth battle, but i just cant seem to do the very last flying stage. its the ONLY achievement i have left to finish.

if anyone has any better strategies that have seemed to work for them in the past, that would be greatly appreciated. Like, is it easer to fly out of the exploding death star if i am a certain vehicle?

well thanks for any help!!! i highly appreciate it!

xRogue 5x
08-24-2007, 03:14 PM
there is a strat somewhere that I found and used either here or on gamefaqs. Use the tie intereceptor and keep the fire button held down while you are constantly dodging from left to right.

On the way out try to stay off the side as there pieces of metal that hang down from the ceiling and are hard to see. Keep firing even on your out as they can be destroyed.

zdarko43
08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
yeah thats pretty much the strategy i used for the most part. the first time while escaping the death star i kept dodging left and right, which after the second section loaded, i found myself spinning in a loopy loop and the explosion caught up to me, causing me to die.

i guess im just more frusterated than anything else, really.

but i usually used darth vader's tie fighter... so its better with the tie interceptor? i was checking them out to see which amongst them all is the fastest but i couldnt tell much of a difference anyways..

i appreciate the help, and hopefully this weekend i'll be able to finish it out.

Pyroman31
08-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I used the millenium falcon for the Death Star 2 undefeated achievement. Works great.

zdarko43
08-25-2007, 04:05 AM
yeah i finally got it! thanks guys!

Cubituss
11-24-2007, 07:44 PM
The 100% achievement is glitched a little - if it does not show after getting 100% completion (this is the point when you want to smash your Xbox), you need to finish one more level (I suggest Rescue the Princess from Ep IV on freeplay, it's the fastest to run through) for the achievement to be achieved. 180 GS!

The method described elsewhere of forcing a minisave through fiddling with character creator does NOT work.

Would be great if someone could update the achievement guide - many thanks by the way, it was very helpful!

ArtzryD
12-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Credit goes to Sircuddles for this, but someone mentioned they couldn't remember where they found it. Could this be it?

Almost everyones last, horrid achievement for Lego Star Wars (http://www.****************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27986#) II is the last mission undefeated. I had a hard time finding any sort of advice on how exactly to get this done, and have now come up with an ace strategy. Anyone who hasn't gotten this who reads this should be able to cut the amount of time they spend trying to get it in half.

Outside the Death Star:
Ship: TIE Interceptor

This part is so easy, I don't think I've ever died on it. Shoot down the bombers, bomb the destroyers. If you get low on hearts, hang around after a destroyer has gone down, they usually drop a heart or two. If not, fly around until you kill some TIE and refill to full, you'll need it. Right after you blow up the last ship, switch to the Y Wing and wait for the screen change.

Tunnel 1:
Ship: Y Wing

Hold the controller (http://www.****************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27986#) with your left hand normally, and set the right half of the controller on your lap. Basically, position yourself so you have 1 finger on each of the buttons you need, X, A, and B. Why do this? It makes this entire level from here on in much, much easier.

Make sure you're always, always firing. Just keep X held down. Press forward until you get some speed and then start rolling. Rolling doesn't block shots, but makes it so that you almost never get hit in this section. Once you have some speed, press left and A, then right and A, and keep going back and forth the entire time, never stop rolling. Once you get to the bomb dispenser, do the turn-around move over and over on top of it until you have 5 full bombs (this is why you use the Y Wing). Once you do, head forward and roll to get past the last 2 turrets and roll all the way to the door you need to bomb.

In this part you can either circle (i.e fly in literal circles) or shoot a bomb, then turn around, shoot another, turn around. Either of these ways works well. Once again, if you're holding the controller partially in your lap, throwing bombs while shooting and rolling becomes much easier.

Tunnel 2:

Stock up on full bombs using the turn-around technique and head down the corridor. Roll constantly, a few TIEs will be coming after you (they're hard to see), and always keep firing. Once you get to the room with the missle launchers, pick one and fly slowly towards it until it opens, fire a missle right away, turn-around and start flying evasively. Roll, flip, anything. Do the same for the second one. If you're low on hearts, turn around and go back down the corridor. Hearts in here seem to stay forever, so pick a few up. Remember to always fire and roll when going down the corridor, as TIEs will still be after you. Once you're full, head into the final room.

Death Star Core:
Ship: Millenium Falcon

Why use the Falcon? In short, for its 360 degree firing arc. This lets you fire at TIEs and at the wall panels without aiming for either. The technique for getting rid of the panels is to fly perpindicular to them slowly. When a TIE starts coming, press A to do a flip and keep firing the whole time. If the TIE goes out of range or gets killed, you'll automatically be firing at the panel beside you. Do this for all of the panels. If you need to refill hearts, check the panel holes after you destroy them or check the TIEs that you've killed. In this room doing flips back and forth works much better than rolling left/right because of the Falcons firing arc. Once this is done, you just have to shoot the core.

This part kind of sucks, because if you aim slowly the TIEs will eat you for supper. The best way is to fly away from the core and try to time a turn-around for when it's vulnerable. This can take some practice, but it works well. If TIE's are getting too heavy, do some flips and get rid of a couple, then try again. Once it's down, shoot a missle.

The Escape:
Ship: Snowspeeder

Why use a Snowspeeder? It's small and it's not too fast. This limits your chances of getting stuck, which happens often if you're using the Falcon (which can shoot side walls instead of beams in front of you) and some of the other ships. Moving slightly slower gives you more firing time, which leaves less obsticles.

Press down on your analog stick and hold the fire button. Hope you don't get stuck. That's about it for this part. I had never, ever gotten stuck on this part until I started trying to get this achievement, and after using the Snowspeeder ONCE, I got it no problem. You'll come into a lot of close calls, but since the ship is so small, it tends to sneak through instead of getting stuck.

Lord Chabelo
01-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Anyone have any hints/tips for completing the character and mini kit bonuses. I always end up getting the 1 million a little after the 5 minute mark

Shinobi273
01-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Use Greedo for the character ones and the Millenium Falcon for the Minikit ones. Find two spots close to each other that generate alot of studs and just keep going between those two.

Lord Chabelo
01-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Use Greedo for the character ones and the Millenium Falcon for the Minikit ones. Find two spots close to each other that generate alot of studs and just keep going between those two.

I did for Episode IV, but V and VI there isn't such a place. They only have on spot that generates a lot of studs

Shinobi273
01-15-2008, 06:21 PM
I did for Episode IV, but V and VI there isn't such a place. They only have on spot that generates a lot of studs

How long does it take you? I just want to know how much time you need to shave off to get a better idea of what kinds of tips you need.

Lord Chabelo
01-15-2008, 06:27 PM
On Episode V character bonus I'm over by about 40 seconds, and on Episode VI mini kit bonus I am over by almost a minute.

Shinobi273
01-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Have you turned the super blaster and invincibility cheats on? Apparently you can do that.

What levels are those I can't remember.

Lord Chabelo
01-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Superblaster, no. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

calzord
02-05-2008, 01:28 PM
does anyone know any codes?

Lord Chabelo
02-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Any tips for beating Rebel Attack on undefeated?

Shinobi273
02-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Any tips for beating Rebel Attack on undefeated?

Could you elaborate more on the level and what areas you are having trouble with?

Rink Rat 55
02-13-2008, 04:26 PM
I am having problems getting mini-kit number to for Episode 6 Betrayal Over Bespin. I built all 3 blue objects that are needed to be built but no mini-kit appeared. In fact, each one i built said I have done 1/3, 2/3 and the last one right before the end of the level 3/3. But, I am just given money when I build the 3rd one and no mini-kit appeared. What gives? Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I am going for 100% completion and if I can't get this mini-kit to work, that achievement is thrown out the window. Thank you for your time.

PS: I have played the level in Story and Free Play mode and nothing is working.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently I didn't do number 6 in the "correct way" to get it since I now got it.

doctor lollypop
02-23-2008, 04:22 PM
can u just turn on invincibility to get all the flying levels undefeated?

StumpyFlesh
02-23-2008, 08:55 PM
can u just turn on invincibility to get all the flying levels undefeated?

No, you can't have any extras turned on for the undefeated achievements.

DeadlyFishy
06-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Credit goes to Sircuddles for this, but someone mentioned they couldn't remember where they found it. Could this be it?

Almost everyones last, horrid achievement for Lego Star Wars (http://www.****************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27986#) II is the last mission undefeated. I had a hard time finding any sort of advice on how exactly to get this done, and have now come up with an ace strategy. Anyone who hasn't gotten this who reads this should be able to cut the amount of time they spend trying to get it in half.

Outside the Death Star:
Ship: TIE Interceptor

This part is so easy, I don't think I've ever died on it. Shoot down the bombers, bomb the destroyers. If you get low on hearts, hang around after a destroyer has gone down, they usually drop a heart or two. If not, fly around until you kill some TIE and refill to full, you'll need it. Right after you blow up the last ship, switch to the Y Wing and wait for the screen change.

Tunnel 1:

Hold the controller (http://www.****************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27986#) with your left hand normally, and set the right half of the controller on your lap. Basically, position yourself so you have 1 finger on each of the buttons you need, X, A, and B. Why do this? It makes this entire level from here on in much, much easier.

Make sure you're always, always firing. Just keep X held down. Press forward until you get some speed and then start rolling. Rolling doesn't block shots, but makes it so that you almost never get hit in this section. Once you have some speed, press left and A, then right and A, and keep going back and forth the entire time, never stop rolling. Once you get to the bomb dispenser, do the turn-around move over and over on top of it until you have 5 full bombs (this is why you use the Y Wing). Once you do, head forward and roll to get past the last 2 turrets and roll all the way to the door you need to bomb.

In this part you can either circle (i.e fly in literal circles) or shoot a bomb, then turn around, shoot another, turn around. Either of these ways works well. Once again, if you're holding the controller partially in your lap, throwing bombs while shooting and rolling becomes much easier.

Tunnel 2:

Stock up on full bombs using the turn-around technique and head down the corridor. Roll constantly, a few TIEs will be coming after you (they're hard to see), and always keep firing. Once you get to the room with the missle launchers, pick one and fly slowly towards it until it opens, fire a missle right away, turn-around and start flying evasively. Roll, flip, anything. Do the same for the second one. If you're low on hearts, turn around and go back down the corridor. Hearts in here seem to stay forever, so pick a few up. Remember to always fire and roll when going down the corridor, as TIEs will still be after you. Once you're full, head into the final room.

Death Star Core:
Ship: Millenium Falcon

Why use the Falcon? In short, for its 360 degree firing arc. This lets you fire at TIEs and at the wall panels without aiming for either. The technique for getting rid of the panels is to fly perpindicular to them slowly. When a TIE starts coming, press A to do a flip and keep firing the whole time. If the TIE goes out of range or gets killed, you'll automatically be firing at the panel beside you. Do this for all of the panels. If you need to refill hearts, check the panel holes after you destroy them or check the TIEs that you've killed. In this room doing flips back and forth works much better than rolling left/right because of the Falcons firing arc. Once this is done, you just have to shoot the core.

This part kind of sucks, because if you aim slowly the TIEs will eat you for supper. The best way is to fly away from the core and try to time a turn-around for when it's vulnerable. This can take some practice, but it works well. If TIE's are getting too heavy, do some flips and get rid of a couple, then try again. Once it's down, shoot a missle.

The Escape:
Ship: Snowspeeder

Why use a Snowspeeder? It's small and it's not too fast. This limits your chances of getting stuck, which happens often if you're using the Falcon (which can shoot side walls instead of beams in front of you) and some of the other ships. Moving slightly slower gives you more firing time, which leaves less obsticles.

Press down on your analog stick and hold the fire button. Hope you don't get stuck. That's about it for this part. I had never, ever gotten stuck on this part until I started trying to get this achievement, and after using the Snowspeeder ONCE, I got it no problem. You'll come into a lot of close calls, but since the ship is so small, it tends to sneak through instead of getting stuck.

^^^ This guide is amazing! I got the achievement in ONE try thanks to this!! :woop::woop::woop:

Bergashnurga
07-28-2008, 11:21 PM
100% in how many days/hrs? i read somewhere 10-15 but idunno.

BAaI34roach
08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
now i have been reading how to go undefeated in the flying missions and i have one question.... u guys say this one is better than that one, but aren't you restricted to the ones that the game gives you? or are you able to get these achievements on free play?

HacksawDoomx187
08-28-2008, 02:09 PM
On episode VI chapter V (Jedi Destiny) I cant seem to get minikit #5....its the one where you drop down from the area where the emperor is electrocuting the floor panels and enter a room with 12 panels that are supposed to light up when you walk over them but nothing happens...does anyone know what to do??? This is the only minikit i have left and i bought the minikit detector and everything but this minikit wont show up nor will the floor light up. If you have any help at all that you can provide I'd really appreciate it.

http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/Hacksawdoomx187.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Hacksawdoomx187)

Domerchuchu
08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
On episode VI chapter V (Jedi Destiny) I cant seem to get minikit #5....its the one where you drop down from the area where the emperor is electrocuting the floor panels and enter a room with 12 panels that are supposed to light up when you walk over them but nothing happens...does anyone know what to do??? This is the only minikit i have left and i bought the minikit detector and everything but this minikit wont show up nor will the floor light up. If you have any help at all that you can provide I'd really appreciate it.

I haven't played LEGO star wars: the original trilogy in a while, but if its the same as LEGO star wars: the complete saga (which I think it is), then you first have to blow up all of wall decorations using something like a thermal detonator and then you walk over all twelve of the panels. I remember I had some problems with it in the original trilogy because you had to walk really fast otherwise the first few panels would become dim prior to walking over all twelve. Hope that helps :).

HellsDemon
12-20-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm going to give this another go, I'm stuck at 920GS.

I'll use the guide. but is there any other guides to the other levels?

Territats
04-18-2009, 02:33 PM
I've rented it from Blockbuster and I have found it is another of those rather time consuming games. I rented it under the impression that the achievements would be somewhat similar to Lego Indiana Jones but it's really not. I didn't even realise when I started playing it through that you had to get True Jedi on both Story and Free Play. I bought one of the Ghost characters as soon as I reached a million studs so I can start doing some of the undefeated achievements. I also can't believe how expensive some of the extras are like it costs 2 million to get the x2 and 30 million to get the x10. I've only got about 1.5 million.

TheOrionEnigma
09-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Had the game lying around and finally got to it.... great guide!