PDA

View Full Version : so the FIRE POKER is the only thing that can lower fire escapes?

eiVaL
03-26-2012, 08:47 PM
this is this f'ning stupid, i have an ax(all its variations in the game), rake, golf club, even a shovel all have edges on them that could...theoretically latch onto the bottom step an let you pull...but nothing but the fire poker gives the option to interact with it and now i cant even find one near the 2nd escape :mad:
(outside of the building where the painting puzzle is located)

Gor1lla
03-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Yup, but there is one near every ladder (except the one with the room easteregg). IIRC there is a red garage door on the other side of the street. The hook is in front of it.

eiVaL
03-27-2012, 02:46 AM
wow i finally found one all the way over in the Park, then i had to run past a few screamers cause i didnt want to break

burnoutbabe
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM
right i am baffled. I think I am the right house (one with a ? on it and at end of lambard street, directly NE of the polcie station on the map). There is a fire ladder. And there is what appears to be a fire poker on a bench nearby - its a long thin item hook at the end, like a harpoon.

But I have no idea how to get the fire poker to work with the ladder. I am standing below the ladder pressing A then X to swing, hen trying to throw it. tried on all sides of the bottom of the ladder :(

eiVaL
04-03-2012, 02:59 PM
right i am baffled. I think I am the right house (one with a ? on it and at end of lambard street, directly NE of the polcie station on the map). There is a fire ladder. And there is what appears to be a fire poker on a bench nearby - its a long thin item hook at the end, like a harpoon.

But I have no idea how to get the fire poker to work with the ladder. I am standing below the ladder pressing A then X to swing, hen trying to throw it. tried on all sides of the bottom of the ladder :(

go to Options and turn on "highlight objects" the ladders you can interact with will shine, plus there will be a window with a light on above it, theres alot of fire escapes but only like 2 you can actually interact with.

burnoutbabe
04-03-2012, 05:31 PM
i was at the right ladder, had checked on your tube :)

but i had to reload before it would become interactive. you had to have the hook lowered (using Left trigger) and then press A. then it worked! was strange.

jakspald22
04-03-2012, 07:38 PM
this is this f'ning stupid, i have an ax(all its variations in the game), rake, golf club, even a shovel all have edges on them that could...theoretically latch onto the bottom step an let you pull...but nothing but the fire poker gives the option to interact with it and now i cant even find one near the 2nd escape :mad:
(outside of the building where the painting puzzle is located)

I thought this was pretty stupid as well. I tried to use a chair a few times as well, like to stand on and pull the ladder down... didn't work out too well.