PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 - Codename "BLAH4BLAH"

judd90
03-29-2012, 12:53 AM
http://www.360haven.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6738&d=1332974426

I can't remember the source but this is the codename and the achievement list lol

fastNcurious
03-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Achievement list???

judd90
03-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Achievement list???
In there code, they are teasing lol

StolenPaper18
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Lol, what was the "codename" for halo 3? Wasn't it "Pirate Hookers" or something strange like that?

Edit: Actually, It was something to do with Pimps... Pirate Pimps? Damn! I can't remember. :P

Edit 2: It was "Pimps at Sea", lol.

DarkReign2021
03-30-2012, 02:52 AM
As any Bungie Aficionado knows, Pimps At Sea is a long-running April fools joke within the company. Every year up until recently they would announce that they had canceled their current project and that work on their true masterpiece, Pimps At Sea, was well under way. Supposedly it's in it's Beta Testing stages now and screenshots released give it a graphic quality somewhere around what you'd expect from the Atari.

My favorite to this day is the codename for the original Halo. Before it received the name "Halo" as it's official title, it was known as Blam! based on an old joke when Bungie was based in Chicago. Whenever they would hear a car screech to a stop, they would wait for a crashing sound. If no crash occurred, Robert McLees would yell "Blam" really loud so there would be a sense of completion.

Before Blam!, the original project name for Halo was actually "Monkey Nuts", but they changed it because company co-founder Jason Jones couldn't tell his mother he was working on a game called "Monkey Nuts."

fastNcurious
03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
My favorite to this day is the codename for the original Halo. Before it received the name "Halo" as it's official title, it was known as Blam! based on an old joke when Bungie was based in Chicago. Whenever they would hear a car screech to a stop, they would wait for a crashing sound. If no crash occurred, Robert McLees would yell "Blam" really loud so there would be a sense of completion.

Wow. Thanks for this tidbit. I always do this (sometimes to the chagrin of my family and friends who think it's a bit morbid). I didn't know others did it, too.

DarkReign2021
03-30-2012, 11:40 PM
I say to hell with what people think of me. I say, wear, and do things that I want when I want and I don't care what the response is. I managed to piss off a group of old ladies at work today because I wore this shirt:

http://www.tshirthell.com/funny-shirts/nailed-it/

Jokes like the one mentioned are honestly mild on my palette anyway. The best way to make things like this acceptable is to go 3 or 4 levels further. Than they see these kinds of jokes as being harmless.

Besides, you know what's funny? A Dead baby. You know what's funnier than that? A bucket full of dead babies. Funnier than that? Ones still alive at the bottom. Funnier than that? It's eating it's way out. Funnier than that? It's going back for seconds. lol