PDA

View Full Version : How to Complete Each Jigsaw Puzzle in About 1 Minute 30 Seconds

Amazon XD
03-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Hey guys, I would make a video but I'm lazy and you'll get the technique just by reading this.

It's a little skill I picked up from the XBL title "Puzzle Arcade". Basically, the game gives you a whole lot of room for error. Dropping two connecting pieces next to each other almost guarantees they will connect without you having to figure it out.

So here's what you do. Pick up a piece, let it rotate properly, and then place in one of five piles. Top pieces go on top, bottom pieces go on bottom, left and right respectively, and the middle pieces (non borders) go in the middle. Once you have these piles (should be around a minute mark on a puzzle), take whichever border you prefer, and start picking up and dropping pieces onto the pile. Move back and forth on the pieces depending on where the next piece should fit (if you have the whole left bottom of a border done, start dropping the border to the left of the bottom pieces), etc etc.

Pretty soon you'll get the hang of it and understand how the game pieces the pieces together. Once you have the border done, just drop the border around the pile a few times and the puzzle should fill itself in.

After a few tries you'll get the hang of it and it'll become second nature.

If you feel like it, though its honestly a point of preference, you can stack them ALL ontop of each other and kind of move the bigger pieces onto the littler non-connected ones. If you can do it easier this way, you'll probably shave 15 seconds off each time. It doesn't seem like much, but for this, it means the difference of about 10 minutes of your time!

For the square puzzles, this will be your only option (stacking them all ontop of each other). Even though it sounds harder, square puzzles done this way will still only take about a minute 30-45.

Good luck!

If done correctly, with a total of 5 puzzles each for the six continents, and two sets of continents, you should be done with the jigsaws and squares in roughly an hour and a half.

kiskit
03-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey guys, I would make a video but I'm lazy and you'll get the technique just by reading this.

It's a little skill I picked up from the XBL title "Puzzle Arcade". Basically, the game gives you a whole lot of room for error. Dropping two connecting pieces next to each other almost guarantees they will connect without you having to figure it out.

So here's what you do. Pick up a piece, let it rotate properly, and then place in one of five piles. Top pieces go on top, bottom pieces go on bottom, left and right respectively, and the middle pieces (non borders) go in the middle. Once you have these piles (should be around a minute mark on a puzzle), take whichever border you prefer, and start picking up and dropping pieces onto the pile. Move back and forth on the pieces depending on where the next piece should fit (if you have the whole left bottom of a border done, start dropping the border to the left of the bottom pieces), etc etc.

Pretty soon you'll get the hang of it and understand how the game pieces the pieces together. Once you have the border done, just drop the border around the pile a few times and the puzzle should fill itself in.

This was the same basic strategy that worked for me, too.

Also, if you get the corners and sides arranged on jigsaws & use the dropping method they will attach easily enough. Once you have the outer frame there should only be about 6 inner pieces to fill in & at that point if the shape isn't obvious where next piece should go it really is easy since you can drop the piece in the middle & often it'll go to the correct spot even if you are not exactly dropping it in the correct location; it'll just slide over & connect if you are remotely close.

You can hit the X-button to look at each picture if you are unable to differentiate where a certain piece should go--esp. helpful on square puzzles.