PDA

View Full Version : Static discharge, it helps, and hurts

Night45Fox
08-24-2007, 02:51 AM
i have the static discharge 2 and it always seems to go off when i am near a big daddy. god damn splicers!!

happen to any1 else?

tenaciousdave
08-24-2007, 04:27 AM
Yeah I have had trouble like that before. In some areas of the city it will go off and break a window or something and you get chased down by bots for vandalism. But It's so worth it.

K00PA TR00PA
08-24-2007, 04:39 AM
Static discharge is my favorite. When i went back and ran thru the game on easy for the tonic/diaries/weapon upgrades achievements, you can have that tonic and the splicers die from the shock easily.

Yoshi6107
08-24-2007, 10:58 AM
The problem is, if you get too close to a Big Daddy, they'll just hit you to knock you out of the way.

I'm only assuming this is your problem, they are probably hitting you first, but they don't do it with the intentions of hurting you.

Acrid Placidity
08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
When they hit you out of the way like that, it doesn't hurt you. And I believe that the shock doesn't affect them either, as I've been quite near to them when it's gone off as well. Hook yourself up with invisibility and stand still when the alarms go off. It'll save you from the bots. They will fly right through you not even noticing.

K1ng K00p4
08-24-2007, 01:47 PM
The problem is, if you get too close to a Big Daddy, they'll just hit you to knock you out of the way.

I'm only assuming this is your problem, they are probably hitting you first, but they don't do it with the intentions of hurting you.

I think what he means is that he was near a Big Daddy and a splicer hit him sending out a shock that also hit the Big Daddy. I think that's what he means because I've done that as well. It's a pain thinking that your fine until you get a drill shoved through you.