PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Need Any Help or Tips For Silent Hill 2?

Dallas
03-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Message me on live and I will do my best to help.

Tha Mantis
03-27-2012, 03:41 AM
Message me on live and I will do my best to help.

Can I ask hear lol? I want to know a good way to effectively use melee combat on hard without always (95%) taking the first hit, especially with the first enemy types that spray at you. Its the only thing that's killing my less then 500 dam. Or should I just use the pistol as soon as I get it and try to figure out which kills I got with melee and which one were with the gun?

Ceris
03-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Try strafing circles around the enemy while beating it with your pank. It worked for me back on original xbox.

MetalMudkip
03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Can I ask hear lol? I want to know a good way to effectively use melee combat on hard without always (95%) taking the first hit, especially with the first enemy types that spray at you. Its the only thing that's killing my less then 500 dam. Or should I just use the pistol as soon as I get it and try to figure out which kills I got with melee and which one were with the gun?

Knocking an enemy to the ground, and then KICKING it counts as melee. I had over 180+ melee kills and only 19 gun kills by the end of the game, the achievement guide here is wrong. Also, once you beat the game you can go to the extra options menu and put bullets to x3.

Dallas
03-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Melee kills are the easy ones to do on Hard lol. Only fight the very first enemy that the game makes you fight, then skip all the others until you get the handgun. Once you get the handgun, you shoot enemies 3 or 4 times and they will fall down, thats when you quickly run up to them (especially if they are spitters since they crawl around and bite you) and press "A" to kick them, killing them instantly and getting a melee kill. Just try to be close you enough, but just out of their attack range and you should have next to no problem with the melee kills.

TRICKY1976
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Im going for the Warp Speed (http://uk.ign.com/wikis/silent-hill-hd-collection/Warp_Speed) Complete SH2 in 3 Hours or less can i pause the game or does the clock carry on ticking??

jakspald22
04-06-2012, 03:35 AM
Im going for the Warp Speed (http://uk.ign.com/wikis/silent-hill-hd-collection/Warp_Speed) Complete SH2 in 3 Hours or less can i pause the game or does the clock carry on ticking??

You can pause by pressing the back button on the controller so it says paused in the middle of the screen. The clock keeps ticking otherwise, even if you are in the menu or checking out the map. I used pause numerous times for quite awhile at some points and always finished the game in under 3 hours

TRICKY1976
04-06-2012, 04:18 AM
You can pause by pressing the back button on the controller so it says paused in the middle of the screen. The clock keeps ticking otherwise, even if you are in the menu or checking out the map. I used pause numerous times for quite awhile at some points and always finished the game in under 3 hours

Thanks for the info Jaks cheers

sleepymexican45
04-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Could someone list the different endings and briefly describe the requirements? (no spoilers ;) )This would be hugely appreciated!!! :)

Aksh0le
04-08-2012, 05:39 PM
A list of the endings and how to obtain them properly are here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/437029-silent-hill-2/faqs/23368

Do not read the scripts involved to spoil them.

sleepymexican45
04-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks! :)