PDA

View Full Version : SH3 - Perm Glitched?

Creazil
04-02-2012, 12:43 PM
So, I'm in the Subway Station on SH3 and I get to the platform leading to the right road and there's nothing there. I go down to the tracks but cannot go either way otherwise I get run over.

I also go the other side in which the same thing happens, so I thought I'd look up a walkthrough and to my surprise, a cutscene was meant to happen when I got onto the station and walked a bit further down, yet this didn't happen to me.

I finally get the game and it's glitched by a bloody cutscene :( SH2 works fine but this one... which also happens to be my favourite!

oCAJUNally
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Are you sure you're in the correct place? A lot of platforms in the subway look IDENTICAL. However, the correct platform has a door that you have to jump down on the tracks to reach. If you do it correctly, you try to open that door, there's a cutscene, and you hurry back to the platform. Is that the area you're in, and all you're seeing is Heather getting run over?

To get to that area you don't just go to platform 3 and jump on the tracks. You go to the furthest platform, get a nutcracker, go to another platform using the nutcracker, get a shotgun, then end up at an entirely separate section of platform 3 before seeing the door I mentioned above. You're doing all of that?

Because if you are, you got screwed over, and are the only person I've heard of that happening to.

Creazil
04-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks. I'll look up a walkthrough. Nobody would think I completed this 10+ times on PS2 :L

jakspald22
04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks. I'll look up a walkthrough. Nobody would think I completed this 10+ times on PS2 :L

Yeah I had a lot of those moments for both of these games. Makes you realize just how long ago it was

jakspald22
04-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh and I also had a comment relevant to this thread... I got the bloody screen in the hospital. It wouldn't go away when I reloaded earlier saves, but it did go away once I restarted my Xbox.

Herr Shaun
04-02-2012, 10:34 PM
The subway level is a maze. This is the map I used to complete it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/561292-silent-hill-3/faqs/29994

Creazil
04-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I got through it :) Infact, I completed both games since I posted this :L

SH3 in 3 hours and 27 minutes or something. Only if I didn't spend all that time in the subway >.<
SH2 in 3 hours and 50 minutes... Good for my first try coming back to the games :)

UltimateAuron32
04-03-2012, 05:14 PM
lol, the amount of rage that built up when i was in that damn subway. found myself screaming "for f**k sake, WHERE THE HELL AM I MEANT TO GO!?" i knew it was the platform with the door lower down, but damn, the time limit is strict! especially with those freaky dogs biting the poor girls leg!

Ceris
04-03-2012, 06:00 PM
My first time in the subway, I died by a train 3 times. The 3rd time, I saw that door and walked towards it expecting it to open. When it didn't and I heard the train, I just walked away from my ps2 not knowing you are supposed to run back xD

UltimateAuron32
04-03-2012, 09:26 PM
the time limit is REALLY strict about it, and the train's horn is NOT the most loudest of things, add to the equation the dog-things biting Heather's legs and your gonna die a few times first play-through...

Herr Shaun
04-04-2012, 12:14 AM
There's also no clear indication of whether you got back on the platform in time, so you may feel as though you screwed up when in fact you barely made it.

Creazil
04-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Well I wrote a little mini-guide on where to go and what to pick up. You can skip the whole nutcracker gate and shotgun right? 'Cos I don't need that when I have the unlimited machine gun and flamethrower. Although, I gotta get melee kills! I want that damn beam! I got the costume for it.

UltimateAuron32
04-04-2012, 11:51 PM
There's also no clear indication of whether you got back on the platform in time, so you may feel as though you screwed up when in fact you barely made it.

EXACTLY! after three horrible sequences of poor Heather getting turned into chunks, i finally did it, but at first thought, "what, AGAIN?!" just about to hurl my pad at my TV when i realized she'd made it :)