PDA

View Full Version : Estimated Difficulty?

Ceris
03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
So, I haven't gotten around to playing this game much yet. I am near heartbroken with the number of issues I had since I am a pretty big fan of both these games. So I need help coming up with an Achievement Difficulty for my road map. The average number will be placed in my guide.

EliteShadowMan
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I would say a 7 and nothing higher.

Herr Shaun
03-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Unless someone comes up with a video walkthrough for it for us to follow to the letter, 10/10 because of the Green Hyper Spray achievement.

Ceris
03-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Turns out PS3Trophies.org does difficulty polls as well. I will use the combined scores to rate this collection. The PS3T SH2 Guide says 9/10 for now... Maybe my 5/10 is WAY too easy^^

Tha Mantis
03-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah, at least a nine for the spray. I've been doing "practice" runs on hard while going for different ending, and it's going to be a pain in the ass. My biggest problem is the melee kills and the under 500 damage, I cant melee anything on hard without getting hit it seams.

Dallas
03-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Since I've done this. Take it from me, it's an 8/10. I've done some tough games and I can give my honest opinion.

oCAJUNally
03-27-2012, 03:36 AM
7/10.

I'm a long time player of the Silent Hill series, and the 10 star runs are easily the most difficult thing to do in any of them. 925/1000 is a 3-4/10, but the last 2 achievements (Who Needs a Gun, She Would Be Proud) will need absolute perfection in a run of SH2 to acquire.

I still have a couple more runs of SH2 to finish before I even attempt this (3 runs, all on hard and extra puzzle difficulty to finish endings and get prepared), but from what I can tell of the game now, it'll be quite the feat to get a 1000 on this.

Yeah, at least a nine for the spray. I've been doing "practice" runs on hard while going for different ending, and it's going to be a pain in the ass. My biggest problem is the melee kills and the under 500 damage, I cant melee anything on hard without getting hit it seams.

Stomps count as melees. I know you think otherwise, (a la your post in the guide thread) but just shoot them down and stomp them. Set bullet adjust to x3 and shot away for every enemy.

Tha Mantis
03-27-2012, 03:45 AM
7/10.

I'm a long time player of the Silent Hill series, and the 10 star runs are easily the most difficult thing to do in any of them. 925/1000 is a 3-4/10, but the last 2 achievements (Who Needs a Gun, She Would Be Proud) will need absolute perfection in a run of SH2 to acquire.

I still have a couple more runs of SH2 to finish before I even attempt this (3 runs, all on hard and extra puzzle difficulty to finish endings and get prepared), but from what I can tell of the game now, it'll be quite the feat to get a 1000 on this.

Stomps count as melees. I know you think otherwise, (a la your post in the guide thread) but just shoot them down and stomp them. Set bullet adjust to x3 and shot away for every enemy.

Yeah, my achievement popped after a stomping, game was doing its usual achievement lag, my mistake. I think that's what Im going to try next, run straight for the pistol and use guns the whole time.

oCAJUNally
03-27-2012, 06:21 AM
Just finished my first run on hard (been playing on normal up to this point). Just testing enemy positions, remembering EVERY ammo/health position, etc. Here are my stats:

Action level: Hard
Riddle level: Extra
Ending: UFO
Ending clear: 3/4(+2)
Saves: 2
Total time: 1h 44m 49s
Walking Distance: 0.92km
Running Distance: 9.20km
Items: 177(+4)
Defeated enemy by shooting: 4 (lulz)
Defeated enemy by fighting: 54 (lulz)
Boat Stage time: 1m 25s 82 (Too lazy to restart. Timed it and knew I went over. First time on hard in almost a decade, so turning confused me for about 10 seconds, that's the reason why)
Boat max speed: 3.58m/s
Total damage: 908 points (I really hate Eddie. He easily dealt about 300-400 points by himself)
Your Rank: 7.1*

I didnt kill anything in the streets (supposedly you shouldn't even try), apartments (too lazy, once again), dark streets (that's where I'd get most of my gun kills), prison, or hotel areas. I had TONS of stupid mistakes with counting my loaded bullets, sprayers (hell, I got hit by the first one in the game :D ), nurses, and I didn't try to restart at all, so the damage from stupid mistakes alone would put me down to around 500 points taken.

I'd say the 7/10 for me stands until I keep playing. I just need a real working strategy for Eddie, and more knowledge on what to expect from enemies on hard.

Infamous Chris
03-27-2012, 07:40 PM
8/10.

Not sure why someone voted 10/10...and yeah it definitely isn't a 5/10 Ceris, lol.