PDA

View Full Version : Vocals concern

thieflordgamer
08-24-2007, 02:13 AM
This problem was brought to my attention while watching the creators of Rock Band play "Main Offender". And let me say the main offender in that song was the singing.

I think all the instruments in Rock Band look awesome and like they will be a lot of fun to play. But will they put in a feature to turn off the recorded vocals so that you can only hear the player's singing? The chick in the video combined with the singing recorded on the game sounded utterly horrendous. I'm sure her voice isn't really that bad, I'm pretty sure it's just her sound waves conflicting with the sound waves of the recorded vocals.

Am I crazy or did you guys notice this also?

ViperxSniper
08-24-2007, 03:12 AM
Yes, EA/Harmonix have confirmed you can change the volume level of the singer. The main reason that she sounded so bad was that her voice and the recorded was being picked up by different speakers that were seconds off from each other. Add in Peter Moore random lyrics (when he wasn't pausing the game), and it does sounds like crap. Go check out the G4 Podcast of the game to get a better performance (minus Moore) as well as video footage of the game.

thieflordgamer
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Awesome, that's good news. I watched that 40 minute video they had and Wanted Dead or Alive sounded really good.

benbam87
10-23-2007, 02:58 AM
Wheres the link to this video

thieflordgamer
10-23-2007, 10:06 PM
YouTube - Rock Band - Main Offender

Nedyahwerd
10-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I went to the tour with a few of my buddies. Something I didn't really look into but was brought up by another buddy of mine. In terms of the vocals, Does the game recognize the actual words or is all based on Tone/Pitch?

BTW here's our performances. The first one is the one we filmed the one that's on a link at the bottom. I'm the one with the hat.

http://www.geocities.com/glu_1999/

MAPP1117
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
maybe playing the actual song in the background and putting the mic up to the speakers will work? just a thought

matty cheetham
10-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Sweet video this game is well and truly gonna rock.
---

DFILL450
10-25-2007, 08:00 PM
In the ign videos of the "ignorant sluts" playing lol, all you can hear is the singer. Theres no background of the real vocals. Idk why its like that in the video. That guy playing guitar was getting WAYYY too into it lol.

thieflordgamer
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
maybe playing the actual song in the background and putting the mic up to the speakers will work? just a thought

Haha good idea I'll have to try that if I have trouble 100%ing a song on expert vocals.

Also I think I remember hearing that when you play online the other players don't hear your voice, just the recorded vocals. Kinda sucks for the singer.