PDA

View Full Version : Why the hate?

ShadowDante58
04-03-2012, 06:28 PM
I've honestly never understood why people despise DMC2. Its not as good as 3, but I still think DMC2 is a pretty tight game. In order for the series Id say:

3 > 1 > 2 > 4

neosman8
04-06-2012, 11:15 AM
i liked dmc 2 as well and thought it was really good i mean sure dante lost his charm and is more serious and the story is kinda non existent but it brought some awesome features to it the other games used.

Vindicator51
04-06-2012, 11:17 AM
2 is actually supposed to be after 4. Just saying.

Strid
04-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Because 2 is no where near as challenging as 1 or 3. That said, it's still fun, most will admit that, it's just not a good game, well, now it is but when it came out it wasn't. Games are so damn easy anymore and care more about a wider audience more than a challenge so if playing it for the first time, in the state gaming is in now, it's probably pretty damn good.

ShadowDante58
04-07-2012, 10:37 AM
2 is actually supposed to be after 4. Just saying.

Opinions.

it's just not a good game, well, now it is but when it came out it wasn't.

I played shit out of it on the PS2. It's a really fun game, I've never seen the problem with it.

KongQuest
04-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Edit: deleted

ShadowDante58
04-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Then get all the achievements if it's so easy for you

Its not really that hard, I played it for a few hours and i've beat it with Dante and Lucia, and beat hard mode with Dante. I think DMC2 will be the easiest for achievements out of the 3, the whole Bloody Palace chunk aside.

Edit: Done, I've got all the DMC2 cheevies. Wasnt hard.

Strid
04-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Then get all the achievements if it's so easy for you

No, ha. I'm not going to spend $40 on games I already own just so I can add points to a pool that doesn't mean anything.

MikeMannuh
04-11-2012, 03:50 AM
I've never played these games back in the day. I had fun with DMC1, it felt like a DMC game. But in this game the combat is just so spectacularly incredibly fucking shit, it's not even funny. I want this game to fucking die. I'd skip it in a heartbeat if I wasn't such a completion whore. Fuck...seriously.

iNOiZe21
04-12-2012, 04:39 PM
DMC2 may also be hated that much because most of the enemies and bosses are only killable with guns (trismagia, the chopper, noctpteran and so on...) or are just annoying to fight with swords. Also, the game is rather short, I finished hard faster than in DMC1 (and I needed 2:17 for DMC1 on hard..) and went through DMD in 3-4 hours while only using one gold orb and a few items for trismagia (The only hard fight in the story) and the overall story is... meh.
Many enemies are also terribly annoying and it seems like the controls are clumsy and that they sometimes not react instantly (which can be really bad if you need to evade..) and the battle system is, as already mentioned, bullshit at best. (Too slow, not a great variety of different moves..)

Yet one has to admit that DMC2 had some good ideas like the devil hearts (could've been improved), it has a good atmosphere (not as good as DMC1's, but still), a fitting soundtrack, good voiceacting (except for Arius, I always have to laugh at the mission 17 sequence.. - Trismagia's voiceacting is badass though, too bad it nearly doesn't say anything.) and it can have it's fun moments.

KrazyKevin1
06-12-2012, 10:41 AM
I never understood the hate either but I loved this when it came out. Now I realise all you do is hold X with the missle launcher to kill any boss, there are practically no moves with the sword, Lucia is tragic to use. All the bosses are boring, there's absolutely no challenge on must die mode. Kill Nightmare on DMD, DMC1, complete the Palace with an S on 4, then return to DMC2, where you just... stand there holding X. It's pretty disappointing.

punkrockfox
06-19-2012, 01:29 AM
I will have to agree that the combat in this game is super crappy. It is clunky and slow and has honestly made it harder for me than the others. Props for some of the ideas and everything, but the gameplay itself isn't fluid enough to actually work with them.