PDA

View Full Version : Question for 10 star ranking...

Gio De Janiero
03-31-2012, 05:06 AM
When going for the 10 star ranking in order to unlock the green hyper spray do u have to complete all the goals within 1 play through? I mean to get 75 kills with melee, 75 kills with guns, collecting 150+ items, getting no more then 500 points damage, only being allowed 2 saves in the entire game, having unlocked all 7 endings, and completing it in less then 3 hours while on the hard difficulty seems pretty INSANE. Apologize if this has been asked already.

oCAJUNally
03-31-2012, 05:26 AM
All in 1 playthrough. It's easier than it may seem at first.

Gio De Janiero
03-31-2012, 05:50 AM
All in 1 playthrough. It's easier than it may seem at first.

Is it really easier then it seems? Any tips?

oCAJUNally
03-31-2012, 06:46 AM
Fast reflexes, and knowledge of where enemies, key items, ammo, etc. on hard is all you need to 10* this really. Considering you need to beat the game at least 6 times before attempting this, you should be pretty damn accustomed to the game by the time your going for 10*.

jakspald22
03-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Is it really easier then it seems? Any tips?

It is not easy at all. It takes practice, practice, practice. You have to really know what the game will be throwing at you, and be really proficient in combat. If you are not you'll take too much damage at the beginning and not have enough left for the end, and you will need it as abstract daddy and Eddie will surely attack you.

What I did was get the damage to a minimum before reaching the first save. I think I was hit a couple of times by spitters, three by nurses and a couple of times by the little bugs crawling around. My first save was right before the end of Brookhaven to ensure that Maria didn't screw me out of getting out of the hospital.

My next save was right before Eddie. I got hit a couple of times by the spitters in the labyrinth and one or two times by abstract daddy. So I knew I didn't have too much more damage to play with. Which is why I decided to save right before Eddie instead of directly after. The benefit to this was being able to play the Eddie fight over and over until I could minimize the damage he did to me. The downside was that if I messed up on the boat stage, then I'd have to fight Eddie again, making sure he didn't damage me too much, and then try for the boat stage. So if you're confident you can beat Eddie with little damage taken, then save after him. If you aren't then save before so you can do what I did. (Personally I sucked at both at first. So what I did was do a practice play through on hard, just to see what I was up against. And saved before all key points; Eddie fight, boat stage, abstract daddy, pyramid head in Brookhaven basement, etc. I practiced the things I was worst at to make sure I could do them when it came to my ten star run.)

I then did the rest of the game, which takes another ten minutes or so if you're going for the dog ending... which I would most definitely advise getting. I made sure to get all the requirements for ten stars. The only thing I wasn't sure about each time was damage so I would play through to the end results screen, check how much damage I took, and if I thought it was possible to play from the point before fighting Eddie and decrease the damage I took, then I'd do it again. I believe the first time I did this I took about 673 damage by the end, which included getting hit by the doormen in the hotel a few times as well as taking numerous shots and hits from Eddie. So I needed to shave off 173 damage and they damage I took from Eddie and the doormen, to the end was probably around 300. So did it again, and got it down to like 550. Did it again and got it down to like 515 and then I ended up trying it one more time taking very little damage from Eddie... I think it was like one shot and five or six punches and no damage from the doormen in the hotel, and I got it down to 486.

Also I helps to know that the first aid kit heals like 50 damage and the ampoule heals about 100. So I could sort of count the damage down to me by what items it took to get me back into the green status.

I know this is a long winded response but I hope it helps

CORPSIE19
03-31-2012, 11:26 PM
yea only thing i have problems with is taking less then 500 points of damage, i get screwed over by the nurses in the hospital and abstract daddy :/ any help on beating him without taking much damage?

Gio De Janiero
04-01-2012, 05:27 AM
It is not easy at all. It takes practice, practice, practice. You have to really know what the game will be throwing at you, and be really proficient in combat. If you are not you'll take too much damage at the beginning and not have enough left for the end, and you will need it as abstract daddy and Eddie will surely attack you.

What I did was get the damage to a minimum before reaching the first save. I think I was hit a couple of times by spitters, three by nurses and a couple of times by the little bugs crawling around. My first save was right before the end of Brookhaven to ensure that Maria didn't screw me out of getting out of the hospital.

My next save was right before Eddie. I got hit a couple of times by the spitters in the labyrinth and one or two times by abstract daddy. So I knew I didn't have too much more damage to play with. Which is why I decided to save right before Eddie instead of directly after. The benefit to this was being able to play the Eddie fight over and over until I could minimize the damage he did to me. The downside was that if I messed up on the boat stage, then I'd have to fight Eddie again, making sure he didn't damage me too much, and then try for the boat stage. So if you're confident you can beat Eddie with little damage taken, then save after him. If you aren't then save before so you can do what I did. (Personally I sucked at both at first. So what I did was do a practice play through on hard, just to see what I was up against. And saved before all key points; Eddie fight, boat stage, abstract daddy, pyramid head in Brookhaven basement, etc. I practiced the things I was worst at to make sure I could do them when it came to my ten star run.)

I then did the rest of the game, which takes another ten minutes or so if you're going for the dog ending... which I would most definitely advise getting. I made sure to get all the requirements for ten stars. The only thing I wasn't sure about each time was damage so I would play through to the end results screen, check how much damage I took, and if I thought it was possible to play from the point before fighting Eddie and decrease the damage I took, then I'd do it again. I believe the first time I did this I took about 673 damage by the end, which included getting hit by the doormen in the hotel a few times as well as taking numerous shots and hits from Eddie. So I needed to shave off 173 damage and they damage I took from Eddie and the doormen, to the end was probably around 300. So did it again, and got it down to like 550. Did it again and got it down to like 515 and then I ended up trying it one more time taking very little damage from Eddie... I think it was like one shot and five or six punches and no damage from the doormen in the hotel, and I got it down to 486.

Also I helps to know that the first aid kit heals like 50 damage and the ampoule heals about 100. So I could sort of count the damage down to me by what items it took to get me back into the green status.

I really do appreciate the input, any and all advice is most welcome. Again, thanks.

lowtek
04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Man, I went through hard mode/hard riddle just to see what it was like, not aiming for 10* rank. I ended up with over 2000 damage! I don't see how you're supposed to dodge Abstract Daddy and Eddie accurately. Somebody on here with the achievement needs to start posting some youtube videos ASAP!!!

Schism
04-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Dont try it on your first playthrough. You need all the other endings in order to get it. I would go for the Dog ending as well. Pretty much gets rid of the last two boss fights. I did this on the ps2 and yes...it takes a SHIT LOAD of patience. The only thing that was difficult, at least to me, was the 75/75 kills. I beat the game easily just running past all the monsters using the previous sprays to stun them..but failed to get the ten stars because of that one requirement. That means you have to take the time to go LOOK and find ammo, kill them, use melee weapons, wait for them to die. . . its annoying. But the boat section is a pain in the ass as well. I saved at the beginning of the hospital, and at Pier before the boat section. Make sure to have guides on the riddles open as well. Dont try rushing not knowing what any of the riddles on hard are like. Hope that helps

edit: and use MULTIPLE save slots. So you know exactly how much time you have spent. Example: dont save over a previous save thinking its your best time, try to do better on another save. If you cant just use the first save.

lowtek
04-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I should also add my hard playthrough was for the "In Water" ending so I did fight the 2 Pyramid Heads as well the final boss, so that could be factored in. I just need the "Maria" ending now and then the only achievements I have left are Green Hyper Spray, all SH2 achievements, and 75 shooting kills (figured I'd hold off on that as a good way to know when I hit the requirement when I finally decide to do my 10* run.

Also, some helpful advice: there is a guy on youtube called "Duck360Gaming" who started a 10* video walkthrough but only uploaded about 4 parts. According to the message he sent me, he plans to upload the rest soon. So keep a look out.

Rage66
04-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Sorry English isn't my Native Language and it's very Hard for me to Explain it in English... but thats how i beat the Boat Stage in under 75 Seconds...

Before you enter the Boat press Pause now get your Controller between your legs (knee Area) so that it won't slip away.
Now grab the left Analog Stick with your Index and Middle Finger and Thumb do the same with your Right Hand for the Right Analog Stick...

At the Very Start do 5.5 - 6 Rotations Counterclockwise to turn right ( you may slightly pass the light but thats ok all i can say is practice the beginning).
And now rotate the left Counter and the Right Clockwise... halfway trough the Stage do some coursecorrection..

Thats how I do it..... works like a charm.. (for me)

jakspald22
04-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Abstract daddy and Eddie are really damn hard to beat without damage. Like I said previously you really should do a play through and save before each difficult section and practice them.

For abstract daddy just keep moving from side to side (left to right, right to left) and make sure he's not close enough to grab you but not too far away so that you won't get a shot on him when you run to the other side. You should use the shotgun and take one or two blasts on each side (depending on how close he is). Also do not shoot him when he's getting up, you'll waste time trying to get to the other side. Unfortunately it's almost for sure that he'll grab you once or twice. So you need to make sure you don't take too much damage before him. I'm not positive about this but when I was playing and he grabbed me I pushed like all the buttons frantically and he seemed to let go of me more quickly than if I didn't do anything.

Eddie will most definitely damage you so you really need to manage your damage taken beforehand. The strategy I used was on part 1 was to ready the steel pipe by pressing and holding RT+A during the cutscene. This will make James do a strong overhead attack and you will take absolutely no damage during part 1. Part 2 is quite a bit more difficult. I saved before the Eddied fight so I had a lot of practice and retries. I used the meat to my advantage at the beginning. Then I let him run to me, and shot him while he came toward me. I let him walk away a little and shot him again. Hell start to run at you to hit you and you will hopefully have enough space to hit him again. To be honest I got really lucky on the 10 play through I did. He kept hitting the meat and not James. So I got away with very little damage. Unfortunately I have no advice on how to replicate these results... I tried to keep making him hit the meat, but sometimes he would and sometimes he wouldn't. Also using the shotgun for this would be advised

oCAJUNally
04-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Oh yeah I'm by no means saying this is easy (I haven't even managed to do it yet haha, but I just need to trim off 100-200 points of damage and I'll get it.)

What I was saying is that to someone who either hasn't played the game in years and never got 10* (myself), or to someone completely new to SH2, the criteria for this achievement seems absolutely insane. It actually ends up that its easier than it FIRST looks, but not by much.

I was just saying that patience, good reflexes, and knowledge of SH2 makes this achievement a 6-7/10 instead of the 10/10 it can first seem.

Gazzoid
04-18-2012, 04:18 PM
I really don't know if I'm gonna bother trying to attempt this... :eek:

I mean, how can you kill 75 enemies with melee and 75 enemies with weapons in one playthrough when you only have 3 hours to beat the game!? Not only that, but isn't ammo scarce in hard mode? :confused:

HabsCen10ial
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Yikes :eek:

I'm a completeionist and this sounds like a real bitch but I still have to pick up this game. I need to know what all this SH2 hype was really about.

Gor1lla
04-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm currently doing my 10* rank. I just need to get done with the last part without getting hit too often (messed up right before the save-.-).
I haven't played "Hard" before, but it's easy enough, except if the game screws you over with the camera angle

jakspald22
04-18-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm currently doing my 10* rank. I just need to get done with the last part without getting hit too often (messed up right before the save-.-).
I haven't played "Hard" before, but it's easy enough, except if the game screws you over with the camera angle

Yeah the camera angles suck sometimes... especially in the labyrinth. You walk into a room and a spitter is right in front of you so you can't see it. They got me a couple times during my 10* run