PDA

View Full Version : Buy Tony Hawk, Get Guitar Hero 3 Demo

DaKing240
08-23-2007, 04:09 PM
From the press release:

Guitar Hero fanatics prepare to get the first fix of the upcoming Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock video game demo with the launch of Activision, Inc.'s Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, slated to ship to stores on October 9. Players who purchase the Tony Hawk's Proving Ground game for the Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will get an exclusive two week head start on experiencing the demo to this year's hottest music based video game before its release on Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace.

"Music is such a huge part of skateboarding culture and pairing the Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock demo with Tony Hawk's Proving Ground makes perfect sense," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane. "We're excited to bring together two highly anticipated games and give fans their first chance to rock out with the franchise that's taken the world by storm."
The demo features five tracks set in the Desert Rock Tour venue. Players will be able to rock out to:

-- Lay Down (by Priestess)
-- Even Flow (by Pearl Jam)
-- The Metal (by Tenacious D)
-- Hit Me with your Best Shot (as made famous by Pat Benatar)
-- Rock You like a Hurricane (as made famous by Scorpions)
Both titles are in development by Activision's award-winning studio, Neversoft.

Rocket
08-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Thats nice, but how is this gonna work? What if I just rent it, is it on the disc itself, a seperate disc?

infradude
08-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Same thing as crackdown and halo 3 beta...sigh. I'll just wait for GH3 to come out, I'm not getting Tony Hawk. If the demo has only 5 songs then I'll wait. (Then again Halo 3 beta only had 3 maps and I wanted that.)

KlicK
08-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh good lord.

Tenacious. ****ing. D.

I need to buy Guitar Hero 3 now.

Ghost x360a
08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
I highly dought it, but will the demo feature online play?

deej brutal
08-23-2007, 07:28 PM
meh im not gonna buy this just for the demo, ill wait for gh 3 to come out because i know ill only be playing the demo and not the actual tony hawk game

WiiZero
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Tony Hawk Rawks I don't why you guys don't like it but how will it work I guess they just assume you got GHII

ZKRefleX
08-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I should have waited to get Guitar Hero III instead of buying Guitar Hero II. This is a good marketing idea but I am definitly not enough of a Guitar Hero fan to buy a video game because of a demo thats included.

JoeHacker90
08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
i cant wait for the new tony hawk. ive been playing the skate demo.

Soulfly Switch
08-23-2007, 09:55 PM
the demo will be on xbox live 14 days after tony hawk comes out.

|oneyedNewb|
08-23-2007, 10:05 PM
is this more along the lines of "sweet?" or "threat?"
im not buying the new tony hawks for a demo.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-23-2007, 10:15 PM
unless you already plan on buying tony hawk its gay.

cuz they are trying to copy the halo 3 beta with crackdown... and you already have gh2

Vista
08-23-2007, 10:19 PM
The skate. demo was okay... If the Tony Hawk Proving Ground Demo is good I will get the game and therefore get the GH III demo. If the THPG demo is bad I will just rent it and get the demo for a week or so.

TimmayTheTurtle
08-23-2007, 10:25 PM
The skate. demo was okay... If the Tony Hawk Proving Ground Demo is good I will get the game and therefore get the GH III demo. If the THPG demo is bad I will just rent it and get the demo for a week or so.

exactly my point =]

Nick G 42390
08-24-2007, 12:18 AM
i cant wait for the new tony hawk. ive been playing the skate demo.

So what if you've beenplaying the skate. demo? Tony Hawk is gonna be nothing compared to skate. Tony Hawk has officially fellen off as the skate boarding game icon. Skate is gonna blow tony hawk outta the water. Skate is so realistic and nothing tony hawk can do will beat skate unless they copy skate exactly. Screw Tony Hawk, skate's better and comes out sooner. Tony hawk is done now, thank to skate. Which I think, is a great thing cuz the last 2 tony hawk's sucked sooooo bad! About time there's a really good skate boarding game, and a realistic skate boarding game.

JoeHacker90
08-24-2007, 12:24 AM
So what if you've beenplaying the skate. demo? Tony Hawk is gonna be nothing compared to skate. Tony Hawk has officially fellen off as the skate boarding game icon. Skate is gonna blow tony hawk outta the water. Skate is so realistic and nothing tony hawk can do will beat skate unless they copy skate exactly. Screw Tony Hawk, skate's better and comes out sooner. Tony hawk is done now, thank to skate. Which I think, is a great thing cuz the last 2 tony hawk's sucked sooooo bad! About time there's a really good skate boarding game, and a realistic skate boarding game.

Who cares what you think?:eek: no one:woop:

Nick G 42390
08-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Who cares what you think?:eek: no one:woop:

Well, these are forum's where people ask for opinion and people give them so, I was giving my opinion about the games like many others have/will so no need to be a dick about it pal. I was just saying, if you've played any tony hawk game and have played the skate demo, there's no comparison. They're 2 totally different types of skating game and in my OPINION skate. just looks better so far.

JoeHacker90
08-24-2007, 12:33 AM
i like tony hawk better. FEAR THE HAWK

Nick G 42390
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
And see, that's your opinion. And I didn't be an ass about your opinion like you were about mine. See my point now?

Vista
08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
i like tony hawk better. FEAR THE HAWK

Lol... I was really anticipating Skate. the demo was mediocre... I hate the idea of having to push manually and the camera angle isn't the greatest. If the THPG impresses me looks like I WILL BE doing triple back flip button mashing 900's of a 2 foot ramp but if the demo isn't that good I wont be picking up either of the two games... (maybe a rental)

TomoyoN
08-24-2007, 12:39 AM
This is just another marketing ploy to get more people to pick up Tony Hawk. The Tony Hawk series has always been pretty decent with not many additions to each new game. I wonder if they will ever feature anything new but my curiosity is not enough for me to buy the game. Of course there are those fanatics who will pick up the game no matter what comes with it but bundling the NEW GH3 Demo will ADD a ton of new fanbase to this already successful franchise. GH is the reason why alot of people have picked up a PS2 and the reason why there are so many different additions to the hardware (wireless, 3rd party, guitar stands, guitar cases, etc.) So I would not doubt there are fanatics out there that will buy this game just to play he demo just a few days earlier.

Nick G 42390
08-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Lol... I was really anticipating Skate. the demo was mediocre... I hate the idea of having to push manually and the camera angle isn't the greatest. If the THPG impresses me looks like I WILL BE doing triple back flip button mashing 900's of a 2 foot ramp but if the demo isn't that good I wont be picking up either of the two games... (maybe a rental)

See, the whole triple back flip 900 thing was fun and all but to me it's getting to old. It's the same thing wit tony hawk every game pretty much. And if you've ever skated before or even tried tony hawk is the furthest thing from realistic skating. Skate on the other hand has a much better realistic play. And that's something I've been waiting for for awhile.

Cisumurug
08-24-2007, 12:54 AM

It's about time a realistic skateboarding game came out. But you are wrong on many things. There is still going to be a strong fan base for the Tony Hawk series. I'm sure everyone will want to play Skate but after a while people are going to want a more arcade feel and will play Tony Hawk. I think both games will even out each other and that's a good thing. Skateboarding games are fun whether they are realistic or not. But saying Tony Hawk has "fellen" as a skateboarding icon is an understatement. You are being to hard on it for no good reason other then, a new skateboarding game is coming out before hand meaning tony hawk never existed. I mean it's time something new was done with a skateboarding game but no matter how good Skate is, Tony Hawk will still be around and improving as well.

Nick G 42390
08-24-2007, 12:59 AM
It's about time a realistic skateboarding game came out. But you are wrong on many things. There is still going to be a strong fan base for the Tony Hawk series. I'm sure everyone will want to play Skate but after a while people are going to want a more arcade feel and will play Tony Hawk. I think both games will even out each other and that's a good thing. Skateboarding games are fun whether they are realistic or not. But saying Tony Hawk has "fellen" as a skateboarding icon is an understatement. You are being to hard on it for no good reason other then, a new skateboarding game is coming out before hand meaning tony hawk never existed. I mean it's time something new was done with a skateboarding game but no matter how good Skate is, Tony Hawk will still be around and improving as well.

Good points throughout lol. Ya I shouldn't have said that and I probably will get Tony Hawk because I've played it since the first one but i'm just psyched about skate. cuz I've been waiting for a game like this for awhile. I still like tony hawk but I prefer the more realistic feel in games not the arcade type feel.

Vista
08-24-2007, 01:10 AM
See, the whole triple back flip 900 thing was fun and all but to me it's getting to old. It's the same thing wit tony hawk every game pretty much. And if you've ever skated before or even tried tony hawk is the furthest thing from realistic skating. Skate on the other hand has a much better realistic play. And that's something I've been waiting for for awhile.

I actually just stopped playing the skate demo and there was a 2 foot ramp and i did a backflipwhere my ass landed on the board and i started to skate on my ass then I got up, really realistic.

Nick G 42390
08-24-2007, 01:13 AM
I actually just stopped playing the skate demo and there was a 2 foot ramp and i did a backflipwhere my ass landed on the board and i started to skate on my ass then I got up, really realistic.

Lol, that the kinda stuff that gets me really into the skate game. Like in skate if you run into a pole you fall of your board and hit the ground and roll and all that good stuff. In tony hawk, you hit a pole you bounce off it and keep skating.

Vista
08-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Lol, that the kinda stuff that gets me really into the skate game. Like in skate if you run into a pole you fall of your board and hit the ground and roll and all that good stuff. In tony hawk, you hit a pole you bounce off it and keep skating.

Dude I was being sarcastic... Backflipping off a ramp then landing on your ass on the board and still riding around... Thats REALLY REALISTIC HUH??

Nick G 42390
08-24-2007, 01:22 AM
You don't think if you fall ass first on a board it will keep going? That can easily happen. Maybe not the backflip part but the falling on the board and it still going can easily happen and probably does all the time.

flip
08-24-2007, 02:08 AM
what they need to do, is put up the Halo Theme Mjolnir Mix like 2 weeks before Halo 3 comes out :) that would be way better than having a gh3 demo because Tony Hawk ain't worth buying for a gh3 demo

Fonkey Monkey
08-24-2007, 02:14 AM
sweet i had planned on getting it anyway.
im getting both. tony hawk is more arcadey i suppose. but thats good for people like me who dont like skating but love playing the videogames.

Vista
08-24-2007, 02:30 AM
You don't think if you fall ass first on a board it will keep going? That can easily happen. Maybe not the backflip part but the falling on the board and it still going can easily happen and probably does all the time.

It was the move called the backflip coffin, i did it off a 3 foot kicker ramp... Just drop it skate is not REALLY REALISTIC... Is it more realistic than Tony Hawk? Yes, of course but is it like in real life? NO.
:lockedLock up this argument:locked

jtkauff
08-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm just glad that the demo isn't going to be exclusive to the TH game. I'll happily wait two weeks to play 5 songs for free via the XBL Marketplace demo download.

VaRIABLE SoUL
08-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Even Flow! sweet.. i can't wait to play (but i'll wait 2 weeks after Proving Ground comes out cuz i have no cash to buy that game lol).

btw i think both skate and tony hawk will be awesome. two diff games for two diff playing styles.