PDA

View Full Version : Playing the Lottery

BusyBusyPanda
04-01-2012, 01:22 AM
I wonder how do you get Lottery tickets? My husband and I have played to the end of the first Chapter. I have 6 tickets he has 2. What causes Lottery tickets to drop? It's a pretty strong discrepency between 6 and 2. Is there a way to raise your chances to get some? Is it related to the bonds, how well you do in battle or completed mission count? I can't seem to figure it out.

Vile Denial
04-01-2012, 09:37 AM
I haven't paid too much attention to it, but they seem to be tied to bonds with characters, and doing the "change timeline" quests (the ones to unlock the redux quests).

I could be completely mistaken though.

Edit: Nothing to do with the type of level actually. I'd say it's mostly to do with bonds, as I got 2 a minute ago. Just did a mission after a load of banquets.

waxc3
04-01-2012, 05:21 PM
i got them nonstop in co-op online.
offline ive gotten a couple from people that i have high bonds with when doing their challenges

Mikeyspinkick
04-01-2012, 05:51 PM
It's completely random from what I'm seeing. I'll do more research and get back to you at a later time.

Onyxflamegod
04-02-2012, 05:18 AM
I'm not sure how much this helps you guys figure it out, but yesterday or the day before I got about 8 tickets in one run.

Don't know why I got them, but I remember I did all my missions, got a few thousand KO's and I was busy farming the HELL out of crystals so i probably did in excess of 30 true triple attacks.

Just in case any of that helps.

I can't remember what difficulty I was on though, sorry.

waxc3
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
now that my bonds are either maxed or very high i get them for people i just did challenges for very very often in Chap4

Prime4
04-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Do lottery tickets have a chance of 4 Star Weapons?

Valiantheart
04-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Yes they do give you a chance at 4 star weapons. I aquired a few this way very early on. But also seems to be very random.

Also it seems that the quaility might increase as you advance in the story too. I just made it to chapter 3 yesterday and used alottery ticket and every weapon inside was a 3 star.

Mikeyspinkick
04-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Playing The Lottery -+UPDATE+-

So, just defeated the Hydra (8-Head Battle), completed two missions, only selected two missions, received 3 lottery tickets.

Looks like it's not connected to missions, eh?

Valiantheart
04-06-2012, 11:18 AM
It seems like completing missions increases the odds of you getting a lottery ticket from that person.

L KIRA HAYABUSA
04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I, personally, think that it has to do with difficulty. When I played on normal, I got probably 3-4 every few missions. But when I do it on Hard or Chaos difficulty, with about 3 missions completed and around 3k KOs, I get about 2-4 per mission

BusyBusyPanda
04-09-2012, 02:55 AM
It might be connected to difficulty but I don't really think so. My husband plays on Normal and Hard all the time and I play on only Easy until I finish story mode. I've gotten well over 30 tickets now since starting the game. I just reached Chapter 3. My husband has gotten 12-14 he says and he just finished the story. I got do the old missions over and over to get points and try out new characters and seem to get a ticket every mission or so sometimes 2 or 3. When I play I focus on killing every named general and doing what the strategist's say whereas my husband will go for the main guy always to just end a level and if he does it along the way complete missions. The idea that it is linked to bonds makes more sense to me than anything else. I just wish I knew clearly what it was that drops them.