PDA

View Full Version : The iconic "Rape-scene" has been edited out of SH2

8BitSoul
03-29-2012, 11:35 AM
So apparently the scene in the apartment complex of SH2 where James sees Pyramid Head up close for the first time, has been edited. To my understanding, it's been edited to leave out the rape-scene completely. Debates have already started, as to why it's been edited. Not sure if this will be the case with the EU version of the game, or just the US ver where it was discovered. It's a shame, considering the shocking and messed up morbid effect it had on players back when it came out. The fact that there was no real explanation as to why he did it either, just made it even more disturbing.

The original unedited scene can be seen here:

Silent Hill 2 Cutscenes 13 - Pyramid Head, Apartment - YouTube

What do you think, does the removal of this iconic videogame moment have a artistic reconsideration to it, or is it just plain stupidity? Considering the fact that none of the original Team Silent members were involved with the development of this port, I'd bet my money on pointless editing of a classic franchise.

If anyone knows of any clips on YouTube or similar sites showing the edited version of this scene, please, feel free to share them here. I haven't been able to see it for myself yet. I only know what I've read in this article:

http://defaultprime.com/2012/03/21/pyramid-head-rape-scene-edited-out-of-silent-hill-2-hd/

oCAJUNally
03-29-2012, 12:05 PM
The rape scene is still in the game, unedited. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. If they did ANYTHING to affect the story of the game, they would be getting far more negative feedback than they currently are.

zhoban
03-29-2012, 05:58 PM
So apparently the scene in the apartment complex of SH2 where James sees Pyramid Head up close for the first time, has been edited. To my understanding, it's been edited to leave out the rape-scene completely. Debates have already started, as to why it's been edited. Not sure if this will be the case with the EU version of the game, or just the US ver where it was discovered. It's a shame, considering the shocking and messed up morbid effect it had on players back when it came out. The fact that there was no real explanation as to why he did it either, just made it even more disturbing.

The original unedited scene can be seen here:

Silent Hill 2 Cutscenes 13 - Pyramid Head, Apartment - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vprETGvyShM)

What do you think, does the removal of this iconic videogame moment have a artistic reconsideration to it, or is it just plain stupidity? Considering the fact that none of the original Team Silent members were involved with the development of this port, I'd bet my money on pointless editing of a classic franchise.

If anyone knows of any clips on YouTube or similar sites showing the edited version of this scene, please, feel free to share them here. I haven't been able to see it for myself yet. I only know what I've read in this article:

http://defaultprime.com/2012/03/21/pyramid-head-rape-scene-edited-out-of-silent-hill-2-hd/
I haven't heard about this in the 360 version but the first two to three seconds were taken out of the PS3 release. But supposedly it wasn't taken out, they were just really bad at porting the game.

Mei Ninja
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Just played Silent Hill 2 and the scene still seems very much there. I can record it for you too for proof, if you're so inclined.

merzitar
03-30-2012, 02:22 AM
Don't worry, I can assure EVERYBODY here that both "Rape Scenes" are there, un-edited and... full! The PS3 version only cuts out the first few seconds of Scene #1 (at least) because of bad loading times. I have just entered the hosptial, so I have seen both scenes from the apartments and yes, they're both there 100%. Good ol' Pyramid Head! ^_^

paynexkiller
03-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Kinda sick people are celebrating this...

merzitar
03-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Kinda sick people are celebrating this...
No, not at all! This scene is an important part of the story, so having it edited would be an insult to us. That would be just like saying "You're sick for playing a game where part of the story is about a paedophile". At the end of the day, it's just a story.

zhoban
03-30-2012, 04:10 PM
No, not at all! This scene is an important part of the story, so having it edited would be an insult to us. That would be just like saying "You're sick for playing a game where part of the story is about a paedophile". At the end of the day, it's just a story.
A dark, demented, twisted, depressing, amazing story.

8BitSoul
03-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Just played Silent Hill 2 and the scene still seems very much there. I can record it for you too for proof, if you're so inclined.

No need to record it. If you say it's in there (and so many of you do), I believe you ;) This collection has had bad luck written all over it ever since it was announced. First the voice-actor case, then all the delays. If they had started editing out parts of the game as well, that would have been the nail in the coffin for me. I am a huge fan of SH, and have been unhealthily obsessed with the series ever since I played the first one. I love all the original games made by Team Silent, including The Room (yeah, that's right... I liked The Room...). In the end, I just don't want them to mess up the games that Team Silent worked so hard on. These games are in my opinion some of the finest within a dead genre (survival-horror), and for them to be edited and changed, is an insult to the gamers that loved and played the games in the first place.

Madame Kennedy
06-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I read many things about the HD collection as well, many of them negative, a few sadly true (Konami not paying the original voice actors). After my first playthrough of it though, I can assure you as well that every iconic scene in the original game remains intact. It would be rather bizarre if there was editing done, since it was Konami as far as I know who released it. Unlike some games in the past which have been REMADE (Conker's Bad Fur Day, for instance), this is simply a collection of the original games ported for a more recent console.

I will say though, out of experience with the collection so far, there was a small audio-related issue that upset me somewhat. For those familiar, when James runs down the looooooong hallway at the historical society, -usually- a boat horn begins to sound as he descends deeper and deeper. It's one of my favorite audio tricks in the game. However, in the HD it's been omitted completely for some bizarre reason, the horn no longer plays. Instead it's a weird clicking noise. I even went to Youtube to check with other players, and it seems to be the same for them. Maybe it was a glitch when they were converting it to Xbox?

Either way, I wish Konami would fix it :\

zhoban
06-15-2012, 03:25 PM
I read many things about the HD collection as well, many of them negative, a few sadly true (Konami not paying the original voice actors). After my first playthrough of it though, I can assure you as well that every iconic scene in the original game remains intact. It would be rather bizarre if there was editing done, since it was Konami as far as I know who released it. Unlike some games in the past which have been REMADE (Conker's Bad Fur Day, for instance), this is simply a collection of the original games ported for a more recent console.

I will say though, out of experience with the collection so far, there was a small audio-related issue that upset me somewhat. For those familiar, when James runs down the looooooong hallway at the historical society, -usually- a boat horn begins to sound as he descends deeper and deeper. It's one of my favorite audio tricks in the game. However, in the HD it's been omitted completely for some bizarre reason, the horn no longer plays. Instead it's a weird clicking noise. I even went to Youtube to check with other players, and it seems to be the same for them. Maybe it was a glitch when they were converting it to Xbox?

Either way, I wish Konami would fix it :\
The PS3 version had the first two seconds taken out of the rape-scene. That was probably why this thread was even created.

There are quite a few problems with the game, you didn't notice how dark the game was compared to the old games? Or that instead of the fog engulfing you that it became a wall that you could never catch? Admittedly, Silent Hill 2 didn't suffer near as many problems as Silent Hill 3 did but they still suffered from problems that shouldn't have been there in the first place since they weren't there in the original games.

And this isn't me being a fanboy saying how if it's not the original it's as good, but after playing the Silent Hill HD Collection on both the PS3 and 360 I went back to play the original on my PS2 and it is amazing at how much they ruined these games.

zhoban
06-15-2012, 03:27 PM
No need to record it. If you say it's in there (and so many of you do), I believe you ;) This collection has had bad luck written all over it ever since it was announced. First the voice-actor case, then all the delays. If they had started editing out parts of the game as well, that would have been the nail in the coffin for me. I am a huge fan of SH, and have been unhealthily obsessed with the series ever since I played the first one. I love all the original games made by Team Silent, including The Room (yeah, that's right... I liked The Room...). In the end, I just don't want them to mess up the games that Team Silent worked so hard on. These games are in my opinion some of the finest within a dead genre (survival-horror), and for them to be edited and changed, is an insult to the gamers that loved and played the games in the first place.
There are things that were changed, either due to being lazy or incompetent I'm not sure. And Silent Hill 4: The Room wasn't a bad game, with the exception of revisiting every single area, it just wasn't a good Silent Hill game. It isn't hard to tell it was never meant to be a Silent Hill game so I treat it as such.

ANGRY NOMAC
06-22-2012, 09:02 AM
I've seen the scene recently. You know... I've played this game back when it came out and since then, I never fully understood what he was doing. Just knew that it creeped me out. Like the whole game still creeps me out.

maggotdude
07-06-2012, 09:59 PM
its still there, just walked into room 307 and, well if you can call it a rape scene, it was there.

davidmerrell
08-26-2013, 02:35 AM
That scene in the apartment just does not look like much of a rape to me. Looks more like he is grabbing them or something. It looks weird. I know that he is raping the damn thing it just does not look like much. As a matter of fact the first time I seen it I didnt even know thats what was going on.