PDA

View Full Version : anybody elses game freezing?

I GOWDIABLO I
03-31-2012, 02:48 PM
hi i just had a quick question regarding the SH HD game....my gf recently 1k this game and she now says in her words "SH2 freezes after attainin the last SH2 achevemet...sh3 MG kills gameplay sounds and makes the game lag/ freeze" i was wondering if anybody else is having this trouble....if so please post a reply, thanx

jakspald22
03-31-2012, 06:22 PM
After I got the green hyper spray in SH2 my game also froze. I was really bummed about it too because I was looking forward to using it!

SH3 froze a lot for me as well, especially in the hospital, or going to the motel from the hospital. And the submachine gun really did distort the sound in the game and caused a miserable frame-rate drop. The game didn't freeze on me while using it though.

Ceris
04-01-2012, 12:19 AM
I tried playing SH3 three different times, all three times it froze...

Thomas001122
04-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Mine froze on me while going for the 2 saves or less achievement. For some reason I was thinking you could only save one time(remembered it wrong). I was going to wait until I made it to Silent Hill in SH3. I just made it back to Heather's house and tried to skip the cutscene and it froze. I've had it freeze a few other times during my first time through. They need to patch the game. :uzi:

Ceris
04-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Mine froze on me while going for the 2 saves or less achievement. For some reason I was thinking you could only save one time(remembered it wrong). I was going to wait until I made it to Silent Hill in SH3. I just made it back to Heather's house and tried to skip the cutscene and it froze. I've had it freeze a few other times during my first time through. They need to patch the game. :uzi:
It froze there? Mine froze on SH3 three times.

1. While walking to the amusement park after hospital
2. In the amusement park after getting the shoe off the stage
3. Right before heading to the change to the otherworld in the hospital

All 3 of those were files that hadn't been saved yet. I have had enough of this collection and won't play it again until it is patched.

Bobo
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
i was just going through sh2 on my 10* run and while in the labyrinth my game went dark, and i dont mean my flashlight turned off... i could still hear stuff, i could pause and go into menus and see those fine, but the unpaused game had no display whatsoever... tried every combination of buttons and movement, and cant do anything now. it was right after i got the wire cutters and jumped down the ladder. i can hear james run around and shoot if i press buttons, but cant progress forward... and of course it was right before my 2nd save... bastards!

UltimateAuron32
04-03-2012, 05:08 PM
just got a freeze in the Dark Hospital, after that shit scary room with the mirror and blood creeping floor... though heather was dead for sure!

got the freeze going through a door, and now have about 30 minutes of work to do again...

jakspald22
04-03-2012, 07:32 PM
just got a freeze in the Dark Hospital, after that shit scary room with the mirror and blood creeping floor... though heather was dead for sure!

got the freeze going through a door, and now have about 30 minutes of work to do again...

That is exactly the same point my game froze

Rage66
04-03-2012, 08:10 PM
same here! Hospital after the Mirror Room!!... and yet another freeze .... guess what ? Final Boss Room >.<

I wouldn't Recommend going for the 2 Save Achievement in Silent Hill 3 on Full Playtroughs.. do that on your UFO Playtrough...:mad:

I never had any trouble with Silent Hill 2 (except some weird Sound Glitches)

UltimateAuron32
04-03-2012, 09:23 PM
same here! Hospital after the Mirror Room!!... and yet another freeze .... guess what ? Final Boss Room >.<

I wouldn't Recommend going for the 2 Save Achievement in Silent Hill 3 on Full Playtroughs.. do that on your UFO Playtrough...:mad:

I never had any trouble with Silent Hill 2 (except some weird Sound Glitches)

guess what else? JUST happened to me, really, this is retarded, i mean its impossible for them to NOT have this happen in testing... its just too frequent!

i just want to do the game, the story really has me stuck to my screen!

oh and it wasn't just a normal freeze, it completely locked up my console, had to restart the thing from the power button!

Ceris
12-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Turns out this is still an issue... My cousin borrowed and lost my game so I decided to buy it on Games on Demand since my disc tray is broken.

SH3 has froze on my 4-5 times, though every time was right before the final boss room. And to my surprise, SH2 froze on me in the credits! Last time I saved was when I reached the hospital, ended with the Maria ending, defeated final boss and was watching the cutscenes, just before the credits appeared, game froze without giving me an option to save or my achievements...

Darkrain
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
For me only SH3 has frozen in the alternative Hospital while going through a door...

The Silence
02-05-2013, 06:11 PM
I realize this may be a bit old, but I experienced a freeze on my initial playthrough of SH3; I had been entering into the room to go fight the last boss, and the game froze before the cut scene prior to could initiate.

I was forced to restart. Luckily, this was my playthrough with 37 individual save points all throughout the game.

My 2 save playthrough ( where my last save was at the Subway car) did not freeze at all. I would have broken the disc, my Xbox, and any accessories related and it knew it.