PDA

View Full Version : Did Hijinx Studios DESTROY the camera?

Gio De Janiero
03-30-2012, 11:55 AM
I know recently Silent Hill HD collection has been getting a pretty bad rap due to its pretty bad upgrade/port to "HD" but I just have to ask cause I honestly don't remember...was the camera/perspectives really this bad in the original ps2/xbox versions or did Hijinx completely botch it? If these WERE the original perspectives then I have NO IDEA for the life of me how I got through this game ( don't get me wrong though as I still LOVE it) but there are SO many times were u CAN NOT see the enemy because of the view they give u and sometimes pressing LT to center it doesn't help (not to mention all the other technical snafu's that plague this collection). Konami should have let Hijinx work on it for a little longer, releasing these absolute classics like this is a travesty.

Herr Shaun
03-30-2012, 01:38 PM
The camera was the exact same in the original games.

Mei Ninja
03-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, the camera angles are no different than what they were in the original games. Frustrating at times, especially when you hit the button to move the camera and all it does is zoom in to a full frontal or completely top-down view of James. I did find the camera in SH3 to be more forgiving though.