PDA

View Full Version : Did you use a guide on your first playthrough?

HabsCen10ial
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Even though this game needs multiple playthroughs it is still pretty easy to complete right?

I want to playthrough the game without a guide my first time. I don't understand why people want to use a guide on their first playthrough. Doesn't it ruin the whole creepiness of a SH title?

Rep
04-03-2012, 03:10 PM
I completed all of the side quests and the game without using a guide. I don't think there even was a guide made at the time I completed it. I did, however, look up one of the puzzle solutions on YouTube one time.

EliteShadowMan
04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I sort of did as i did my first playthrough on Hard, with Hard Puzzles. I only looked up a few codes, other than that i didn't follow a guide at all.

romanzad
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I never use guides on a first play through but I did have to look up some of the codes on a hard puzzle playthrough :(

HabsCen10ial
04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Well I'm not really worried about codes and puzzles. I'm talking about tips and guides that would ruin the story or the "scare factor".

burnoutbabe
04-04-2012, 01:52 PM
yes, 100% as i have no real idea where to go next in these games and aimless wandering annoys me. So maybe SH isn't for me, but i am happy to play with a guide to tell me where to go next (and how to avoid back tracking too much)

I still enjoy it all, so have no problem with doing it.

FalseArc
04-09-2012, 10:47 PM
I did hate having to backtrack didn't really ruin anything for me still found it to have its creepy moments though by the end of the game the only thing that made me jump or what not was my controller going crazy and to being able to fight right at the end >.>

Pusha
04-13-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't use guides on first playthroughs on any game. ;) After, I beat the game, sure.

Devilishdemento
04-21-2012, 04:56 PM
I needed to look up the answer to two puzzles (the clock-safe one in the centennial building and the printing machine one in the prison) but thought everything else was pretty easy.

garabee
05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
i sure did to lower my playthroughs

NiteChylde
06-06-2012, 11:50 PM
I've only just ordered Downpour, but I voted anyway: No.

On first playthroughs I never use any guides, don't wanna spoil my gaming experience. On playthrough #1 I always try to do everything myself, including, but not limited to finding boss strategies, puzzle solutions, collectibles, getting as many achievements as possible etc.

Afterwards it really depends on the game. For games like the Mass Effect or Batman series I'd never use a guide, but for average games like Call of Duty or really time consuming games like Skyrim I read at least through achievement guides and roadmaps to not miss too much. ^-^

^_^x Yashiro
06-07-2012, 07:55 PM
To be honest this is the first SH I used a guide for half-playtrough (some reasons...), and for sure to complete all achievements.

TG Wolf
06-09-2012, 02:36 AM
A Silent Hill veteran never needs a guide, we understand how to find/do everything.

FaSCoRP
08-22-2012, 01:38 PM
this is a story based game, following a guide will ruin your experience, you will spoil everything