PDA

View Full Version : Servers shutting down

nfgmusicPaul
04-01-2012, 07:37 PM
on April 30th it says the servers for Hasbro Family Game Night will be closing down. Can someone please explain which family game nights will also be affected and the DLC.
thanks

Troy2010
04-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I went through the guides for each game, and it SEEMS (don't hold me to this) that the only online-only achievement I found was Scrabble - World Wide Web (complete one game of Scrabble on Xbox Live).

ChickinOnaChain
04-08-2012, 04:51 PM
It's a shame that this game would ever lose it's server, since there's not that many family games that are fun for everyone.

Troy2010
04-08-2012, 06:11 PM
It's EA. I really think it's time that the industry commits to a certain time period (minimum) that their servers will be available. EA has been shutting down servers and that's fine--I get it--but there needs to be a commitment to help consumers decide if they want to invest (time and/or money) into a game that might be less-than-paid-for later. Much like a limited time offer, this needs to be on the game box or download screen.

Felonious Monk
08-28-2012, 02:52 AM
It's EA. I really think it's time that the industry commits to a certain time period (minimum) that their servers will be available. EA has been shutting down servers and that's fine--I get it--but there needs to be a commitment to help consumers decide if they want to invest (time and/or money) into a game that might be less-than-paid-for later. Much like a limited time offer, this needs to be on the game box or download screen.
The annoying thing is that they totally are covering themselves legally; through the fine print. That this is a continuing trend is very upsetting.

I wonder if there's any possibility that a third party could be allowed to run servers that have gone offline. And if they allowed them to gather advertisers to put a short ad in a system message whenever someone logs on...

There's just got to be a better way.

Angel Le4
11-11-2012, 04:58 AM
Such a shame!

Corrupt.
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
The annoying thing is that they totally are covering themselves legally; through the fine print. That this is a continuing trend is very upsetting.

I wonder if there's any possibility that a third party could be allowed to run servers that have gone offline. And if they allowed them to gather advertisers to put a short ad in a system message whenever someone logs on...

There's just got to be a better way.

EA don't give a fuck, period. No point even talking about it...