PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking regular hyper spray?

lowtek
03-29-2012, 07:52 PM
In several FAQs some say that it is a reward for beating the game once. While others says it's unlocked by getting the same ending twice. I believe I've gotten one ending twice now. Does it matter that I've been playing on beginner? Does it have to be on normal or higher?

oCAJUNally
03-30-2012, 01:02 AM
You dont have to beat the game twice with the same ending. I believe that is for a specific color spray (blue maybe?)

Simply beat the game on any difficulty, and the better your ranking, the better color hyper spray you'll get. 10* for the green spray. You can find the hyper spray inside a motor home on the southwestern-most street on the first major area of the streets. (sorry I cant remember the specific name of the street at the moment)

Ceris
03-30-2012, 01:30 AM
It's Saul Street I think

I completely forgot to add that to my guide (green spray can location lol)

Herr Shaun
03-30-2012, 07:29 AM
You have to beat the game once on Normal action difficulty in order to unlock the Hyper Spray. What color of Hyper Spray (and thus, what kind of effectiveness) you get depends on the rating of your last playthrough:

10 stars: Green
8-9 stars: Yellow
5-7 stars: White
4 or less stars: Purple

lowtek
03-30-2012, 12:45 PM
You have to beat the game once on Normal action difficulty in order to unlock the Hyper Spray. What color of Hyper Spray (and thus, what kind of effectiveness) you get depends on the rating of your last playthrough:

Thank you, I'm actually half-way on normal doing the dog ending as we speak.

oCAJUNally
03-30-2012, 11:32 PM

Thanks for clarifying this. I never played below normal so i never really knew lol.

Shining Star 77
04-07-2012, 07:56 PM
As I Understand The Green Hyper Spray Is Unlocked Under These Conditions! Complete Game On Hard/Extra Riddle Difficulty, Under 3 Hours, River Sequence In Under 1.20, 75 Gun Kills, 75 Melee Kills, Take Less Than 500 Damage And Finish In Less Than 2 Saves! Insane Right, But I'm Up 4 The Challenge! Good Luck 2 All! P.S. (The Spray Appear The Next Round In The Trailer)! If Your Unsure This Is How 2 Unlock 10 Stars, Just Aim 4 The Dog Ending After Doing All This!

sleepymexican45
04-09-2012, 11:50 AM
is it possible to play on extra riddle difficulty if I'm not playing the game on hard? on the new game difficulty screen, the highest riddle setting I can choose is Hard.

Bobo
04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
is it possible to play on extra riddle difficulty if I'm not playing the game on hard? on the new game difficulty screen, the highest riddle setting I can choose is Hard.
it's a weird design decision, but you cant ever choose extra riddle difficulty... if you've unlocked it, and u choose hard, it will SOMETIMES be on extra difficulty and sometimes on hard. you can see what it's onwhen you save for the first time. for me it was automatically on extra the first time i selected hard after unlocking it. if you don't save right away, you don't have any way of knowing for sure until you get to the safe in the apartments. if the combo uses roman numerals then it's on hard... if it uses regular letters in the combo, then it's on extra. the combat difficulty has no effect.

sleepymexican45
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
thanks! :)

zhoban
04-09-2012, 10:07 PM

I think you just have to beat the game twice with any ending. I've never gone on anything outside of Beginner difficulty and I have the Hyper Spray.

Bobo
04-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I think you just have to beat the game twice with any ending. I've never gone on anything outside of Beginner difficulty and I have the Hyper Spray.

i can confirm this... well... i can confirm that it's not based on difficulty because i did the same thing