PDA

View Full Version : side quest question

Koots
04-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Do you have to beat all side quests in one go to get the achievement for all side quests or can you do them in multiple playthroughs?

Im liking this game so far so i think ill try to do all of them

Like a Kodiak
04-01-2012, 01:48 PM
You do have to complete them all in one playthrough.
That being said, you cannot complete them all until a 2nd playthrough-- the quest "Digging Up the Past" is not available til your second time around.

Gor1lla
04-01-2012, 03:26 PM
...which doesn't matter, because you don't need that quest to get the achievement.

ImaginaryRuins
04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
...which doesn't matter, because you don't need that quest to get the achievement.

Very true, as I got this achievement in my 1st playthrough.

burnoutbabe
04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
hi

just about to start the game, ad try and do all side quests in 1st playthrough (bar the digging up past one)

but how do you know, without a guide, that you have done all side quests in an area and not missed any before moving on? are they very obvious? or should i just quickly read the achievement guide and note locations so i know which is where?

Gor1lla
04-02-2012, 04:48 PM
If you aren't playing on hard puzzle difficulty, you get a note when you are near a sidequest, other than that, they are easy to miss. If you want to explore on your own, do so. You can complete them anytime until the point of no return (which is obvious, too).

kgould01
04-06-2012, 04:25 AM
so what part of the game can you not finish the side quests? for example i am working on the free the birds. can i go back and do that at anytime?

Rep
04-06-2012, 05:14 AM
so what part of the game can you not finish the side quests? for example i am working on the free the birds. can i go back and do that at anytime?

Yes as long as you don't advance on the boat.

kgould01
04-07-2012, 02:27 AM
ok cool thanks.

Collier1313
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I didn't do the bank side quest because I was trying to get the good behavior achievement, I was afraid I would have to kill/execute the enemies to complete it. Does anyone know if that's actually the care or was I just being overly paranoid?

ImaginaryRuins
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I didn't do the bank side quest because I was trying to get the good behavior achievement, I was afraid I would have to kill/execute the enemies to complete it. Does anyone know if that's actually the care or was I just being overly paranoid?

You have to kill, not incapacitate, in the Bank side quest.

However, I read from another player (I must emphasize this is not my discovery), that if you strike down a monster at the stair, the monster will disappear directly, meaning that the game takes it that you "killed" it, but it won't count the kill in the statistics menu. This way you should be able to get Good Behaviour as well as All side quest done achievement in the same playthrough.