PDA

View Full Version : Preorder. Help!!!!!!

PLaSmA T4rt
04-03-2012, 01:49 AM
im a big halo fan and i want to preorder halo 4 online and i want the ledgendary edition if there is one but the thing is i have to do it online and im too young to buy it straight up :(. that's the least of my problems i can preorder online but the ledgendary edtion is a huge ass box and i don't want it in front of my house where people can easily steal when im at school:mad:. one last thing can you preorder different game editions?

iBuzz7S
04-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Just ask a parent or sibling to buy it? And surely, there will be a few editions for the game. It's Halo!

What exactly do you mean by pre-ordering different game editions? For Halo 4? Standard, collectors and legendary editions or something similar? It would depend on what editions they make available.

SuperSkyline89
04-03-2012, 03:58 AM
I always pre-order from Amazon, each edition of the game has it's own page. Whichever page you pre-order from is the one you get.

If you pre-order at a store make sure you tell them which one you want but if you don't show up to pick it up on the first day they might run out and hand it to someone else. I almost got screwed by Gamestop like that with ODST, needless to say I never went back there.

Just get your parents to pre-order it from a store and pick it up after school.

DarkReign2021
04-03-2012, 08:53 AM
1. If you want to pre-order online, that will require either a credit card number or a gift card with sufficient cash amount on it. As for the age barrier, I never actually had an issue with buying games under the age of 17 when I was that young, but that may be because every account I ever made had me pegged as 21 by default just in case.

2. I'm pretty sure high-dollar packages will not be left at your doorstop. They usually need to be signed for and won't be left if nobody is home. If you are never home to pick it up, after the 3rd attempt you'll have to pick it up at the office of whoever it's shipped through. Another possibility to avoid the hassle is to have it shipped to a friend's house whom you can rely on somebody being home to receive it. Check to make sure it's ok with them first, than place the order under their name for signing purposes and just pay for it yourself so you don't have to worry about paying them back.

3. There aren't currently any announcements on different editions of the game, but considering Halo 2 and Halo 3 pioneered mainstream Collector and Uber Edition sets, I would be surprised if they didn't have these announced. Give it time. Possibly going to be among the big reveal at E3 this year.

SuperSkyline89
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM
2. I'm pretty sure high-dollar packages will not be left at your doorstop. They usually need to be signed for and won't be left if nobody is home. If you are never home to pick it up, after the 3rd attempt you'll have to pick it up at the office of whoever it's shipped through. Another possibility to avoid the hassle is to have it shipped to a friend's house whom you can rely on somebody being home to receive it. Check to make sure it's ok with them first, than place the order under their name for signing purposes and just pay for it yourself so you don't have to worry about paying them back.

I don't know if this is how they do it everywhere but UPS never waits around to sign for things. They just drop it at the door, ring the bell, and walk away. Most of the time I order things from Amazon my parents come home from work and find a package sitting on the porch.

DarkReign2021
04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
hmm... UPS always tends to require a signature in my situation. It was a bitch trying to get my xbox back after the RRoD because they only came when I was at work and they wouldn't leave it. Maybe videogames are exempted from this rule. I would think a large package like a Legendary Edition wouldn't be left though.

If that's the case, though, than shipping it to a friend or having the package held for pickup at the UPS office is probably the best alternative.

PLaSmA T4rt
04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Well my parents are so busy they don't have time and im scared if i have to sign something because they might not allow me too. my parents would freak if they found out but im going to use a gift card with my own money. ESRB sucks for making the rating because if they didn't i could just buy it by myself. One more if you do preorder a lets say ledgendary edtion would it still come with the preorder bonus?

DarkReign2021
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Well my parents are so busy they don't have time and im scared if i have to sign something because they might not allow me too. my parents would freak if they found out but im going to use a gift card with my own money. ESRB sucks for making the rating because if they didn't i could just buy it by myself. One more if you do preorder a lets say ledgendary edtion would it still come with the preorder bonus?

Preordering the Legendary will still net you any store bonus as well.

Something I just thought of is if you pre-order from a store, I'm pretty sure they only card you once when you order it initially. So if you ever get a chance to get your parents in there when you put the pre-order down, you should be okay to pick it up without your parents when the game finally comes out.

Rickmassacre
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
it wont get dumped outside your house.
if they cant deliver it will go to the post office where you have to pick it up
unless you leave directions to leave with a neighbour
but if your english it wont come out til friday so you'll get it on friday or saturday

PLaSmA T4rt
04-05-2012, 01:22 AM
im going to try at like bestbuy or ebgames or something. do u think it is relieable to buy it online at those stores? does it need to be sign after the package comes?