PDA

View Full Version : Trading This in for DMC HD Collection!

x RadicalAura x
03-30-2012, 06:00 AM
I hate Gamestop under almost all circumstances (besides midnight launches, or promos like the 60% extra trade credit they're offering now), but I will be taking NG3 in tomorrow to trade it in and payoff a new copy of the DMC HD Collection. It's shit. If you enjoy fighting waves after waves after waves of enemies who shoot tracking missiles at you every fucking three seconds, you'll love it. If not, avoid it at all possible costs and at least pick up the DMC HD Collection to get some better nostalgia. I'm putting all of my remaining faith into Itagaki and Valhalla with The Devil's Third, fuck Team Ninja.

CyberEvil
03-30-2012, 06:05 AM
GameFAQs was on your other right.

Seriously, almost all of us are pissed at how this game turned out. Doesn't mean we want GameFAQs-esque posts polluting the boards. Try Facebook or Twitter if GameFAQs isn't your style.

x RadicalAura x
03-30-2012, 06:05 AM
GameFAQs was on your other right.

Seriously, almost all of us are pissed at how this game turned out. Doesn't mean we want GameFAQs-esque posts polluting the boards. Try Facebook or Twitter if GameFAQs isn't your style.
Looks like someone's upset about wasting $60. :( At least I'm admitting that my purchase of the game was a huge fucking mistake and I'm doing something about it rather than letting it sit on my shelf and depreciate in value!

CyberEvil
03-30-2012, 06:34 AM
I spent $100, actually. My post to you had nothing to do with not wanting to admit something. I don't think I made a mistake purchasing this game as I knew most of what I was in for going in, having played a build last year. I also got some very cool NG merchandise and the DoA5 demo. As for the money, I'm not exactly lacking so I see no reason to get rid of the game until I have all the achievements. It may not be a good game, let alone a good Ninja Gaiden game, but I'm also not going to waste the purchase less than a week later. I'll just buy whatever games I want and get rid of this when I feel completely done with it. If any mistakes were made, it was on the part of Team NINJA, not myself.

Strid
03-30-2012, 10:25 AM
If any mistakes were made, it was on the part of Team NINJA, not myself.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. As a Ninja Gaiden fan I consider it a mistake that you told Team Ninja their ideas of what should happen to the series were correct, that you want more of what you got. Like it or not, think it's bad or not, you supported it. To each his own though.

That said, without Itagaki at the helm it was bound to happen. Most hardcore, none idiot, fans aren't loyal to the Ninja Gaiden brand nor Team Ninja, but to Itagaki. He's the guy who makes the good stuff, so long as he's out there doing his job, we'll be OK, probably. If Devil's Third turns out to be horrible, well, then I'd say getting upset is a bit reasonable, for we've just lost one of the only two developers out there making good games anymore.

As for the OP, if you thought some weak ass missiles in a game for casuals was irritating just wait until you fire up that old school DMC. Best of luck with 1 and 3. I will offer you this though, you're trading in a bad game for two great games (DMC 1 and 3) and a walk in the park, but still fun game in DMC 2.

Kayin
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
So I type 'Devil's Third' into google, check the past 24 hours and... this.

Sigh.

CyberEvil
03-30-2012, 04:57 PM
My only response to you, strid, is that I did no so such thing. I bought a Collectors Edition. The way this stuff works is that the games are purchased by the distributors and then if demand is there, more are purchased. I bought a SKU that can't be reordered even if there is demand, and since the game largely tanked, stores won't be back-filling. Me buying a copy that a store had already been allotted ultimately does nothing.

Kayin I feel your pain.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Was a good hack a slash. Nowhere near as good as NG2. And the constant missiles and GRAB moves were just stupid. But was pretty fun. I would MUCH rather have dmc tho

CyberEvil
03-30-2012, 11:19 PM
I picked up the DMC HD Collection a few hours ago, though I'm not sure when I'll play it. Still trying to play Warriors Orochi 3 which is phenomenal. Ryu is a ton of fun in that game. Nothing like doing an Izuna into a crowd and watching your kill count jump up by 50 haha. Ayane is kinda cool too but I think they are using a different voice actress for her...

Strid
03-31-2012, 08:15 AM
My only response to you, strid, is that I did no so such thing. I bought a Collectors Edition. The way this stuff works is that the games are purchased by the distributors and then if demand is there, more are purchased. I bought a SKU that can't be reordered even if there is demand, and since the game largely tanked, stores won't be back-filling. Me buying a copy that a store had already been allotted ultimately does nothing.

Whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose. I've been there before so I can feel you. But to clarify, since you think your dollars don't speak; when distributors check back with those stores to get a shelf count, they'll send the numbers back to Tecmo. Initial numbers are tagged as units shipped, after that check back they'll get a units sold number, the one that determines a product as pass/fail. Also, this is Tecmo Koei, they're the kings of keeping up with making games of mediocre to bad sales. A little support goes a long way here.

As for Orochi 3... man it's probably the best Musou game ever as far as I'm concerned. I like the whole Izuna Dropping a bunch of weak dudes, but picking up the big ass demons takes the cake, especially with little ol' Ayane.